Opinions on my dress please!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Opinions on my dress please!!
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 4:16 PM

So i am about to order the dress I tried on about a month ago and I guess I am just a bit nervous! I hate making big decisions! I really wanted to post this in the plus size brides thread but I couldn't find it.

I love this dress...I think it is really beautiful and very different then what I have seen a lot of my friends wear. I guess my only issue is that everyone kept telling me I should go A-line because of my size. But I just felt like they made me look even bigger than i am! I love that this dress because it gives me a nice hourglass figure...even if its a big hourglass! lol So what do you guys think?

http://www.privatelabelbyg.com/catalog.asp?c=3&p=6

P.S.- I hope you guys can see this because I have a MAC and for some reason it hates the dress website! lol

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Re: Opinions on my dress please!!
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Yes, I think this dress is beautiful! I hope that it all works out for you! Post a picture of you in it once you get it!

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

That's a beautiful dress. Go for it. Big curves are hot. You'll look great.
CoolStick your head out the window and smile for a satellite picture!Tongue out

Shoesiesluvr Posts : 43 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

i totally agree with all the girls and with what you said about the A-line style dress. Im sure youll look stunning in this dress, make sure to post pictures =)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
Check out our wedding page

Adimar Posts : 6 Registered: 6/9/09
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

The dress is beautiful, and im sure that you will pull it off! I am a hispanic female, and i totally know what it means to have curves.!! its makes dress shopping much harder. Only thing is on he link you posted, idk if its just me but the picture of the back of the dress looks like it has halter top..? is it a diffrerent dress? if that is the case look into it first. =)

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: Adimar

Thank you everyone! I have a hard time making decisions and I have been struggling a lot with being a bigger sized bride. Thank you so much for all the kind words!!

I noticed the halter thing too and its really weird because when i tried the dress on in the store it was definitely strapless. I am going to double check with the store though just to make sure!

Loopu Posts : 1 Registered: 10/29/09
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 5:20 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

I think it would look great the ruched bodice will help with any figure

lianetdiaz Posts : 7 Registered: 11/2/09
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

I like the dress!!! I guess that if you feel good with it on nothing else matters. You are going to look beautiful anyway.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: lianetdiaz

thanx everyone for the encouragement! I finally went ahead and ordered it yesterday. I am really excited because I thought it would take 6 months to get here but they gave me a ship date in february so that makes me feel much better. I swear if I didn't order it soon my mother was going to have a heart attack. She always wants to do things as soon as possible were as I always get it done on time but I am just not the early bird. Causes a lot of tension for us!

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2009 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Zoe~ I am so excited you finally found a dress you love!! And what a beautiful dress!! The first dress I fell in love with was from the same company, but there are no stores near me that carry the line so I never got to try it on. I bet this dress will look amazing on you!! I tried on a simular style, and loved it, but it didn't go with the feel of my wedding.

I will defantly find and resurect the Plus Size thread so you can post it there, and PLEASE PLEASE post a pic of you in it when it comes in!!!

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Thanx guys! Everyone is sooo sweet!!! I cant wait till I get it in. I was actually only able to try it on in light gold so I cant wait to see what the white with silver beading looks like! I will try to get pics up as soon as I get it!

Mdwstbabe83 Posts : 10 Registered: 8/12/09
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Hi Zoe~ I couldn't view ur dress...do you have any other pictures of it? Would like to see it...what does your ring look like?? How's everything going with the wedding plans?? Hope to talk sometime.

Enjoy your special day, because it's your perfect day to reflect on your love for each other!

LibranBride Posts : 14 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

That dress is gorgeous! Very beautiful! I'm sure you'll look amazing in it.

wedding planning

VintageBride143 Posts : 7 Registered: 9/27/08
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: LibranBride

You must be so excited! That dress is so elegant, I know you can pull it off!!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Very formal and elegant Zoe! Gorgeous! Congratulations on finding such a beautiful dress. I'm sure this is a huge weight off your shoulders. Enjoy your special day! I cant wait to see pictures.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine