NY Bachelorette Party!

Online Users: 1,362 guest(s), 4 user(s). Replies: 8

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
NY Bachelorette Party!
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 5:18 PM

Hello Ladies!

I haven't been on this site in a really long time, I hope all of you are doing well. You were all such a great help and supportive during my planning, and now I need your help once again.

My BFF (MOH) is getting married 09-05-10 and I am her MOH. We have decided to have her Bachelorette Party in NY there are 10 girls flying out there (I'm the only one NOT in Florida) and we have 3 rooms booked for 4 days at the Millennium Broadway Hotel at Time Square.

I need palces to go like resturants and clubs. HELP =) thanks

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: NY Bachelorette Party!
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 9:42 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Hi Nanette, good to see you again!
I live minutes outside the city and would be happy to give you some ideas, but can you tell me a bit more about your taste in activities? Not sure exactly what you are looking to do here. What kinds of clubs, bars, places, etc are you looking for? Four days in nyc sounds like quite the bachelorette party! Will you be hanging out nightly doing different things, or are you looking for one main event?

I can tell you that THE best nyc bachelorette party I ever went to was this:

http://www.awesome80sprom.com/

Trust me. Its a BLAST. Hard to explain, but they cater to bachelorette parties. Its held in one of the cities most famous clubs, Webster Hall, and its basically a dance club thats set up like an 80s prom. Sort of an interactive party/.show/dance experience. Its really really fun. I can give you some other ideas too if you let me know what you are all into doing.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Hey darling!

I don't have huge recommendations as I have only been to NY once and only overnight. We went to Bond 45 which had this incredible antipasto bar. I ordered from there and had an almost veg meal (rare for me) and it was great. It was packed and busy and tables really close, but it was great.

I don't know if you are into the broadway scene but we saw "wicked" and it was absolutely amazing. I don't know the details of Broadway tickets but we saw this huge lineup of people in Times Square where you could get phenomenal tickets, but you had to stand in the long line.

Nice to see you again. I'll never forget when you sent me a message about vow renewals. It lit up my da. I hope there is something helpful in here for you.

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Like Kelley, I could give you better suggestions if you share a little about your tastes and what you're looking to do. Not knowing though, Carnival at Bowlmor Lanes in Greenwich Village is fun (it's a night club/bowling alley/bar that's 21+ after 7pm, it doesn't sound as fun as it is on description as it really is). My friends and I always enjoy a night at a Broadway show, and then desserts at Katz Deli afterwards. Lunch at Tavern on the Green is classy and fun. We also love the restaurant Paprika in the East Village (110 St. Marks Place). If you're looking for something casual (think burgers and fries) I love Shake Shack in Madison Square and Corner Bistro (but bring cash, they don't take cards) in the West Village. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is fun and admission is just a free will donation. If it's nice outside you can take a walk through the Ramble outside the Met in Central Park up to the Belvedere Castle (which is the highest natural point in the park). Window shopping on Fifth Ave. is a good time. If you're going soon, the Holiday Market in Union Square is fun.
Those are the things I came up with off the top of my head, but if you give more details about what you're looking to do, then I can come up with better/more specific stuff!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

I agree with Kelley!! The 80's prom is so much fun. If you are looking for a good place to eat, Carmine's in Times Square. Its amazing Italian food served family style and is a great value.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

WOW ! thanks for those great ideas! I emailed thing link for the 80's to her and we'll see what she says. We plan on lots of dancing, shopping,and great food. I told her she has one of a few options that I was flipping the tab for. The Hotel is already covered.

1) Sunday Bachelorette Brunch at a nice restaurant.

2) 2 rounds of drinks and cover charge for a club on one night for all 10 girls.

3) Appetizers and Drinks for all us girls at dinner.

4) Pay for all of us girls to take a NY city tour

OR

5) pay 1/2 the cost show tickets for all us girls.

Well, she jumped on #1 Sunday Brunch! =) so that is what I will be looking for, a nice place to do that at. I really would like to have it a well known place, were we can say , "I ATE THERE and it was GREAT food and beautiful". We love Sushi, (I don't like spicy foods), Italian, Columbian, Classic American, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican food is at the very BOTTOM of the list.

Club wise, I know she wants to go to S.O.B. for sure, we really didn't want to go across town from where we are staying.

At some point we want to see Liberty-and Empire State.

Shopping on 5th Ave. is a MUST! =) We've been saving all year for this "SPENDING trip" WOOO HOOO! and me being the "name brand junkie that I am" I can't wait!

So there ya have it, over excited maybe, but from one Big City of lights to another, Look out NEW YORK cause here WE come!

Oh and we love Sex in the City too- so would like to follow the tour for that.... well maybe =)

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

For brunch, if you want somewhere quintessentially "New York" I promise you can't go wrong at Tavern on the Green in Central Park. It's famous, classy, fabulous, plus the food is actually really good! I also completely love Sex and the City, and if you want to something the show helped make famous, Magnolia Bakery on Bleeker and 11th (I think, google that to get the right address) is really fun, and has just about the best cupcakes you can find anywhere (get the vanilla, not the chocolate, trust me!).

Pen9uin Posts : 1 Registered: 12/20/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

Tavern on the Green is no more, they filed bankruptcy and close this week. Pastis on 9th and 14th is always popular for brunch. There are many places in NY to have brunch, I would stay away from famous places, as they tend to be sub par and overly crowded with tourists and few, if any New Yorkers.

bettyj Posts : 1 Registered: 8/30/12
Posted: Aug 30, 2012 3:21 AM Go to message in response to: Pen9uin

If you want to go the clubbing route, generally Meat Packing District has the highest concentration of "happening" clubs (Tenjune, RDV, Gunbar, Cielo, etc) on any given day of the week. As a word of caution - while alot of fun, those clubs can also be more of a hassle to get into with long lines and cover charges, not to mention the expensive drinks once you get in. I'd advise you to go with a club promoter who can help provide a smoother experience by getting you past lines for free and provide deals on drinks (often free!). I used this group nycwhiterabbit.com for one of their RDV events and found it to be great, although there are lots of other groups out there who can also help your experience. Good luck and have fun! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine