Diet Emergency - Help!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

Dani66 Posts : 4 Registered: 11/28/06
Diet Emergency - Help!
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 12:43 PM

My wedding is on October 25, 2009 and my dress fitting is on September 26th, less than 3 weeks away. I have been struggling with my weight for a while now. Last year I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and gained 30 pounds because of it. I was initially able to lose about 13 pounds of the 30 I had gained, but I have been stuck in a plateau for a while now. I really wanted to get back to my normal weight before the wedding, but I know that it is unrealistic to think I can lose 17 pounds by then. However, I would really love to be able to get another 5-10 pounds off before my dress fitting. I know crash dieting is terrible, but I am getting desperate and the slow and steady thing is not working for me right now. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any tricks for quick weight loss that worked for you. I can't take any diet supplements or pills because they may interfere with thyroid medication. Any recommendations would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Re: Diet Emergency - Help!
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: Dani66

I was at a business women's networking meeting last night and a lady was telling me about Isagenix. I don't know anything about it, but the website is www.rejvn8u.com

If you need a weight loss coach, give me a shout! I have had much success in the past helping people lose weight. Good luck! Francie Elaine

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

kombu Posts : 5 Registered: 9/9/09
Kombu Seaweed Powder Body Wrap?
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: Dani66

Do you know if doing a body wrap would negatively effect your thryroid condition? If not, you may want to consider trying one - it takes inches off after just one time, so you could get immediate (but not permanent) results.

My friends and I did kombu seaweed powder body wraps when we were bridesmaids in another friend's wedding last year. You mix the powder with water and smear it all over, then wrap yourself up tight in foil - it takes away bloat, so you look thinner right away. You can get it online at http://www.spabodyworkmarket.com/Kombu_Sea_Tangle___Kombu_Seaweed_Powder_p782.html

It worked for me so I wanted to mention it to you, but be sure to check with your doctor first.

Good luck!
http://www.spabodyworkmarket.com

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

Fran, my friend is has been on the isagenex (?sp) and loves it, I think she has lost over 30lbs, and has been trying me to start using it. From what I have read, it more or less a detox program but for life. I could be wrong. My motto is I put the weight on, I can get the weight off!!!

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I totally agree and am a big advocate against diets. After all, the first three letters in diet is "die"!
I gained quite a bit of weight from being on the medication prednisone about five years ago and it seemed nothing would work to lose it. Finally, my doctor told me to reduce my calories to 1000 calories a day. I did it and it worked. But it took me a year to lose all the weight.

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

Dani66 Posts : 4 Registered: 11/28/06
Re: Kombu Seaweed Powder Body Wrap?
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: kombu

Sounds interesting, I am definitely going to give it a try. I can't imagine that applying something topically would affect my thyroid medication. Plus the hypothyroidism causes me to retain water so this sounds like body wrap might help with that. Thanks for the info!

kombu Posts : 5 Registered: 9/9/09
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: Dani66

You're very welcome, Dani66! The place I got it from gives you instructions on it how to use it too, which is helpful: http://www.spabodyworkmarket.com/Kombu_Sea_Tangle_p782.html

Wishing you a happy wedding day!
http://www.spabodyworkmarket.com

Aprill56 Posts : 6 Registered: 9/19/09
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: Dani66

I suggest our It Works body wrap. It is a herbal body wrap that you put on for 45 minutes and you lose inches. They do work. Ive lost a total of 6 inches in 2 wraps. They are packaged and ready to use and so easy to apply. They work miracles!! Definately worth it.

Send me a private message or go to: www.californiawraps.itworks.net

April~ It Works Distributor

Lose Inches in 45 Minutes! Immediate & Long lasting Results

Featured at the Emmy's & Grammy's

www.californiawraps.itworks.net

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: Dani66

I don't know if you can handle it (none of my friends can) but what works best for me is eating naked in front of a mirror. When I had to lose a couple inches the week before prom I did this and my dress ended up being too big. But don't eat teeny tiny meals if you are having thyroid issues eat recomended ammounts of food by your doctor but I promise you if you can do this you will never over eat.
CoolStick your head out the window and smile for a satellite picture!Tongue out

WeddinCrasher Posts : 4 Registered: 9/24/09
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 6:56 PM Go to message in response to: MissApril

Good Idea!!

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 5:45 AM Go to message in response to: Dani66

Hey did you lose weight, before your wedding.
pearl jewelry store

weddingcrasher Posts : 3 Registered: 1/19/10
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: lesasue86

My sister also wanted to lose weight before her wedding. She surfed the internet and looked for a good way to get her wedding shape. She tried various online diets and at the day of her wedding she has lost about 15 pounds in total. She was very happy, her husband was happy - so what more can you expect at a wedding? ;)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: weddingcrasher

The OP got married last October. Why bother?

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 4:33 AM Go to message in response to: Dani66

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine