December Weddings

Online Users: 1,353 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Miss21 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/20/09
December Weddings
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 9:56 PM

My fiance and I want to get married in December 2011. Being that Christmas is our favorite holiday, we are thinking of a Christmas Eve wedding. Any thoughts on this? Good idea or no?

AndreaInLove Posts : 5 Registered: 12/5/09
Re: December Weddings
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: Miss21

I don't know if it's a good idea because many people have Christmas Eve traditions with their families, and may not want to go to a wedding then. I think it would be really beautiful, especially in snowy Pennsylvania, but I can imagine your guests wouldn't be so excited.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: Miss21

This one of those Pros and Cons decisions that you will have to make.

If you really want a Xmas Eve Wedding, go for it. Just understand you will probably have less people show up. Family traditions, cost/hassle of travel, kids, etc will all play into whether or not your guests will go for a Xmas Eve Wedding.

If your heart is set on it, then you have to be willing to except that a lot of guests will not be able to make it and move on with no hard feelings.

If you decide it's more important to have your guests there, then I would probably chose another date.

Good luck!

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: Miss21

I have to comment because my birthday is Christmas Eve. Let me tell you, guests will have conflicts. I could NEVER have birthday parties even close to my birthday when I was growing up, because so many people were out of town or doing their own thing. I know birthdays aren't as important as weddings, but you will still have a lot of guests that will put their family traditions before your wedding and not come.

Another thing to think about is OOT guests. Flights are so much more
expensive right around Christmas! Honestly, if I had to spend that much
money on a flight during Christmas when money's already tight because of gifts, I'd most likely decline the invitation. Not to mention, anyone traveling will also miss Christmas day as well because they will travelling home from the wedding. I'd assume no one with children would want to miss waking up Christmas morning at their own house for Santa (I'm just guessing, since I don't have kids).

Why not have it in early December? It will still be Christmasy, but your guests will be much more likely to come. Plus that way, you can go on your honeymoon directly after the wedding without missing out on Christmas yourself.

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: Miss21

I think it just depends on who and how many people you are inviting, and how they feel about it. If everyone your inviting is cool with it, then definitly go for it! But if I personally was invited to a wedding on Christmas Eve I more than likely wouldn't go. That is one of the very few times a year that the whole family is together, and I love everything about Christmas, where if I had to go to a wedding I would feel like I didn't get a Christmas (or Christmas Eve) that year.

SoontobeMrsGlover Posts : 79 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

One thing to also consider is your anniversary. Its fine now but as time goes on you're probably not going to be able to focus on celebrating your anniversary becuase you'll be too busy doing traditional Christmas stuff with your families.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 2:18 AM Go to message in response to: Miss21

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: Miss21

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: Miss21

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine