El Dorado Royale

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

dbrunschwiler Posts : 1 Registered: 11/10/09
El Dorado Royale
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 12:56 PM

Hey guys,

I am really interested in hearing feedback from anyone who has visited the El dorado Royale. I am strongly considering this hotel for my destination wedding in august of 2010. This was actually the property recommended by my travel agent. I have spent hours reading reviews and i am so torn, I guess I am just looking for some more input.

Is the beach really that bad-are the sand bags that much of an eyesore?
Is it really commercialized? (i dont' really want to be around a bunch of hotels like cancun)
How long does it take to walk to the beach from the juniour jacuzzi suite?
Is the casita worth it and why?
Does anyone have any personal pictures they would like to share?
Do they host beautiful weddings?
Any other things i should know?

Thank you so much for your help!

Dawn
dbrunschwiler@gmail.com

SandalGirl Posts : 3 Registered: 8/21/09
Re: El Dorado Royale
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: dbrunschwiler

I'm going there for my honeymoom from another resort. I've heard really good things - there are pics of the sand bags on tripadvisor. Just look for the pics taken by reviewers - it gives you a good idea. Good luck!

My planning bio - www.robynplanningbio.weebly.com

dalesbride Posts : 20 Registered: 7/8/09
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: dbrunschwiler

hi,
I am getting married in Jamaica, but wanted to reply to your post because we went to the El Dorado 3 years ago. That was our first vacation together and holds a special place in our hearts, however, we did NOT enjoy this resort. The food is great, but very fancy...we couldn't just get a steak or something easy at dinner. The beach is hideous...horrible color water, sand bags are just enormous. Also, it is a very big place and you need to hitch a ride on a golf cart to get around. Way too much work for you if you are planning a destination wedding. Funny thing is, when I contacted the travel agent doing my wedding in Jamaica, she asked me where I had been prior and I mentioned the El Dorado and she even said "hmm, not a very nice beach". So, I think the key is to discuss your options and talk to a travel agent. I would highly recommend mine, Jennifer at VIP Vacations. Yes a bunch of girls speak highly of her on here and I can attest to the fact that she is just really easy to talk to and a huge help.
Jennifer@travelbyvip.com is her email. Private message me if you want any other info!
Cool

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: dbrunschwiler

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine