His family

Online Users: 1,331 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Rizie Posts : 5 Registered: 8/12/08
His family
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 7:53 PM

How do you handle asking his sister to be Matron OH only to send at least 5 emails, 2 telephone calls to get her to the salon to try on dresses? Well, she never responded, I was lierally ignored so I chose my best friend of 30 years to be MOH. The wedding is a year away and my MOH has her dress and the BM's have agreed with my choice for them. I am plowing forward with my plans, however ZI just know she'll show up within 6-8 mos, asking 'what happened?' Yeah right! How shall I respond?
Love is grand

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Re: His family
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: Rizie

First you posted under forum help so are unlikely to get many/any replies. Second, if I understand correctly, you asked your future SIL to be MOH, didn't get a reply fast enough, so then asked a friend and have since ordered dresses but never revoked your offer or told future SIL you asked someone else to replace her since shenever replied? IF that's the case, and you aren't planning ot say a word until she mentions it, then good luck to you.

You should have let her know, should have done something, or had your FH do something, and if you let it sit without any communication, then you are asking for way more trouble and drama in the family you are joining for the rest of your life. So, my advice is fix it now, or at least do some damage control. Ignoring it for another 6-8 months, or however long, is NOT going ot help in any way.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Rizie Posts : 5 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Let me clarify. I asked his sis to be Matron of Honor, I got NO response and I then asked my BF to be Maid of Honor.
Love is grand

SoontobeMrsGlover Posts : 79 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: Rizie

Right, but what I think Cyndi was saying is that you sort of left it open ended. You asked you SIL to be MOH and without getting a confirmed yes or no, you went ahead and asked someone else. You leave the potential for your SIL to come to you and ask what happened.

Even though you didn't get a response from you SIL, you still need to let her know that you've asked someone else. It will save a lot of drama down the road.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: SoontobeMrsGlover

Exactly. And, if you post under wedding planning or somewhere like that, rather than forum help, you'd get WAY more replies and advice.

Your SIL may assume you are waiting on her reply. You are marrying into the family. Why not try to avoid any unnecessary drama?

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine