Wedding Planners

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Jrosa Posts : 2 Registered: 11/1/09
Wedding Planners
Posted: Nov 1, 2009 11:12 AM

Hi Everyone,
I am a newly engaged bride and super excited but overwhelmed. At this point it is evident that I need a Wedding Planner or Day of Coordinator. I need help finding a Wedding Planner in the NYC Metro/Tri State area. I am not sure what the average prices for a planner are OR what are the basic services I should be looking for.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
J.Rosa soon to be Mrs. Thomas :0)

Marriage--a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose.

LieneVargo Posts : 10 Registered: 10/27/09
Re: Wedding Planners
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 1:22 AM Go to message in response to: Jrosa

Hello Bride :)

First of all, you have to decide how much help you will need from Wedding planner. Usually all wedding coordinators offer following:
1. Full Planning (A complete planning package can handle every last detail-from finding and securing your reception site and vendors, to negotiating and coordinating payment, to ensuring the big day progresses flawlessly);
2. Partial Planning (With a partial planning package, the planner offers assistance and guidance as needed. You remain hands-on, doing much of the research and decision making on your own);
3. Week of/Day of Planning (This is a great option if you prefer to plan everything yourself but want a pro on hand to tend to last minute details-so you can relax and enjoy your day as the guest of honor)
4. A la carte services (things like you just dont want to deal with - sending out invotations, wraping favor, looking for that perfect band etc.)

And ofcoures price will vary depending on service and ofcourse company. Some companies charge based on wedding budget, some has set package prices.

Let me know if you need help with something. Would love to help you.

Liene
Chic Weddings

Come check out Chic Weddings page on Facebook for daily tips http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/updates.php?id=172453981197&sent=1&e=0#/pages/Astoria-NY/Chic-Weddings/172453981197?ref=mf

LieneVargo Posts : 10 Registered: 10/27/09
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 1:27 AM Go to message in response to: LieneVargo

is this something you had in mind for your wedding colors? sorry, i know thisis off the topic but just remembered this photo in my collection. love the contrast colors :)

Liene

Jrosa Posts : 2 Registered: 11/1/09
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: LieneVargo

Thank you.. I am glad someone responded.
I really like the color of the flowers although I think I was the bm dresses to be closer to pink. I keep on hearing brides talk about vision boards and I guess I should try that. Speaking about flowers.. are there any florists you would recommend in the NYC area?

Marriage--a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: Jrosa

You're not going to get too much help here in the "forum help" forum.

The best thing to do would ask this question again under "Wedding Planning & Etiquette" maybe even put in "Wedding Planner needed in NYC" or something to attract people who will know an answer.

Alot of the posters here live in NY, in fact, one of them--Kelleyiskelley has done wedding planning and lives in NY.

Just a suggestion! Good luck!

xativagroup Posts : 1 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 1:37 AM Go to message in response to: Jrosa

Congratulations on your engagement,

My name is Celeste Kelemen and I am a wedding planner located in NY and NJ. We have different locations in NY, if you would like to come in for a free consultation to one our stores. You can email me at csantana@xativagroup.com or call 212-567-0123 for an initial consultation with me.

I understand you're overwhelmed. The average wedding takes 250 hours of planning, and sometimes the need of professional help is essential . During the initial consultation, we can assist you in creating a desired and realistic budget, brainstorm on a theme and mood of your wedding, and discuss the different packages and services that we offer for weddings.

For more information, please visit our websites:
Our NY store website is www.truelovewedding.com, and our NJ store website is www.xativagroup.com.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Celeste!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine