Need some Centerpiece Feedback!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Mandi1983 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Need some Centerpiece Feedback!!!
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 10:34 AM

Hi everyone, I am going to attempt to make my own centerpieces for our reception. Our wedding date is 9/18/10. The colors are Chocolate and Wine. Our venue is very classic looking, lots of woodwork, and darker carpet. I have created a few centerpieces using fake flowers that I purchased on clearance at Michael's.

Just wondered if you guys could give me some feedback on how they look. My fiance thinks they look "70's"---but I think that may be just because of the color? Let me know, do they look ok? Or do they look tacky and gaudy?

We have 36 dinner tables, and a few additional for cake/gifts/guestbook etc to decorate. So I thought this might be an inexpensive way to go. I think I can get all of it done for under $400... I really have no idea how much real centerpieces cost...but I would imagine I couldn't do it for $400?

Any feedback I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Image previewImage previewImage preview

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: Need some Centerpiece Feedback!!!
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: Mandi1983

I don't know if it's just my computer but I can't see the images.

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

I think there may be an issue seeing the pics. I have added them to an album titled "Centerpieces" on my profile.

http://www.brides.com/user/profile/community/Mandi1983/album

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: Mandi1983

I think the centerpieces look nice for a September wedding. I really like the one in the urn, but the one in the glass vase is nice too. Are you planning to use all 3 styles? IMO,I think that would look good and would add more dynamic to your decor, instead of every table being identical.

My mom is a florist and I can tell you with 36 tables, you'd be looking to spend a minimum of $750 at her shop. Not sure what the rates are in your area, but in my area, you would be saving A LOT by doing them yourself. You did an excellent job putting these together. I think they look fantastic and not 70's-ish at all.

Not all who wander are lost

SweetSurrender Posts : 130 Registered: 5/14/09
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Mandi1983

I think they look great! Plus, you'll definitely save some money going the DIY route.

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: Mandi1983

Mandi, those are super cute! Is that potpourri inside of it, or just decorate objects?

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 10:25 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

It's not potpourri. I got it them at Michael's on clearance. It's just different fruit shapes, apples and pears mostly, with a glazed/glittery finish. I thought they would add some shimmer and keep with the fall theme.

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: Mandi1983

Thanks everyone for the feedback!! I appreciate the help! I loved putting these together, and of course I love that I am coming in under budget on the centerpieces!!

Good luck everyone! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine