Ive got the wedding dress blues

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

Hotari Posts : 51 Registered: 2/2/09
Ive got the wedding dress blues
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 7:40 PM

So its been a little while since I posted on here life got busy and sadly my lurking time got seriously cut back. Now on to the main topic of this post I am completely fed up with dress shopping it seems like I go yet never find anything that really makes me say "ooohhh I like" did anyone else go throught this? Am I alone in my wedding dress blues?

Proud member of P.O.O.P People Offended by Offended People

SoontobeMrsGlover Posts : 79 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: Ive got the wedding dress blues
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: Hotari

I did go through that too. I tried on dress after dress after dress, but nothing hit me. Yeah, they we're pretty but none of them screamed, "this is my wedding dress!" I thought I would be one of those girls who just had to pick one without feeling "that" feeling. But then one day one of my friends went with me and picked out a dress that I would have never chosen for myself. But I tried it on anyway, just becuase nothing else seemed to be to be doing it for me... and low and behold it was the ONE! I just started glowing. It was the dress I had been looking for but just didn't know it.

So just relax, you still have plenty of time. Keep an open mind, and try on all kinds of dresses, even if you think its not what you want. You'll find something that will make you feel the way you want to on your wedding day. Good luck and keep us posted.

LibranBride Posts : 14 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: Hotari

Have you gone through magazines and wedding sites to at least get an idea of what style you like? I think to help you out, you should narrow down what you would like.

Strapless? A-line? Tea length? Ivory? Beading?

Once you know what you do like-- or don't want-- you can then look for dresses that fit the criteria. Just heading into a bridal salon and hoping to find something will lead to frustration. Like a term paper, you have to research and know your topic so the reps can help you find something. And if you have a far-out, unique idea that's just not in any shop-- have it made if you can afford to.

wedding planning

Hotari Posts : 51 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: LibranBride

I have looked through numerous pictures and found stuff I like, but when I go to try it on it never looks right on me. I'm a short person 5' 2" so anything to poofy devours me and I don't have the body for anything too form fitting I'm basically stuckin the middle

Proud member of P.O.O.P People Offended by Offended People

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 6:25 AM Go to message in response to: Hotari

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine