Updated

Online Users: 1,367 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 19

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Updated
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: Lilmisssouthern...

Dear Drm,

"Like I said yes the party idea was weird but it was worth it. "

Totally worth it. I wish I could have been there.

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 8:19 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

We have pictures... I will post some once i get people to send them to me.... I am sure that they will turn out perfectly hilarious. I literally did not sit down that night. I danced the entire time. I think I lost 10 lbs alone in that evening.

* Promises mean everything when they are made but as soon as they are broken they mean nothing*

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: Lilmisssouthern...

It's so good to see you back on the boards with an update! I was thrilled to see your post! Congratulations on making one of the toughest, if not the toughest decisions of your life. You are so brave & I admire you for that. Goodluck with your future endevours & try your best to stay on the boards fi you can. It's always good hearing from you!

webeback Posts : 1 Registered: 5/17/10
Posted: May 17, 2010 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: MissApril

I know its been awhile since this post start but I thought I would try and update. I am the Mom of the groom and the wedding that did not take place. It was a nice wedding and we all thought they were married. There was nothing to make us think otherwise. The bridesmaids thought they were married, the minister married them except one little thing--the bride lost the marriage certificate so it couldn't be signed. It was a big party and the bride danced the night away. At our expense. My husband and I paid for the whole thing even the dress-actually there were 2 dresses. She kept ALL the wedding presents and cashed all the checks and kept the money. My son wrote all the thank yous for coming to the wedding and for the presents-which he never saw. She kicked him out on his birthday. Whatever the reason. She was the one who lied about everything Even to her friends and family. They are just now starting to speak to her again. But all is not lost. The presents and the money have gone to good use. She moved in with a guy a week after she kicked my son out and then married him a few months later. So she didn't need to "go thru" another fake wedding. She had the money and all the gifts--just a different husband.
there are two sides to every story--thought I would update you all on the other side. She promised to pay me back her half of the wedding cost--so far I have seen none of it. Thats the truth. She had this planned all along. Good luck to her. The one who isn't going to make out is her son--if she raises him with her values he is going to have a tough road ahead. My family and friends traveled a long way to attend this wedding and never so much as received a thank you or even a "hello, glad you could come to the wedding" from her. She did not speak to anyone in that room except her family. My retired parents handed her $1000 in cash and never received so much as a thank you. But she did buy herself a nice $500 watch on their honeymoon cruise with that money.
We are so very lucky not to have her in our family...

Edited by: webeback on May 17, 2010 4:51 PM

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: Lilmisssouthern...

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45682.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine