October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,309 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

jelly- great ideas! I am so weird about things matching, that I'm having a hard time letting the guys have their own say in what they wear. But I will look into those other options you've mentioned. We do have a Burlington Coat Factory so Eric and I will go check that out. I will try and see what I can find for informal tuxes on the DB site.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda, now DB is through Men's Wearhouse. I just emailed you a couple of things that I think look a little less formal. =) And I'm not a creep, I just stole your email from facebook!

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Thanks Caitlin! I appreciate your help. I get kinda overwhelmed sometimes and give up easily. Thanks for sending that link. It definitely helps! I think we will go without the jackets for sure, it definitely looks less formal that way.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 7:19 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

agd- why cant you have dark brown tuxes for an am wedding?? People have black for an am wedding ALL THE TIME!! I say if you want brown tuxes, then go for it! who cares about the time of day! :)

Also....not sure if you looked into renting brown tuxes, but in my area the brown ones are so few and far between that they are MUCH more expensive than the black ones! At my shop they are $200!!!!! (Now, mind you, we got them at 50% off....so it will be a $100 rental, including shoes, so its not bad.)

So...buying a suit might actually be a cheaper option!

And....you certainly CAN ask your men to buy a suit! why not? Your asking your girls to spend $150(+/-) to BUY a BM dress!! Why cant the guys buy their attire for $150? :) They get to spend roughly the same amount of money on a suit as they would to rent a tux, but they get to walk away with a really nice suit. And, if the price of the suit is on the high side, maybe you can buy them their shirt and tie as part of their "gift".

Look into Khols and JCPenney. They both have really nice suits and they are usually alwyas on sale...lots of times at Khols for 50% off! Plus you can sometimes get Kohls cash (to use for the shirts) and power hour deals, coupons, an extra 10% off if you have their charge card, etc.

Oh...another idea....what about a khaki colored tux/suit? If your looking to go lighter with the color, try that. they look really nice, and you could pair it up with a brown vest or tie and it would look really nice!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

I haven't been on the net for a week now I things have gotten backed up! lol The cake pulls, I thought, went between two layers of the cake, between the cardboard or plastic dividers. I have heard of people putting them in the cake after it was baked, but that is not what I am going to do. My MOH thinks that it is a great idea and says she can't wait. We are not having a seating arrangement. I don't think that I have ever been to a wedding that had one. Most everyone we know will know a large group of people at the wedding so I want them to sit where they are comfortable. His family, my family, our friends will be most comfortable sitting with the group that they know best. Besides we are from a small mid- Missouri town, if we had a seating arrangement people would probably look at us like we grew another head or something.
Invitations (I don't remember who was talking about it). I bought plain ivory invitations that have the vellum that ties to the front. There is absolutly nothing fancy about the invites. However, I bought a set of fall themed stamps and fall colored ink and have stamped the vellum for every invitation. I DIY'd them myself, made them look how I wanted them to look, and they look like we spent way more money on them then what we did. Also, They came with ivory colored ribbon to tie them with and I bought ribbon that matches our colors and will tie them together with those instead. It made the invites have alot more color and I really like them. If I get real entergetic before hand I might stamp a leaf on the outside envelope.

PinkBride2B Posts : 19 Registered: 11/24/09
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: HollyD

Hi I just joined brides.com. The only thing that I've decided on for my wedding is the month and that I want to use pink. I see I have a lot of catching up to do!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBride2B

Welcome PinkBride! :)

I may book my limo pretty soon. My dad knows a guy that drives limos so we'll see.

I also may book my honeymoon pretty soon too.

If I book all of those then that means I only need the flowers left to book! How exciting lol. Oh and of course all the little things I still need to do like get my shoes, veil, figure out the menu, and order the invites.
I can't believe it will be a whole year already on Christmas Day that I got engaged! It feels just like yesterday that I got my ring :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah, I was just thinking the other day how it's already been a full year since we got engaged (Nov 21st) and how looonnngggg we still have to go! I love that I still get as many compliments on ring now as I did when I first got it. Ahhh I love it so much!!
All I left to book is, hmm, nothing! We're in talks with the honeymoon rental place now.

.:Katie:.

Unique seashell bouquets at tidalbridal.etsy.com

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Ahh, the honeymoon. I don't know what do about that. We can't really afford the honeymoon I want, which is a week in a cabin in the mountains. I mean, we probably can afford it, but it'd be pushing it. So I don't know what we're going to do now.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

Funny you mention about compliments about the ring. Just yesterday I got a comliment at school about my ring. A girl looked at my hand and she said, "you married?" I said, no, engaged and that I will get married in Oct. She said to me, "beautiful ring, congratulations!"

Amanda, maybe you can afford your dream honeymoon with the money you get as gifts for your wedding ;)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Ooh, that might not be such a bad idea, Cheetah. We might do that. I'm also contemplating a trip to the Florida panhandle, because I've lived there and it's GORGEOUS and the condo deals there are amazing. Maybe we'll do a mini-honeymoon and then do my dream honeymoon the following summer.

I am in such a funk. I have so much to be happy about, so much to be thankful for. But all I do is go from being sad to being a raging witch. Ugh.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

PinkBride2B Posts : 19 Registered: 11/24/09
Posted: Nov 25, 2009 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Photo-0154[1]

This is my engagement ring and the matching wedding band. They came as a set. I got engaged on Monday! We are going to officially tell everyone tomorrow at Thanksgiving dinner. I feel like I'm gonna burst with excitment!

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Nov 25, 2009 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBride2B

Sidestepping wedding talk for a second- Happy Thanksgiving girls! Hope everyone has a great day, and may there be lots of wedding talk around the family dinner (or a distraction from the talk if you want the break lol).

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: HollyD

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. Eric and I spent the entire day with his family. We had a nice day, just sitting around relaxing. We didn't eat dinner until 9pm! LOL It was interesting, to say the least.

I finished putting the Save the Dates together yesterday. All that's left to do with those is address them and mail them. I will have to take them to the post office and have them check to see how much extra postage they will need. That's what I'm dreading. Oh well.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda,

What kind of Save the Dates are you doing? I'm trying to figure out why they would need extra postage...unless you've got a bizarre shape or they weigh a lot? But what all can you possibly put in a save the date? lol

You can calculate it online, but you need to know how much it weighs (or at least about how much. I think there is a section that lists prices by ranges). http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home_header&page=calculatepostage

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine