Hopefull for a Christmas Proposal?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 53

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Re: Hopefull for a Christmas Proposal?
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsBer...

TheFutureMrsBerlusconi: That is such a fun story! I don't know if my SO would do it at our family shindig in front of everyone, but we do have everyone over at my parents house for christmas. I'm going to see if he wants to stay over at my parents again this Christmas Eve as his Mom works through the holidays and his sister lives in Australia and his dad will stay at our house and watch the dogs. We will do boxing day with his mom and dad. The more and more I think about things, the more i start questioning myself thinking it's going to happen over the holidays. We are also going to Vegas for a friend of the family's wedding in May and his sisters wedding is in August so now I'm thinking he will wait untill after all that next year to keep from stealing his sisters limelight.

1stKiss4Him Posts : 32 Registered: 8/26/09
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I now realized what you said. I've been writing to my FH, before I even met this guy, that's just what I did because I wanted to have something to give him when I did finally meet him. But in actuallity what you said is true, I have been writing to this man for 6 years. It's not that my family doesn't know about him, they do remember him, it's just not in the way I want them to. It's a long complicated story. I lost contact with him 6 years ago and recently found him. At first I was shocked to found out it was him.. I was like really..ummm...lol. We exchanged pictures back in 2003, but I deleted the pic after we lost contact in 2004 and had no clue what he looked like now. But I researched and found out it was truly him. I was surprised that he 'remembered' me...through what he does for a living. It's what he does for a living that it's hard to contact me and I understand that.. so I have to wait until he can...but this waiting is driving me nuts...lol.

Future Mrs. K

Part of a poem I wrote called Eternity

When separation deprivation sinks in
When the route to happiness is an eternity away
I dream of you and eternity is within my reach
Not knowing where you be next
Praying that God knows best
Whispering "I love you" to the sky
Hoping you’ll hear these words and know why
I'm part a part of you, always and for all time
Search your heart like I do when I'm away from you
My breath coincides with the rhythm of yours
So breathe and let my image fade within your heart
And for eternity where ever we go
We'll never be alone

Edited by: SongwriterPrincess on Nov 27, 2009 5:49 PM

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Beeble: I have no doubt that he's the one though. 6 years ago when I met him I wanted to marry him, now having 'found' him again I want to marry him even the more... It's just timing..... but I no doubt know that he is feeling the same way about me....again timing....waiting sucks...lol

Future Mrs. K

We'll never be alone

Re: Hopefully it's before Christmas...
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I really pray it's before christmas...because this wait is so crazy....lol. I just want to be in his arms and finally be Mrs. K something I waited 6 years to become...

Future Mrs K.

We'll never be alone

Srramlal Posts : 15 Registered: 1/17/09
Posted: Nov 29, 2009 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

We've been talking about it. But I'm having the dickens deciding on a ring I like and he may change his mind so that it will be more of a surprise. The nice thing is Valentine's is close behind.

:)

FoundTrueLove Posts : 54 Registered: 8/18/09
Posted: Nov 29, 2009 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsBer...

Oh wow, TheFutureMrsBerlusconi. what a lovely proposal!! that's so sweet.

I know that he's planning on doing it very soon and i'm just so excited. it makes me smile just thinking about it. i just think Christmas is such a wonderful time for an engagement. i'll be sure to post when it happens and i want to hear about everyone elses as well.

FutureMrsHaynes Posts : 21 Registered: 6/18/08
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 1:28 AM Go to message in response to: FoundTrueLove

I really hope you all get your Christmas proposals. I've been with my boyfriend for over four years now and I know the ring is in his closet...the wait is killing me too!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Jhanique Posts : 7 Registered: 11/29/09
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I hope you all get holiday engagements. I was with my fiance` for 5 years and he just proposed on 11/14. It was bright and early to. I didn't think it was out of the norm to go to the park. He made me breakfast then took me to the park to walk the dogs. He used the sky writer in the sky as a distraction and when I turned around to him, he was on one knee, in front of the lake asking me to marry him. The park was our spot and both of our dogs were present.

He was planning for months so be patient, they do take some time to plan the perfect proposals. Plus it's the perfect time of year for proposals. Can't wait to hear the stories!

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 11:12 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

First off, early Congrats.! It sounds like he is looking to propose soon, a GUY wouldnt just make conversation about rings and sizes they all know that thats shakey territory. Unless he just doesn't understand women...which could be possible.. BUT here is what happened for me., My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 2 years,. He kinda hinted I may get one at Christmas and he has been looking online and in the stores alot more than usual. We seen one we both REALLY liked with a great price and it was in the mall where I work. Weeeellll he just happened to come by and see me one day before he went into work and I was about to get off he asked if I'd take him to the store to show him the ring again, I said yeah sure, I thought I was wearing it out THAT day! no... he told the lady he would think about it and he would be back. We went and got some food and he said he parked somewhere else and i was staying in the mall the buy a few gifts so he told me to go ahead he could walk to his truck alone. So about 30 minutes later I wanted to see the ring again and I went back by to look at it and it was gone! I looked at the girl behind the counter and she smiled and said I am not saying a word. Therefore I know he must've gotten it. I am unsure if it will be Christmas or before, he is sort of private and wont do it in front of anyone so I know that it'll be when we are alone which will NOOOTTT be Christmas. We have 4 places to go lol.

BUT Good Luck and know youre not alone!!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷFuture Mrs. David Robert McMahan!Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

4 years ago, the Sunday before Christmas, my now husband proposed to me under the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in NYC, in front of all the thousands of tourists in the freezing cold. I had to take off my mittens to put on the ring, and I couldnt hear what he was saying because so many strangers were taking pics of us and screaming and clapping. It was amazing, and now each year, we go back there to OUR spot right in the middle of nyc, and remember that night. (we live 15minutes outside nyc, in Jersey.) 3years ago, we had a Christmas themed wedding, and it was incredible. Ive always been a Christmas nut, so all of this was really perfect for me. I wish you ladies the best Christmas proposals ever!!!!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

MermaidBlue Posts : 1 Registered: 12/12/09
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I too am hoping that I will be proposed to for Christmas. Just by some of the things he has said and suggested. Two months ago we talked on where our relationship stood and we agreed on being "pre-engaged". I announced on facebook that we were "pre-engaged" just for shock factor because it got back to my mother within the evening. LMAO. I have told him of my school chum getting married, and of my cousins getting engaged. Kind of putting out the feelers.

We recently went to a drive-in and watched Paranormal Activity and the character Katie says about her relationship "We are engaged to be engaged." Bf goes "Oh so there really is such a thing as pre-engaged."

Anyways he tried on what I call my "wedding band" which I wear for theatre productions if I'm a married character. I showed him my ring and he took it from me and slipped it on his little finger which actually fitted him. He had it on a bit to long then just to see what it is like. (if you know what I mean).

So I asked him if he wants to join me for Christmas with my family. He said yes, which is going to be exciting, first christmas together since dating four and a half years ago.
Being curious as to what he wants all he said was underpants. So I asked him what he was going to get me. (rude I know) He just answered "Something that you will have for a lifetime."

A few weeks ago, he actually sat down with me and told me he was thinking of the future and told me he wants me to have his baby.

Last week we went shopping for a few Christmas presents in the city, I was wondering if he was going to get my present but alas just a present for his mother and a present for my parents. He told me he was done with all his shopping. Although he made a comment on a ring stand at our local Walmart. Saying I should buy it so then I don't loose my rings. I already have one lol.

So one can only hope, but I will not be let down if it isn't an engagement ring. Any gift from him I cherish.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: MermaidBlue

Oh it's getting close now and every little thing said is analyzed to see if maybe it's hinting at a ring for Christmas! I had no idea there was a Pre-engagement lol. I think I would just call that "in a serious relationship" lol. I have told a few people that I'm hoping it's this Christmas. I go to Jazzercise with my SO's mom ever week and the girls that run it asked if we are related and "not yet" slipped out of my mouth. lol So now they are rooting for me, including my SO's Mom.

This will be our 3rd Christmas together and we are doing Christmas eve with my extended fam, morning with my fam, and boxing day with his. Same as last year. I hope that if he does it, he manages to do it in private before all the family commotion. I hate being the centre of attention and get flushed really easily and I think i might just cry tears of joy. I don't ever know how I will survive the wedding. lol

Let's start the countdown girls! 11 days till christmas.....

HopetobeMrsF Posts : 13 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I am so glad I found this forum! I, too, am hoping for a holiday proposal!

I've been with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years now. He's a slow mover, but once he makes a decision, he's VERY serious about it. It took him over a year just to say ILY, but when he did he had tears (of joy) in his eyes, and he was so loving and romantic.

About a month ago, he started asking me about my right hand ring-finger ring. He wanted to know why I liked it, what it was made of, and what size I thought it might be. He then put it on his own pinky to see how it fit. Since then, he's done the "pinky sizing" thing twice more.

THEN, last week he started asking me about my friend's engagement ring, what it looked like, style, etc. He asked if I liked it. THEN, he asked what diamond cuts and mounting styles I like best. He told me that based on what he's seen/read (I was trying VERY hard not to do the happy dance on the dinner table at this point) he thinks a round cut would work best for me.

Anyway, I keep hoping he's going to propose this holiday season, but I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I love him with all my heart, and know that he WILL propose one day, but the waiting is so very hard. I just hope that after all those questions last week, he won't wait TOO long to actually do something!

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

Future Mrs F: Sounds like he is definately in the planning! With how educated on rings he sounds I"m sure you are going to get a real treat! Hopefully he knows how long it can take to order a ring in and have it sized if there is not one available.

I don't think my FF has any idea how long this might take. He is going to do his "christmas"shopping this week. lol

10 days and counting!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Thank goodness for this forum or else I would be even crazier than this wait has already made me. I wear my ring to bed almost everynight as my BF keeps it in the nightstand drawer. I'm so excited that he took the step and purchased the e-ring =)
My Christmas present is a weekend getaway to the OBX at the end of January. I'm assuming that's where he will propose because that is one of his favorite places. He spent years surfing the shores & we take day trips at least once a month. The overnight trip is something different, but it's almost too planned out for a proposal of his. He is the spontaneous type. We're spending the holidays with my family so maybe he'll ask my father for his blessing face-to-face then. I keep running different ideas through my head.
Anywho, I'll be sure to keep you ladies up-to-date! Goodluck & Happy Holidays!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine