dress alterations-adding corset back

Online Users: 1,291 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 3

Hand2Gleason Posts : 4 Registered: 9/10/09
dress alterations-adding corset back
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 11:50 PM

Hi Ladies!!

I need some help. I bought my dress with the intention of changing the bridal button back to a corset lace up However, the girls at Alfred Angelo didn't inform me of the cost-$280! (that'll teach me to not ask 1000 questions) Has anyone done this alteration? Can you recommend a great seamstress who can do the alterations for less?

Thank you!

Steph

Soon2BAPrice Posts : 50 Registered: 4/7/09
Re: dress alterations-adding corset back
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: Hand2Gleason

check an outside seamstress...i bought a dress that ended up a size too small, and david's bridal quoted me at like $250, i think....BUT i found an outside seamstress, who could do it for like $150...but then, i also got lucky to see her work, because she was in the midst of doing a final fitting for a girl whose dress she'd done a corset to, and it was great work...she'd even adjusted the lace pattern, to meet the seam of the dress where the corset was...but then, i don't think she actually added a true corset. it looked like she removed the zipper, refinished the seam, added loops and a sating rope for the lace up part...but i know when she was lacing it up on the girl, she was yanking pretty well, and it didn't appear to be "pulling" on the dress, and the girl didn't have an expression of alarm, like she would if it felt like the dress might fall apart!

***I"m Gonna Be A Price!!***

March 20, 2010...God Willing!...

Pricex4, Plus 1 More!!!

NoisyDuck Posts : 19 Registered: 10/17/09
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: Hand2Gleason

You may contact sales@gownsforu.com as my friend send the dress to them for alteration and they charge very reasonable price. Online alteration....... I'm not sure. Maybe it's too risky......

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: Hand2Gleason

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine