A question re bachelorette party

Online Users: 1,277 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
A question re bachelorette party
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 12:57 PM

Hey guys...

When I got married last year I didnt have a Bachelorette Party and the only other one I've been to I hosted the party for the bride.

Now are you expected to give a gift to the Bride at her Bachelorette party? It's a Passion Party theme...so are we expected to buy an item from the consultant for the bride?

The wedding is in 2 weeks and I've spent quite a bit on her shower gift and wedding gift. In addition it's out of town so we have to pay for gas and hotel as well.

I'm trying to avoid spending more money than I need to.

Thanks!

Married 9.20.08

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: A question re bachelorette party
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

No, youre totally off the hook here. No gifts are expected or given at Bachelorette parties. Normally, the bridal party or MOH will put together a night on the town, dinner, or whatever else for the bride. Since the purpose of this is to treat the bride to a night out ,the bridal party usually hosts and pays for the bride. So, if youre not a part of the bridal party, youre not expected to do anything at all.

As far as them having a Passion Party theme and having a Salesperson /consultant come over; this is why I dont really love these kinds of bachelorette parties. Because you are NOT obligated in any way to purchase anything; however; when someone invites you to a party where a product will be advertised to you at that party; you may leave there feeling guilty for not buying anything. This is why I usually dont go to most bachelor parties. I usually find them boring --- unless its something really different and fun and unique.

Point is - youre not obligated to do anything at all. Attend if you want to, but dont let yourself feel guilty for not buying product.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thank you!

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

I am bring some mint chocolate cookies and crostini with tomato jam/goat cheese so I'm not showing up empty handed.

Married 9.20.08

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine