Need ideas for western style wedding

Online Users: 1,242 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

bride225 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/22/09
Need ideas for western style wedding
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 1:18 PM

I am planning a western style wedding for my parents They are renewing their vows It is going to be on the farm by a tree and I was looking for ideas and my mom wanted her dress wear to be jeans so I was wanting maybe a western skirt with a white western blouse Her color is orchad so maybe something orchad on the blouse I am looking for ideas to show her so she could make the final decision since it is her wedding I want it to be what she wants

Thanks
farmgirl
farm girl

Emaylie Posts : 13 Registered: 6/24/09
Re: Need ideas for western style wedding
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: bride225

My wedding gonna be western style too. Since my guy is from mexico we ordered give aways like this. from ericasweddingfavors dot com what dou think?

file_436.jpg picture by f0rkboi
I love my guy!

weddingspinster Posts : 20 Registered: 3/12/09
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 10:42 PM Go to message in response to: bride225

Are you asking for ideas for the wedding in general, or just suggestions for clothes your mom might want to wear? Since I'm not sure, I'll just make a couple of clothing suggestions for now.

I've never bought anything from the website www.vintagewesternwear.com, but they had a couple of Western shirts you might want to look at. The one that's the most promising is "Panhandle Slim Women's Sand Trap-Violet." You'll find it through the website's "Panhandle Slim Shirts" page. It's a really nicely embroidered, solid shirt. If violet is close enough to the color your mom likes, she might want to consider it. Luckily, it also comes in a solid white (look down at the bottom of that "violet" page and you'll see photos of the white and also a pink). If she likes the white and you want to add orchid to it, buy the white and leave it open and wear an orchid-color, high quality T-shirt or tank top under it.

Also, I like the way the photo for the white version of the shirt adds a belt, at the hips. Maybe your mom would like to do something like that. AND, best of all, at the moment, this shirt is available in sizes small to XXLarge! (I don't know how Panhandle Slim shirts fit. I find that most women's Western shirts seem to run smaller than other kinds of tops, but your Mom probably already knows what size might work for her.)

The same website also has a "plum" colored top with vintage style embroidery. It's listed as "Scully Women's Floral Embroider with Side Yokes." (And, yes, that's how they spelled embroidery.) I suspect that it looks too "every day" and not "special" enough for a wedding.

Anyway, good luck! It's nice of you to want to help your mom look pretty on her special day. I'll check back, next week, to see if you've added any updates about the sort of help you're asking for.

www.weddingspinster.com

Stangirl1999 Posts : 12 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: bride225

I'm also looking for ideas. I'm looking for a western style shirt for the groom and groomsmen. Looking for one just like the one worn in the movie Maverick with Mel Gibson. If anyone knows where I can get one....that would be great.

Not sure if they may help you with any ideas, but we are having mason jars with flowers in them with ribbon tied around it. Also having small horse shoes tied with it. We are most likely having the custom hot sauces or BBQ sauces for favors. Also having BBQ for the food. Good luck :)

Oh our wedding cake topper will have a bride and groom horses.

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 22, 2012 1:52 AM Go to message in response to: bride225

I think you parents can wear the traditional wedding dress,it must be very beautiful.I saw many films about having wedding ceremony in rural,it is so nice to wear wedding dress.

shenzhentoby Posts : 42 Registered: 8/28/12
Posted: Sep 22, 2012 3:59 AM Go to message in response to: bride225

I just tried this dress Enzoani Wedding Dresses on- amazing!! The back is beautiful & it's 2 dresses Jacquelin Wedding Dresses in one! I thought I wanted mermaid, but this one has such wow factor!
Landa Wedding Dresses I believe itaway 1800$.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine