Wanting to get back to my old size.

Online Users: 1,315 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

MLNichols Posts : 5 Registered: 10/5/09
Wanting to get back to my old size.
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 1:00 AM

About a year after I had my baby I met up with a friend of mine in high school. One of the first things she asked me was if I was having another baby. If felt so horrible that all the exercise and dieting hadn't worked at all. It doesn't help that I have a major sweet tooth.

I realize that I will never look like I did in high school. It's just that I had worked to hard to get down to my size 5 jeans. If anyone has any advice on how I could lose those extra pounds I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Wanting to get back to my old size.
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: MLNichols

Personally, I would chalk this up to your friend being an idiot. Unless you're REALLY short, size 5 is small.

I wouldn't let an ignorant comment get to me, but if you feel like you need to lose a few more pounds before you'll be happy with your body, just keep doing what you're doing. Proper diet and regular exercise is the healthiest way to lose weight. As for the sweet tooth, don't keep sweets in the house. Give yourself a goal (such as one a week) and then reward yourself when you meet it. Don't deny yourself sweets entirely, as that will backfire. Take small steps towards your goal, but be persistent.

As for getting back to the size you were in high school, I think it's impossible for many of us to get back to our high school size. Your body still changes in your late teens and early twenties and it CERTAINLY changes when you have a baby. You are bigger now, but you're not necessary fatter - you're just more womanly. I could starve myself and I would never fit into the size 4 I wore in high school - my hips are simply wider than they were back then. And that's not a bad thing.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

5 is small!!! I thought odd number sizes are Junior sizes anyway aren't they?

I am a 6-8 and even if I wanted to be a 4 it would be impossible because my hips are wide...and when i say hips I mean the actual bones. Having my daughter spread my hips some and I don't think I would ever be able to squeeze into a 4. That doesn't make me fat...it just make me curvy which i am OK with.

Keep up the hard work and ignore the insensitive remarks!

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

MLNichols Posts : 5 Registered: 10/5/09
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

The last time they saw me was in my size fives but now I'm a size 11 which is why they made the comment they did.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: MLNichols

OK well in your first post it madeit seem like you are a size 5, so that's why you got the replies you did.

Re-evaluate what you eat, increase veggies and fruits, exercise - that's how you're going to lost weight.

Look into Weight Watchers - it's a good program. They even have a program if you are nursing. There's an online and a meeting way of doing WW.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I'm going to further ask what DPN said. Isn't odd sizes Juniors? I haven't seen an odd sized Woman clothes in years! Besides, you will never get back to the size you were in high school. Trust me. I was a zero in high school and now I'm a 6-8. I couldn't get my hips into a zero if my life and the worlds depended on it. I'm not fat by any means. I exercise everyday and play sports, but good old hormones decided I needed to be curvier. There is nothing wrong with not being your high school size.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 5:14 AM Go to message in response to: MLNichols

What is your overall weigh? you can certainly loose weigh and to get back to your old jeans is sensable. But your body under went lot of changes and to get back to junior size is difficult. You can take up aerobics classes or join a dance school. check out your calories count and workout regularly.
pearl jewelry store

stephboxtum Posts : 1 Registered: 10/29/09
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: MLNichols

Join an activity doing something you enjoy. Take up a martial art or do a boot camp, it has to be something fun that you like, but really puts you through the works.

On top of that, eat healthy. It's not difficult, we all know what isn't healthy. And no, "light" or "no fat" versions of bad food don't count as healthy.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine