Brazil and Peru

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

ElizabethSturgess Posts : 5 Registered: 11/15/09
Brazil and Peru
Posted: Nov 22, 2009 8:13 PM

My fiance and I will marry in Vegas in February 2011, afterwards we are planning on a honeymoon in Peru and Brazil. We will visit Machu Pichu, and then head to Rio for Carnival. Has anyone been to either of these places? Do you have any reccomendations? Thanks!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: Brazil and Peru
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: ElizabethSturgess

I've been to Rio. It's amazing. I wasn't there during Carnivale though. It;s nice to walk around and look at everything. Of course there is the Cristo and Sugar Loaf mountain. Both are accessible by cab and you take a train to the top of the Cristo. It's not expensive...maybe $15 or so. And you take a series of cable cars to the top of Sugar Loaf. It's sooooo cool. And I HATE heights!!

In Rio there are TONS of restaurants. I would suggest asking the front desk of your hotel for reccomendations. What area of Rio are you staying in? We stayed in Ipanema.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

kateo Posts : 18 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: ElizabethSturgess

What an aweome choice! You will have an amazing time, we went to Bahia in Brazil which was beauiful... miles of empty beaches.. but you could also go to Buzios, very lively during the Carnival I imagine... We booked through Hilary at WAC Travel who knows South America really well and can point you towards the hot spots.. :)

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: kateo

Kateo-where in Bahia did you go?? I've been to Salvador twice. Really, really cool town.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Andressa Posts : 2 Registered: 2/12/10
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

We went on holiday last year in Bahia, in a little town called Arraial d'Ajuda, next to the very touristic Porto Seguro. It was wonderfull, the city was not overrun with tourist! Beautifull beaches and tropical rainforest.
We stayed in a little hotel by the sea, very romantic! Can't remember the name of the hotel right now...
At night the city transforms into a romantic plave with lots of little restaurants and little shops, and the best thing we found that the locals are really friendly, not as in other places where they almost drag you in their shops or restaurants....

Here a website about the city in English with beautifull photos: http://www.arraialdajudaportal.com.br/htm/en/photosthebeaches.htm

1 year to go Kiss

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine