What's up April 2010's?!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 72

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
What's up April 2010's?!
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 4:14 PM

Alright ladies, I notice other months have a thread dedicated to progress, chit chat and what nots. I thought it would be fun for us Aprils to get one together! Especially since we're 5 months and counting!! Anyone feeling a pinch yet? I know there are other April 2010's out there stalking, so let's get on and post what we're working on, what we've booked, what's come in, post pics, etc. Or, we can just share our stories and/or stresses...

I'll start. I'm marrying my soul mate April 10. Today I ordered part of my attendants gifts. I got them these awesome totes and plan to spend the next few months packing them with wedding day and other goodies. Our colors are pink and gold with a little brown here and there, so I got the pink one with their first initial monogrammed on them.

Personalized Bella Bridesmaids Tote

Also, FH still hasn't informed 2 of his 3 guys that we are engaged or that he would like them to be his groomsmen.... Granted, he doesn't see them very often so I've been giving him some leeway ;) However, he has already ordered their tuxes :)

Ok, tag, you're it!!!

Not all who wander are lost

Edited by: happydefiant1 on Oct 22, 2009 2:19 PM because i'm trying to get my ticker to work....

BibliophileMom Posts : 80 Registered: 3/26/09
Re: What's up April 2010's?!
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Less than 6 months to go, and I am officially freaking out! We are getting married April 11 in the Caribbean, and then having an at-home reception April 24.

Here's what we've done:
Arranged the officiant
Picked out my dress (but haven't ordered it yet)
Reserved honeymoon cottage (and paid for 1/2)
Reserved reception location (and paid for it)
Booked with caterer for reception (and paid more than 1/2)

Here's what we're working on:
Invitations - we've picked them, now just need to finalize wording and order them - will be done within the next two weeks
Plane tickets - might be getting them this weekend!
Reception decorations - going shopping with my mom tomorrow!

Here's what we need to do that I'm freaking out about:
Everything else! ;-)
Photographer
Baker
DJ for the reception
Hotel for the 2 nights we'll be in the Caribbean before the wedding (I'm sort of waiting on his mom for this one - she wants us to stay at the same place as her, but she hasn't decided where to stay yet)
Wedding rings
All the other clothing and accessory stuff (besides The Dress) for me, the groom, and our daughter

We aren't having a wedding party, so at least none of that to worry about.

www.mywedding.com/Leaver2010

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

biblio,

We're at about the same place! I am feeling the crunch to :) A DW in the carribean is going to be fabulous! Lucky you!

Here's what we've done so far:
*Purchased material for attendants, flower girl, bridal gown and groom vest/tie: one of BM's is making it all! She's an amazing seamstress and offered to take this on.
*Ordered tuxes
*Informed our church of the wedding date
*Planned honeymoom destination (Vegas) but have not booked or paid for any of it yet! FH has never been nor been on an airplane!
*Ordered part of BM gifts, they shipped today. woo hoo!
*Decided on venue, but haven't booked. We're rural out here and don't have to worry about it booking until about February.
*booked photographer. We donated an electric scooter to his family in our church so he is doing our entire wedding for free!! Unbelievable right!?

Basically, we've planned and that's it...

What we have yet to do:
*tell my parents!!!!
*pick invitations
*caterer
*EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

I am confident that we'll get it together. But, school is taking up a ton of my time. I just started my Master's progam.

Keep me posted!!

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Really??? No other April 2010's?

Well, if you are out there, please join!

I'm going today to get my DIY invite stuff. I'm hoping to find a swirly stamp...

Apr24Bride Posts : 3 Registered: 12/23/08
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Yay!

I have booked the church, booked the reception hall, wedding day coordinator, booked the partial planner, ordered my shoes...woohoo!, ordered and mailed save-the-dates, reserved caterer, booked photographer/videographer, ordered my custom dress, picked out bridesmaids and flowergirl dresses, booked Djay, booked flowers, centerpieces, decor etc.

Just ordered invitations - can't wait to see them :)

Booked my honeymoon tickets and lodging/cruise in Egypt.

About to call my planner to finalize the church/reception decor.

Go April!!! I am getting married on April 24th.

Edited by: Apr24Bride on Nov 10, 2009 8:09 PM

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: Apr24Bride

Apr24bride,

Wow! You've done A LOT!!! Kudos to all your work

I found the invitation template that I like and FH likes it too. Now to confirm the guest list with FIL's and get to making them (which I've heard takes awhile with DIY). I also searched for a flower to attach to the sash on my dress. Can't decide if I want a colored one or plain ivory. My seamstress said my dress should be ready before Christmas. I can't wait to try it on! It will really make all this seem 'real' ya know?

A honeymoon in Egypt sounds amazing!!! Have you been before? We haven't decided where we're going yet. Guess we should get on that ;)

The only thing I'm having trouble with is the music selection. We don't want to use traditional wedding music in the ceremony, and so can't seem to find the right songs for guest seating or the wedding party and bridal processional. But, we have time to figure those out!!

Kathaeleen

CandyK Posts : 33 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Hey Everybody,

My guy and I decided to pick a date and we too are getting married on April 10th. I know we are going to have a speedy engagement but here's a little of our backstory:

I've posted some on the "Waiting for the Ring" forum but so the April ladies know about me I'll post some here.

My guy and I have been together a little over a year now. He's 38 and I'm 27. We met through work and with a little help from his boss and my coworker. We pretty much talked about marriage, family, and kids since the third week of dating so a lot of people thought we were crazy. Then when I was still taking him along to events with me and friends were still seeing him around they all now know he would be proposing soon. So we already know we're having a themed wedding, we know the colors, and know which venues we want to visit but he hasn't done the formal proposal yet. He's picking up the ring when he gets back from Thanksgiving visiting relatives and then he'll ask my dad and then ask me. Although it's pretty decided we're getting married. This has been the strangest, happiest, most wonderful relationship I've ever been in. My dad's been ill and guy helps me and my dad so much with getting him dressed and running errands for him and the family. I honestly don't know how we would've made it this past year without him. We decided we need to get married soon since my dad is my only parent alive and he's ill. We want him around to see us get married.

He's definitely been my angel sent from Heaven.

We're going to visit a venue Friday after work. I told him we have to choose our venue soon to make sure we can get a place.

So in a nutshell, hey everyone and I'm definitely feeling the time crunch.

CandyK

Edited by: CandyK on Nov 16, 2009 3:05 PM

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: CandyK

Candy,

Congratulations on your happiness and semi-engagement ;)!!! Isn't it wonderful?!

I'm sorry to hear about your father, though. But, I am glad to hear that your guy is willing to help out; you def have a keeper!

Keep us fellow April 2010's posted on your progress. I love hearing about everyone's wedding stuff!

Oh, and we're date twins!!

Kathaeleen

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Hey Date Twin! I'm so excited about visiting our first venue this weekend. Did anyone take pictures of their possible venues or is this a faux pas?

CandyK

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: CandyK

I say click away! We took pics of the inside and out of our venue so that when we're planning we can remember all the locations and how large the spaces are. I also took pictures of the tables, chairs, stage, bar, and ceiling (cause it has twinkle lights installed) so I would remember what all is included.

I think a lot of people take pictures of their venues. For memory and for showing friends and family (like the bridal party and parents) what it looks like.

Post the pics for us to see!!!

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Hey, girls!

My day is April 24, 2010. I think I have a date twin that posted above. :)

I'm definitely starting to feel the crunch, now, especially after reading everything y'all have done. Here's my story:

What I've Done
*Booked the baker and picked out the cake.
*Booked the caterer and decided on a menu. (We're having a finger-foods reception.)
*Decided on the officiant.
*Booked the church/fellowship hall.
*Purchased my dress, and all, but 2 of the 'Maids dresses have been ordered.
*Made my flower girl basket and picked out her dress.
*Booked the photographer and paid the deposit.
*Booked the florist and decided on flowers.
*Registered for gifts.
*Decided on ceremony music.
*Designed invitations and programs.

What I Have Left To Do
Everything!
*Register for the Tuxes.
*Decide on, and purchase, attendant gifts.
*Decide on, and book, honeymoon.
*Purchase rings.
*Purchase reception decorations.
*Finish guestlist.
*Have invitations and programs printed.
*Decide on hair/makeup.
Oh my gosh...soooo much more!

My colors are deep pink with bright orange accents - sounds weird, but looks great, together. We're having a 2pm ceremony, followed by a light finger-foods and cake reception. Later, that evening, a bunch of us are getting together in the downtown area for some post-reception fun. =)

I'm torn about music at my reception, since it will be short and sweet (about 1 1/2 - 2 hours), and in a church fellowship hall. I'm definitely open to opinions and advice!

Congrats to all of our April '10 Brides!

Visit our wedding website!    http://www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

SweetSC,

Congratulations! You're colors sound pretty. I like the pink/orange combo. It's different, but the colors go well together.

Where are y'all thinking about going for you HM? I think we're gonna go to Vegas cause FH has never been and there is sooooo much to do, but its not 100%. We beach it often so the traditional tropical honeymoon isn't as appealing to us.

I've been thinking about getting my make up airbrushed on. I've never done it before, but I've heard it is longer lasting and makes skin look flawless. Then again, I jmay ust 'formal up' what I normally wear.... Have you ever had airbrusing done before?
Created by Wedding Favors

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

I'm not sure about the honeymoon, yet. FH's friend has a vacation house, in the Tennessee mountains, that he said we were welcome to - free of charge, so that's becoming VERY tempting. :) I'd love to go to Vegas, though! I've never been, either.

I've never had air-brushed makeup, but it does look fantastic on the models I've seen pictures of. One of my bridesmaids is currently a student at Paul Mitchell, so I might let her "practice" on me. She does a great job with hair, but I haven't seen any of her makeup jobs.

I can't believe how fast these months are flying by, though! It seems like I had a whole year left, just last week!

Visit our wedding website!    http://www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

Honeymooning the mountains would be amazing!! And free of charge is awfully hard to resist. I think I would probably take the friend up on his offer

Let me know if you practice the airbrush. I am curious about it

Time is escaping me too! I am DIYing my invitations and we narrowed the design and wording down to two options this weekend. It's so hard to pick!! I'm gonna show my fam on Thanksgiving and hope they can help us decide.
Created by Wedding Favors

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Had to reschedule venue looking. It was raining cats and dogs the other day when we were scheduled to look at the venue so we rescheduled for the following day and the weather was still ugly. We're trying to reschedule for this weekend or next and hopefully I'll be officially engaged by then. I heard the lady from the jewelry store in the background when I called my sweetie last night. lol. I think I could have been a private eye in another life.

CandyK

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine