Invitations

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

sptx28 Posts : 16 Registered: 1/5/09
Invitations
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 12:20 AM

Does the foil seal go on the inner or outer envelope? And, if it goes on the outer envelope, is the inner envelope flap tucked, sealed, or left open?
Thanks!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Invitations
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: sptx28

I don't have a clue, as we didn't have foil seals on our invitations.

Here's my thoughts on it, though: I would put any decorative touches on the inner envelope, as something like a foil seal might get stuck or caught up in mail processing machines. Keep the outer envelope free of anything that might cause your invitations to not reach their destination. The reason for having two envelopes is that the outer one will get marked up in the mail, but the inner envelope will still look pristine. So if you have to use foil seals, I'd put them on the inner envelope and seal the outer envelope as normal.

That said, I did not seal our inner envelopes. I'm not sure if that's proper etiquette, but that's what I did and I doubt anyone noticed or cared!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I used wax seals on that outer envelope and didn't seal the inner envelope at all, I think.... Great, now I can't remember. LOL

OK I think I lied. I had to buy separate envelopes for the outer envelopes because I wanted to do a wax seal on the inner envelope.

But I'm not sure what the etiquette is. I don't think that it really matters in my opinion.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

my outer envelope had the wax seals on them.

Misty

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat - Do you know I'm still not sure which envelope I sealed with a wax seal? LOL In my defense it WAS over a year ago.

Damn that's sad though.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Cat- I was going to a wax seal on the outside but I had recently changed my mind to do it on the inner envelope. I'm afraid that in the mail it'll get opened or scuffed up or something... Did that happen with you?

To the OP, if you seal the outer envelop I would either just leave the inner envelope open, or if you're worried tuck it in. Either way, I don't think that there is strict etiquette on this one.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: sptx28

we are doing a wax seal on the inner envelope. if it's on the outer envelope, you risk it coming off before it gets to the invitee. the owner of the stationary store where we got our invites told us that it should be on the inside.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

Jean Posts : 101 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 10:29 AM Go to message in response to: sptx28

The pretty, decorative seals go on the outer envelopes. The inner envelope does not need to be sealed (which is why there is no glue), nor does it get tucked in.

Wax seals are for the outer envelope too. You might want to test it out before you mail your invites by mailing something to yourself with a wax seal. That way you can get an idea on how it will arrive.

Jean

www.weddingsfromtheheart.net

ReneeMauzey Posts : 7 Registered: 10/1/09
Posted: Nov 26, 2009 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: Jean

A paper or foil seal will go through the mail fine. A wax seal most likely will not. If you are doing a wax seal I would put it on the inner envelope, but traditionally the inner envelope is not sealed. You could ask the post office to hand cancel them if you put a wax seal on the outer envelope which will eliminate them going through the machines but some post offices may charge you for it.

Renee
www.ArtzyFartzyInvites.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine