twilight theme

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 48

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: twilight theme
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

Okay... so you're planning on college in 4 years. What are you? 14? if anyone is wondering, that is DEFINITELY too young to be planning a wedding or even to be engaged. We have found an age.

Good lord, no wonder you want so many wedding themes based on movies rather than real love. You're a child. Why don't you grow up and graduate from college, see who you are THEN before you settle on a theme.

Yes, some people have themed weddings, even based around movies...but that is something that is actually important to them. For example: my DH would have had a Star Wars wedding, I am sure, if I'd let him. And you know what, he's actively been a Star Wars fan for 30plus years.... so that's not exactly this year's it item for him....although I think he just wants a reason to buy a storm trooper suit, but he'd have been dressed up as Han, IF I let him have that theme. That would have been my deal breaker. I'm not marrying no freakin storm trooper! Another "wedding theme" I could have seen us using (and I have a confession regarding this one) was "The Princess Bride". To be 100% honest, we used the Marriage Speech FROM Princess Bride in our wedding ceremony (oh yes we did...and the minister accidentally did put a little lisp in it. He did not intend to, but he said "dream within a dweam"....I love it!) There is a huge difference in incorporating an element, and basing the entire wedding around it though. We didn't have white horses, or a swordfight in the foyer during the ceremony (although...how cool would that have been!!). My DH didn't wear a black head wrap and mask...but he did have a sword.

My point.... if you incorporate any THEME in your wedding, it should be something that has been important to both of you for YEARS. It should be something that represents you, not the most recent fads.

Why don't you do "High School Musical: The Wedding" Seems a bit more approrpriate for you.

Misty

TangerineFranklin Posts : 21 Registered: 9/19/09
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I hate High School Musical and I'm not fourteen.

Tangerine FranklinInnocent

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

Because college seems a lot more important know that my fiance wants me to go to college.

NoseInTheGrass wrote:....oh god why
Wedding Countdown Ticker

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 2:00 AM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

It's called Kyoto University, and how do you plan to get accepted to one of the top fifteen universities in the world if you can't write a proper sentence? Also, they don't actually have an acting program, music program or performing arts program of any kind. Have you decided to give up on your dream of becoming an actress? One other thing, and I'm not sure about this, but I think that Japanese universities are three year degree programs, but only admit American students with a high number of AP Credits, an IB diploma or a year of school at an accredited American university.

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 6:30 AM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

All the best for twilight theme. Do send pic's of the event.
pearl jewelry store

Posted: Nov 14, 2009 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

I can write well I've wrote three books when I was twelve. I graduated with 28 credits most of them including AP. I have it all figured out. We're going to Kyoto University because I love Japan.

Posted: Nov 14, 2009 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

I do hope that is not supposed to be an example of your excellent writing skills, Tangerine. Because if it is, I'm afraid you are quite mistaken. The post where you claimed that you wrote well was fraught with grammatical errors. If one is claiming to have good writing skills, one should use that post as a demonstration of said skills.

I can write well I've wrote three books when I was twelve. I graduated with 28 credits most of them including AP. I have it all figured out. We're going to Kyoto University because I love Japan.

Allow me to correct this:

I can write well. I wrote three books when I was twelve. I graduated with twenty-eight credits, most of them in AP courses. I have it all figured out. We're going to Kyoto Univeristy because I love Japan.

So... because you took AP courses, you've concluded that you write well. What AP courses did you take? For example, a course in AP Biology does not translate to mad writing skills. Are these books published? I wrote a lot of books when I was younger, and a lot of stories recently. They're not published, and I certainly wouldn't list them on my resume to demonstrate mad writing skills.

However, I'm a college professor, and I teach English. The writing skills you've demonstrated on this forum would barely earn you a C in my class.

Misty

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I'm horrible about wanting to correct every little mistake I see on here! :) Hurray for English lovers!

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

It may be mean, but I hate bad grammar. Even on forums like this, and in text messages I think people should at least attempt to write in complete, intelligible sentences. Also, she still hasn't answered whether or not she's decided to get a degree in something other than acting, seeing as they don't have an art program. One other thought: Tangerine, do you speak Japanese? I imagine all their classes are taught in Japanese.
Oh well, I guess if a stranger on the internet wants to delude herself into thinking she can go to a far-fetched school, who am I to rain on her parade?
Good luck, kid!

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Bad grammar twigs me too; however, I will usually leave people alone about it. But when someone comes on here and claims that she writes well, while simultaneously demonstrating the opposite, I'm afraid that that requires a call out.

I respect we all make typos. I respect that not everyone is a grammar maven. We all have our skills. But like I said, if someone wants to demonstrate delusions of grammar, I'm perfectly happy to refute that notion.

And Twilight: You've already graduated and you're just NOW thinking about applying to universities? You're way too immature to get married at this point. By my junior year, I'd already applied to universities, and I had been accepted to them by the first semester of my senior year. Most of my friends applied BEGINNING of Senior year. No one waited until after graduation, unless that person intended to go to community college. Why would you take AP classes if you didn't intend to go to college? That's what those are for -- college preparation.

(Where did that troll picture go?)

Misty

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Well like I said before I have written three books about vampires. And I prefer to speak Japaese not English. Konnchiwa ogenki desu ka?

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

And yet, you have still failed to relay whether you are PUBLISHED. So unless you're published, those books you've written are not an indicator of your writing skills. You might 'prefer' to speak in Japanese, but you're here. Your wedding is in Missouri, so I find it hard to believe that you are Japanese. You might be the daughter of Japanese immigrants. But still, you're here. You claim you write well. Yet, at every opportunity, you've proven otherwise.

Misty

EmilyBowser Posts : 3 Registered: 11/27/09
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

Well like I said before I have written three books about vampires.

Aww, I see. So now you claim to have WRITTEN the Twilight books. That explains a lot. No wonder they're so lame...

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Glowbee Posts : 1 Registered: 11/30/09
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

Holy shit I want you to die in a fire.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine