What got you motivated?

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

I agree....vendor!! Plus I don't trust anyone who's grammar is that atrocious!!

And a loss is a loss, no matter how much!! I've lost 3 pounds just by watching what I ate this week! I'm down to 171.8 which is down from the 176 I had gotten up to two weeks ago. So since two weeks ago, I guess it's five, but I only counted from last week. Weird, I know.

GO TANIS! GO TANIS! GO TANIS!!!! =D

Love ya'll!!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P  -  People Offended by Offended People

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 3:24 AM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

It is almost 12:30 and I'm just now getting to bed after staying up to do homework... Somebody please come pry me from my covers in 5 hours and carry me to the gym... I may not make it on my own...

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Kens- way to go on the loss!!! You're kickin my butt ;)

So this morning... my alarm went off.... I laid there thinking about sleeping in vs. going to the gym... I got up and got dressed and as I was searching for my keys realized that 1) I was still wearing the socks I wore to bed (big ol warm ones) and had put slippers on over them and 2) I wasn't actually wearing workout clothes, but a pair of flannel pj pants, a sports bra, and one of FH's shirts... Clearly I was not fully awake and functioning properly, so I got back in bed and slept an extra hour.

Whoops!

But hey, on the bright side: I was able to consciously pull myself outta bed knowing I wanted to go to the gym... The thought counts, right?

=)

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Ashley you get an A for effort!!!! At least you got up and gave it a try!

I have actually been waking up every morning at 5 to hit the gym. I am so proud of myself. I never thought I would be able to do it. But every night I pack my breakfast and lunch, pick out work clothes and work out clothes. The alarm goes off, I get up, brush my teeth, throw on the clothes and bolt out the door. It is working out so well. I think I am super motivated right now because I don't want to be one of those girls that gets married and lets herself go... I gained back some weight on the honeymoon and in the past 2 months. I just started feeling gross. So that is what is keeping me going. Plus now I am kind of a "regular" in the morning, so they expect me there.

Yesterday I actually did 30 min of weights, which I usually NEVER last that long! I am a little bit sore today. I thought I would be hurting a little bit more. I probably need to push myself harder the next time I do weights.

Well ladies, I hope you girls are doing good. I am planning on starting my weigh ins next week. I have been discouraged to get on the scale because the number creeped up. But I think that next week (aunt flo will be gone) I need to face it and start weighing in so I can track my progress.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I am off to pack my bag for tomorrow. =)
wedding website

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Hellllloooo ladies!!!!!!!!!!

I am on a freaking roll right now. I am half way through my 4th week straight at the gym(I even went on Thanksgiving!). I go mon-fri for at least an hour. It is hard some mornings to get up so early, but I am really enjoying it. I am just kinda bummed because I haven't lost any weight yet! I weighed in the morning after my last post and I was at 168.5, then last week I was at 169.5. I know I didn't eat enough on thanksgiving to gain a pound. Plus I have cut out alcohol during the week(before I was drinking about a glass of white wine a night). I don't know what the heck is going on.... I am not giving up though. They say it takes 6 weeks to see results, so I am just going to keep trucking along. I am weighing in on Fridays if anyone wants to get back into that stuff!!!!

Well I hope you all are doing good. It seems like you all are from you fb updates!!!!
wedding website

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Hello girls. I just came over here to congratulate Tanis for beating my ass in the latest biggest loser showdown. Yup, she beat me. By a lot too. So I figured that Id come over here and be the "bigger person" (ha ha, get it ? bigger person? ) by saying WAY TO GO Tanis!!! And also... I figured if I let you all know that she won before SHE let you know herself ... well, then, it sorta takes the bragging wind out of her sails a bit too.... so yeah, I have an agenda. MOOOOOHHHOOOOHAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!

But .... I will say that Tanis IS the Queen of Fitness, as she proved in that last round. We all bow down in shame to her mightyness.

I shall now go and finish the m&ms Im eating. Yeah you heard me. M&ms. At 1am in the morning. Im sorry. My husbands working an overnight shift and its windy and pouring out and the lights are flickering and Im scared and my chocolate is comforting lol.

you see? This is why Tanis won.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 2:12 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Oh how we love our tanis!!! Sorry Kelley... although, I'm not really sorry... muahahahaha

FMS- you have been my inspiration!!!!!! I see your fb posts and at first I felt really guilty and bad about myself for not being in the gym too but you kept posting and I'm glad you did because it helped me to get over my pity party and get my ass in the gym. Even yesterday- I planned to go to the gym in the morning and even packed my bag and laid out my clothes and when my alarm clock went off I turned it off and attempted to go back to sleep... and then I checked fb. You posted asking "are you up??" and it was exactly what I needed- accountability. Not just to myself but to someone else. So, I dragged my ass out of bed just because I didn't want to tell you a few hours from then that I had in fact stayed in my warm cozy bed and got a bit more sleep. I went to the gym and ran a bit and it felt so good. I'm so glad that I got up and went even though I fell asleep on the couch less than 5 minutes after I got home and sat down, lol.

Keep up the good work, Sam- I'm totally cheering for you and am totally looking forward to your status updates that tell about your accomplishments =) As for the weigh ins... I'm in for posting, let's do this. I'll post this Saturday.

Kens- how are you?

Tanis- so many congrats on beating kelley! We <3 you guru!!!

annnnd, does anyone have contact info for sun??

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 2:41 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Ah....I'm so ashamed! You two are freakin awesome!!! I found a gym that's open 24 hours and decided not to join. Ash you had said that if that was where I needed to focus then to do it, but I don't think I would go. I've decided to USE the treadmill in my living room, and I'm going to clean up the garage and set up the weight bench my husband has and start using that instead. He said if I used it all consistently for 3 months then he would buy me a Bowflex....which I've always wanted. Plus I'm planning on buying him a punching bag for Christmas since he's said a couple of times he'd like to have one so he could punch out some frustrations, so.....there ya go.

I'll weigh in now.....178. Thanksgiving was just too damn good, what can I say?

I'm going tomorrow to buy running shoes, so I'll let you know what kind I got. Someone please ask me tomorrow what kind I got because I'll find all sorts of excuses not to go. I'm the QUEEN of excuxes....I've built my life around them.

And Kelley, you gave it a good go on the BL! I mean you were a finalist against a freakin machine!!! If you had to lose, it couldn't have been to anyone better!! (Love ya Tanis!!!!) How the hell did I just put everyting into italics???????????? WTF?????????????? Oh damn.....

And no, I have no info on Sun and I'm kinda worried/kinda pissed at her, ya know??

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Kens, no reason to be ashamed! Just jump on FMS's bandwagon! Setting up the space in the garage will definitely help too! And what kind of shoes did you end up getting??? ;)

As for Sun... I'm worried too... She posted on her wedding morning and then that was it. I hope everything went smoothly =/

FH and I had a date at the gym last night and it was awesome! He's much more into lifting weights and I'm much more into cardio and both of us know that we need both... so, he did a run with me and I pounded the weights with him. It was fun! After 3 consecutive days at the gym, I feel addicted again like I can't wait to go back... I should've done this a month ago. =)

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Hi Girls! I'm back! Although I was all happy signing on and now after reading up on the MONTHS I have missed I am feeling a bit guilty....

Well, I guess I owe everyone a bit of an apology for disappearing for so long. I see that some of you were posting with concern about my whereabouts, and if I had been on the thread at all during this time and seen them, I absolutely would have responded so that no one would worry or feel blown off- I just literally have not been on here since the wedding. Without getting into it too much, I will say that I went through a lot of emotional stuff in the weeks before and months after the wedding that I needed a lot of solitude to process, and am still processing. It's not an excuse, but I just needed to give myself a break from it all. Kens and Ash, I am especially sorry to you two who were obviously concerned :( I should have just come on and posted once to give everyone a heads up, and I see that now- but you know how things can be, my mind was just in a very different place. Anyway, here I am!

SO, the wedding was amazing!!! Everything came together exactly as I had planned; we had perfect weather, all of the visual effects I had spent so much time and effort on looked beautiful and completely created the look I wanted, the band was fantastic, the food was out of this world, DH and I brought everyone to tears with our written vows, and my dress was slammin!! DH and I stayed out all night and watched the sun rise on an ocean beach with our friends and a case of Corona (this was AFTER a two hour break in our honeymoon suite for obvious reasons!!! I was not about to miss out on wedding night sex BUT we also wanted to stay out all night with our friends, so we did both!) . Anyway, more details about the wedding and honeymoon to come, but I don't want to blast you all with info and a suuuuper long post the first day I am back.

Onto the weight loss stuff- well, right before the wedding I was definitely at my lowest. I was psyched to have not only reached and maintained my initial goal, but to have gone down a bit further right in time for the wedding. Since then, I have gone up a liiiitle bit, but not sure how much because I stopped weighing in when I could feel it happening :) Shame on me! As of October 30th, which was over a month after the wedding and also my last weigh in, I was the same weight as pre wedding which I was very excited about. Especially because October contained 3 big partying weekends for us (Columbus Day, my birthday, and Halloween) and I had expected it to be challenging to maintain. Thennn November came and I guess I began to slack and also some of the indulging may have caught up with me- it's nothing serious, but I can tell by my skinny pants that I have probably gone up by a few pounds. I have decided to weigh in this coming Friday (FMS I am totally down with doing Friday weigh ins again!) just so I can come to grips with it and send it back in the other direction. It can't be more than a few pounds with is nothing compared to the 31 pounds that I lost, so it's time to suck it up and get going. For me it is (and always has been) much, much more about my eating than my working out. I live in NYC as you all know and get a TON of walking, stair climbing, carrying of heavy grocery bags for distances, etc all in my daily life, so for me it's more about how I am eating. I have, however, slacked on the exercise lately too and am getting back into it. I went to the gym last week and did a pretty tough workout. What I am really more trying to motivate for now in terms of exercise is classes like yoga and Pilates because I want to tighten up.

The food stuff, however, is all just about me being serious about it- I have all of the knowledge and healthy habits, I know when I am going off into dangerous territory and lately I have been doing it anyway. I know completely what is going on and what the reasons are, so I just need to stop it. We were at a party last night and I ate too many of their delicious appetizers (a trap I almost NEVER fall in) and I just felt GROSS when we got home. So, today, I am making a fresh start. We are going to visit DH's family in Ireland for 9 days at Christmas and I will be seeing all of his people that we haven't seen since the wedding, so that is added motivation to shave off any reclaimed pounds and hopefully even a few extra by then. My current ultimate goal is 7 pounds below where I was before the wedding, which is the weight I maintained until the end of October and my last known weigh in. If I could reach that before our trip at Christmas I'd be THRILLED, but I'm not expecting miracles. I'd be happy to be right back where I was at my pre/post wedding lowest and holding there.

So ladies, again, sorry for not coming on to give you the "everything's ok" during my absence...I have missed you all and am happy to hear what's been going on with everyone; now that I have caught everyone up, I can respond to specific people more going forward. I want you to know though that I read EVERY post you all have made since I've been gone today, and I am so proud of all of you for all that you have accomplished and the challenges you have faced down!

I will post pics of our beautiful incredible wedding soon!!!

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

OMG Sun, I'm so glad you're ok! I was seriously worried!!! =) Welcome back, can't wait to see photos!

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 2:48 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! OMG it's soooooo good to see you on here again and know that you're okay!! We were so worried about you! I thought maybe your DH had become an axe murderer on your honeymoon or something......just kidding! I'm sorry you went thru such a hard time tho, that time was meant only for smiles and joy! Not stress!

Post pics!! Some of mine are on Facebook if you're on there.....look me up if you are! Ash, FMS, and Tanis are all on there too! LaNita Howard McLeod....friend me!!

Missed you!!!

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

So glad to have you back Sun! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding and see the beautiful pictures.

Sorry to make it this so short, but I feel like crap and am going to bed... It's only 2:25!!
wedding website

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Hey everyone!. I have been very, very sick. I had a sinus infection that knocked me on my booty. I've been out of the gym for 10 days which is a record for me and I can't wait to get back in.

Sun!! We were worried about you. Quick someone get her on facebook so we don't lose her again.

Hmm what else? I've been in a fog and don't have much memory. FMS I hope you are feeling better. I saw on your status update that you weren't feeling well.

Ash how is that wall coming along? I think you are the only single gal left in this thread, well other than those who post once and never return.

Kens how are you doing staying out of the pizza? How about workouts?

Okay I am off to do more work. Trying to catch up.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 2:12 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Tanis, I'm staying out of the pizza and over all am eating healthier. As for the workouts, the DAY I was planning on starting jogging, I stepped off the curb into a hole and twisted the living poop out of my ankle....but I went for a walk that night anyway. Since then I haven't tried, but that was only Fri. My ankle feels much better now and as a matter of fact I'm planning on wogging (walk/jogging) tomorrow and see how it goes. As it seems everyone on here is right now, I too am sick. Started coming on yesterday....BUT I saw where FMS was sick and still went to the gym so I figured if she could, I could!! I'll let you know how I do tomorrow!! I am soooo sorry to hear that you've been so sick but am glad you're feeling better. I figure I'd rather be sick now than during Christmas!

Gonna go get some rest now.....love to all!!!

FMS, hope you feel better love!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine