New Year's Eve Wedding?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

AndreaInLove Posts : 5 Registered: 12/5/09
New Year's Eve Wedding?
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 10:28 PM

My fiance and I want to get married in December 2010, but we're trying to pick out a good date so all our friends and family can come from out of town. We're looking at New Year's Eve (a Friday). Does this seem like a good idea?

WeddingCeremonies Posts : 2 Registered: 12/8/09
Re: New Year's Eve Wedding?
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 5:09 AM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

Hey that's great actually I am also searching date for wedding in 2010.
I am little bit scared because arrange marriage O god its quite difficult to spend a life with someone you don't know.

Wedding Ceremony
CoolWedding Receptions

darylicel Posts : 28 Registered: 11/23/09
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 8:30 AM Go to message in response to: WeddingCeremonies

my friend got married on new year's eve. it was the best wedding i've ever seen. it feels like the whole world is celebrating with you. i think that's a good idea!
Wedding venue in Berkshire Country House Weddings

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: darylicel

I would totally go! Lots of people like to attend parties on New Year's Eve anyway, and your wedding would just be an extra-special party. That's the way I see it, anyway.

preview image

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

I would totally go for it - sounds like it will be a blast! I bet you can get some off season deals, too! Good luck! :)

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

I think NY's weddings are awesome! If I was having one I'd cut the cake at midnight and seal it with a kiss. There are so many fun things you can do with this theme.

AndreaInLove Posts : 5 Registered: 12/5/09
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Ooh that's a great idea, thanks so much! my FH likes the idea too, so i've already been looking at venues because I bet they get booked really fast on that date.

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

you may want to ask your friends and family how they feel about this idea. a lot of people are on vacation at this time of year.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: EWF

I personally think it is a great idea!

If people want to be at your wedding, they will be there. If they can't make it, then that's fine too. If they want to be somewhere else when midnight hits, that's fine as well.

If that's the date you want, then go for it as this is your time for your wedding! Good luck and keep us posted.

Lilypie - (8e8A)

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

More ideas because your theme is so fun
1. outdoor sparkler send off for bride and groom
2. centerpieces - giant champagne glass filled with New Years noisemakers
3. Noisemakers. again. Got to get them in somewhere!
4. Champagne toast. Could be at midnight with cake cutting
5. If you are having table numbers - if 12 tables or less you could use the months of the year or if more than 12 you could use years ie. 1920, 1930 or years that are significant to you such as birth years.

juleme Posts : 6 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

I am ALL for it! We're getting married this year's NYE in Las Vegas! We can not wait for the day to get here & the party to start! Do remember the extra costs involved - there events planned every year, everywhere & they are costly. However, we said to heck with it all - we always want to celebrate with such a big bang! Good luck w/your planning!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

Definitely, go for it! I think that a lot of people would attend a New Years Eve wedding- everyone likes a goods party on New Years Eve! Whats better than celebrating your wedding night with family & friends, especially on such a wonderful holiday? I see it as a win/win. And you're right regarding venues, there are a lot of people looking to book parties of all nature on December 31st. Start looking asap! Goodluck & Congratulations!

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

divabride, i don't think i explained my point clearly. i'm not against a NYE wedding, i think it would be fun. but, there are people that have family obligations at that time of year. people that have time shares or a vacation for that time of year already planned (my father plans vacations 10 months in advance).

so i think it would be a good idea for the bride and groom to call a few of the really important people to her and make sure there would be nothing preventing them from being there.

heck, my best friend is getting married and her venue had 3 open dates and she called the whole bridal party to see if any of those dates wouldn't be good. one of those dates was July 3, 2010... i have a vacation planned and will be out of the country (see, early planning), she picked the date in June.

if people (even those who are super important to you) do have prior obligations or vacations planned where they could be out thousands of dollars by cancelling them, no matter how much they would want to be there with you, they just might not because of this. so i would just take a few minutes and make a couple of phone calls.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

I say go for it! I think a NYE wedding sounds amazingly fun! I used to want one myself, but when I got engaged, I couldn't stop dreaming of a fall wedding, and I love the date 10/10/10 so we went with that instead.

Good luck and happy planning!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

ICEStandard Posts : 34 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaInLove

That sounds like a great day to have your wedding. People get together on that day to celebrate the new year coming. I would love to have been invited to a wedding on that day. You will be celebrating your marriage and the new year to come.

www.icestandard.org

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine