Not NEXT Monday .... THIS Monday! *Starting my Weight-Loss Journey*

Online Users: 1,244 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

BearBearsBride Posts : 2 Registered: 11/4/09
Not NEXT Monday .... THIS Monday! *Starting my Weight-Loss Journey*
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 12:12 PM

I am beginning my weight-loss journey on Monday, November 9, 2009. I remember when we got enaged I thought to myself, "I want to look amazing for the wedding! I am going to start my diet on Monday." Well, I have said that a few times since our engagement on May 13, 2009.... I can't believe that was 5 months ago now! The way time flies, with 5 months gone in the blink of an eye, and 9 months until our big day, the Monday diet starts NOW!

I am considering Weight Watchers however I have lost weight on my own several times before and I would have to loose the time and money to go to meetings when I really know how to loose weight -- I just got to do it! You know what I mean?

I am a member of a gym but I have not been there in ages. The sad thing is I get free weigh-in appointment with a nurse once-a-month and a free personal training appointment once-a-month and I have NEVER used these free services! I finally bit the bullet and called my gym today. I made my weigh-in and training appointment for this Monday!!

The time is now..... Who is with me? I would love to use this website for diet strategies and support. I am looking for a core group of ladies with a summer 2010 wedding date so we can stay motivated. Anyone interested?

"Life isn't about the breathes we take .... It's about the moments that take our breath away."

Edited by: BearBearsBride on Nov 4, 2009 12:16 PM

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Re: Not NEXT Monday .... THIS Monday! *Starting my Weight-Loss Journey*
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: BearBearsBride

I totally know how you feel!!!! We got engaged in Feb, and have been saying I am going to try getting exactly where I want to be by early spring and then maintaining the months before the wedding - I do NOT want the added stress of wanting to drop 5lbs the month before the wedding! Ha!

But yeah, since the beginning of September, I have been setting simple goals to get going... we had our engagement pictures taken Oct 2nd and in the end of Aug I bought a new pair of jeans that I couldn't quite get into, but told myself I NEEDED to get into them by the time our pics came around, which I did! Since then, though, I haven't really dropped any weight or inches, but this week I have been trying to get back into it.

At work we have room with some old 80s equipment, some weights and a few other things, so I have been making an effort to try to do some toning exercises over my hour-lunch three days a week. FH and I have also been trying to get back in the habit of doing our workout DVDs - but it's sooo hard to get back to where you were before you took a break from it!

I would LOVE to be a part of this little group - it would be a great way to motivate one another! :) my goal is to lose around 20 lbs - I'm thinking 5 a month for the next 4 months. I also really want to tone up my upper body - my strapless dress is NOT my friend right now! Ha. It sounds so easy, but wow... I worked my butt off a month and a half before the engagement pictures and only lost 7!

Do you have any goals set? What kind of work outs are you thinking?

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: BearBearsBride

Congratulations on setting a date, well two dates actually! If your thread doesn't get going there are a couple active threads - Overweight but inspited that has been going a record three years and a What Got You Motivated thread which has been going over a year now. Of course I have to recommend thread I started. lol. Its called Fit and Forty and I've tried to debunk some fitness myths. http://www.brides.com/forums/diet-and-fitness/thread.jspa?messageID=569020򊺼

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 5:36 AM Go to message in response to: BearBearsBride

All the bast for your weight losing journey, keep constant and well determined.
pearl jewelry store

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine