Eczema :p

Online Users: 1,325 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 8

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Eczema :p
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 7:01 PM

I've had eczema since I was an infant and it is so annoying. I've tried different lotions, soaps, prescribed medications, etc. and nothing works long term. Does anyone have this problem (eczema) and if so how do you take care of it? It's so itchy and I'm afraid it's a huge turn off to DH. If anyone has found a solution, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!!

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Eczema :p
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

I assume youve spoken to a dermatologist and have been given prescribed medications etc?
As far as I know, exzema is not curable, but it is treatable. So your doctor should be able to help you find ways to lessen the itching and trigger points, longterm.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Dear Aug,

You need to see a good dermatologist who specializes in this kind of thing.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

I agree with aunt that you need to see a professional. Maybe even see an allergist as well as a dermatoloist. My nephew is 5 years old and he has eczema.My sister (his mom) brought him to an allergist and he recommended he takes Oatmeal baths and his bed sheets has to be washed constantly because of the dust mites. So maybe check out an allergist and he may be able to help you out.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

I have been to a dermatologist and received prescriptions, but they never work. I don't really have the money to keep going back and paying for more medications. I know it's not curable, but I was looking for anything OTC (i.e. lotion, body wash, etc) that may have helped you or someone you know handle the breakouts. Just to take the itch and the pain away. Because the more it itches the more I scratch it and the worse it becomes. If anyone knows of anything, I'll take it!! Thanks

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

I have eczema and have had it all my life. I am with you on the not being able to afford the trips to the derm, or the meds they perscribe. I did fine one lotion from my derm that amazingly cleared it up, but was about $100 for a tiny bottle, that didn't last long :(

So my suggestions to you are:

Wash EVERYTHING before you use it, towels, clothes, sheets, everything. I use All Free and Clear. I make sure to use 2 cycles to get everything out. I can not use any fabric softner or dryer sheets, so no suggestions there. Also wash everything often.

For body wash I use the Target version of Dove Sensitive, that seems to be mild, and has a decent amount of moisterizer in it.

I also enjoy taking a nice oatmeal bath every so offten. Aveeno is the best. There is also stuff called Actibath I belive, its little tablets you can put in the bathtub, and they are soothing and moisterising.

For lotion I just changed my regimin because, well I am lazy. I used to first put on Hydrocortozone cream on my really bad spots, then the nice thick Eucerine Cream, (Wal-mart has a good cheap version of it), Then Aveeno Lotion. I haven't been shopping at Wal-mart forever so I haven't gotten my Cream, but Target has a good version on the regular Eucerin Lotion, for half the price. So now I just do the Hydrocortozone cream, and Target brand Eucerin lotion.

For times that I have absolutly horribly intchy spots I use the Benedryll anti-itch cream. It burns really bad at first, but it does eventually stop the itch.

Also if your like me, and get really bad, kind of infected spots, I use Bactine Ointment to help it heal, but I only use that on the REALLY bad spots.

So those are my suggestions, from someone who has lived with horrible eczema, and allergies her entire life.

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

Do you know what type of eczema you have? There are a few different kinds.

My youngest daughter has eczema really bad and see a dr regularly for it.
When not on meds (the only work for a short period) we use a ton of vanicream, dove senstive, and a lot of oatmeal baths
We also wash everything in a dye free laundry soap, as well not use anything with her that has dye in it.
Do you have any food allergies. Allegeries can trigger your eczema. We took dairy out of her diet and switched to soy?

You will always have it and it will never go away the best way is to prevent things from triggering it

MaunaLaniBride Posts : 631 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Have you seen an allergist? A friend of mine finally took her baby to one because he had TERRIBLE eczema and it turns out that he has a wheat, dairy and egg allergy. Here's his story, I hope it helps:

http://luccasstory.blogspot.com/

Good luck!

Knot planning bio:  http://tinyurl.com/y9p6ky2

Knot married bio: http://tinyurl.com/ydyp4kx

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine