October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

NL2010 Posts : 108 Registered: 6/27/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Amanda- A few of my girlfriends took OTC prenatal vitamins as soon as they started trying to get pregnant so that as soon as they became pregnant the baby would have all those nutrients. My one friend took them for about a year before she got pregnant. You might want to give a call to your doctor's office but I wouldn't think that it would hurt you since you can start taking them before you're even pregnant. They didn't have any problems with them.

I have settled on having our wedding around this time next year because the trees have finally almost all changed color. I really want to take some photos outside in the backyard with the trees in the background and I want the leaves to have changed. The first two weeks in October the leaves were still green here.

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

jelly- My doctor told me that all women of child bearing age should take prenatals, whether you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or none of the above. It has a lot in it that are good for women our age.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Thanks for the info, Amanda and Lydia. I have the slowest growing hair EVER, so maybe I'll look into it. :)

Lydia, our trees have just know really started turning, too. Unfortunately, we picked out date since it's on our fall break, and I don't know if pushing the date back is a good idea stress-wise. Of course, I don't think two weeks will matter a whole lot with midterms. We seem to have a "midterm month" rather than a week.

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding website

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

What is everybody doing for food at their reception? After a lot of thought and research, Eric and I decided that we're doing a lighter meal than originally planned. My stepdad is going to roast a hog, so we'll have those, plus we're doing one other hot sandwich, either roast turkey or roast chicken. Then we're doing a couple cold sandwiches, probably ham, turkey, and maybe a tuna salad or something like that. We'll have a couple salads, like potato and macaroni, a cheese tray, relish tray, and I'm not sure what else. Does that sound like a wide enough variety and enough choices?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Yea I would ask before taking any pills.

About food we are spending an arm and a leg to feed 80 people!! Argh! I am so tempted to just elope right now. Money is really tight at the moment :( We get salad, bread rolls, some starter choice like sherbert, wine, champaigne, a choice of 3 meals (beef, chicken, or fish), and the cake. Oh and cheese and crackers before the meal. It's like $64 a plate! But FH and I want the $76 a plate which includes MORE FOOD like pasta and more choices of appetizers. I'm tempted to just have a cocktail reception because I'm so stress right now with money.

Are you ladies having a sweet heart table or a head table. I am torn between both and I have no idea what to have. What do you ladies suggest?

Oh and also, I don't know if anyone here is having a Halloween themed wedding, I think Lydia is, but I was just over at the October 2009 thread and some girl just had her wedding and she posted pictures of her Halloween themed! It looked amazing!! You guys should check it out.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah... we're in the same boat with the elopement thoughts. Just this afternoon we were researching wedding chapels in Vegas. lol

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Oh, ladies. With all the wedding planning I've been doing, I'm starting to think my vision is getting lost. When we started planning, I knew exactly what I wanted. Now I'm not even sure next October is a good idea. I love fall and really want a fall wedding, but I'm so stressed right now with just school and planning, I can't imagine how I'll be when the wedding actually rolls around next year!

In my head I've been tossing around December ideas since we had a pretty hefty winter break and I might be less stressed then, but we'd have to look into a ceremony and reception location because an outdoor wedding would not be such a good idea. Not to mention you have to deal with incliment weather and snow and all kinds of other nasty stuff.

I just wish I could get things cemented in stone. FH doesn't have an opinion about anything, my friends are always telling me not to "let FMIL make all the decisions" because she'll just try to "run my life after marriage" and the only people who want to talk about it are trying to make it a much bigger/grander affair than I want it to be.

I just want a warm, homey, fall wedding shared with our closest friends and family. Why is it hard?

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding website

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

jelly- I think sometimes we can get carried away with wedding planning. But if what you vision, what you want for your wedding day is not what you are planning, you have every right to change those plans and do what you DO want!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

1010VTbride Posts : 50 Registered: 5/24/09
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

W are not having a Halloween-themed wedding, but we are having dark brown and champagne w/ orange accents as our colors. We are also planning on using alot of pumpkins in our decorating, and are even considering using pumpkins as our centerpieces:

http://www.bhg.com/videos/m/21895639/pumpkin-centerpiece.htm
wedding website

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

I just want a warm, homey, fall wedding shared with our closest friends and family. Why is it hard?

SO have your fall wedding :) I go to school too but I am taking the fall semister off of 2010. You will be fine. Just take it one step at a time. Don't let anyone pressure you into having the wedding that THEY want because you will regret it later on. This is what you and your fh want.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

i dont think it is crazy to wait until the spring to go dress shopping. Just make sure yoou leave yourself enough time to order, wait for it to come in, and then get alterations done. Also, a seamstress can take a dress in up to 4 sizes without altering the way it looks, so i dont think you have too much to worry about. Just make sure you order a dress size that fits you now, or even one size bigger!

for food, we are having a cocktail hour with 8 appetizers cheese and crackers, veggies, etc. champagne toast, salad, bread, pasta station with 2 pastas, carving station with 2 choices, veggies, starch, and an entree station. we will also have wedding cake, wine service with dinner, and open bar all night.

1010VTbride Posts : 50 Registered: 5/24/09
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Wow...4 sizes?? Ok...I didn't know that....that is awesome! :)

On the food front, we are doing chicken and beef, and then vegetarian by request, with salad appetizer and dinner rolls. We are having a cocktail hour with open bar...and then having kegs after that which should take care of the rest of the evening. Yes it IS stressful....I'm already stressed and we have a year to go. I love that we have our own thread to bounce ideas off from each other on.
wedding website

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

1010- yeah im pretty sure the seamstress told me 4 sizes...maybe it was 3...but i think she said 4. and i think they equate one dress size to like 10-15 pounds....so you would have to loose A LOT of weight in order for it to not fit well! If your worried, just call a local shop and ask!

about the stress of weddings.....i have found it is not stressful to PLAN it, but it is stressful to find a way to PAY for it!! so, yes, i can relate too!! Just really analize what you can save up, and make lots of spread sheets and such to keep track of expenses, and what you have paid out. then re-visit it every few weeks to make sure you are on track. It will also make you realize how much you need to cut back on other things in order to save.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

So, my Save The Dates came in and they look TERRIBLE!

They have black smudges all over them, the font that has our name, date, ect. is hilariously small and they weren't cut properly so they have a white edge on one side and no edge (the color extends) on the other side! FH is much better at getting what he wants and talking to people than I am so he contacted the company and explained what was wrong so they refunded us the money and we're getting new magnets printed out that are going to be done correctly. I was so dissapointed!

For food: our venue is pretty much amazing and they have their own caterer so we're having mini food floating around, a chocolate fountain, a ham and a roast carving station as well as an open bar all included in the price of the venue so I don't have to worry about food!

I'm not too stressed about the wedding just yet. I think as time draws closer I will be but FH graduates in May so we're probably moving to Louisiana which will take most of the stress of planning the wedding away since I won't be five hours away any longer.

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

I can totally agree that the planning portion as of yet, isn't that stressful but yes, the money part is. Each time I sit and think about the costs that I still have left to pay, with only 1 year left, I don't know how we are going to do it. Thank goodness for tax returns!!

For our reception food, at the cocktail hour, I think I'm doing a meat and cheese display. The dinner is a mixed plate with NY Strip Steak and some chicken dish, I just haven't nailed down the chicken yet. Waiting to actually taste some of the dishes before I make that decision. That also comes with salad, rolls, veggies, and I think a pasta too. It's some sort of starch, be it pasta or potatoes. The only thing we are having for dessert is the cake. Which I have been thinking about ordering the little take home cake bags for favors so maybe it will actually get eaten.

Looking ahead to our engagement pictures on Sunday, thankfully the weather has improved from the other day. Instead of 44 and cloudy, it's supposed to be 56 and partly sunny which is good news. I wasn't looking forward to taking all my pictures under cloud cover. We went last weekend and picked out what we are going to wear which was an incredible pain in the butt. FH wears a men's small which are so incredibly difficult to find. Not to mention he's extremely picky. It took three stores to find something in his size that he would actually wear! Hell, I'm not even that bad lol. I'm hoping that my hair will come out allright too, I'm going to get it cut and styled that day and I haven't had the time to do any run thrus with the style I want. So here's hoping.

Go to fullsize image

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine