Plus size brides!!

Online Users: 1,268 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 114

KLAM Posts : 28 Registered: 3/11/09
Re: Plus size brides!!
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Im kinda sad that this thread has gotten really quiet..

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: KLAM

I fail at figuring out how to post pics or links on this forum.... sigh But here is the dress I found (Someone not too far ahead of this post has the same one - I recognized it immediately!):

http://dodgercpkl.com/0918091725.jpg <--- front
http://dodgercpkl.com/0918091726.jpg <--- back

I went to David's Bridal thinking that I would start my search there at a place I knew carried at least some dresses my size and figured that I would figure out my size. I went in thinking "I don't want strapless" I mean who wants to do the wiggle dance all day on such an important day right? When I got there I think I tried on 6-7 gowns (I didn't even think they'd HAVE that many in my size!), and this one was #5 I think. From the moment I tried it on and walked out, my mom and I just loved it! It was so comfortable and beautiful! It was (even strapless) just what I had in mind as a wedding dress! My mom and I had walked in never thinking in a million years that we were going to find THE DRESS, but that's just what we found. :) We both agreed that we didn't want to wait and bought it then and there, 4 hours after we started looking! I think the thing I liked the most about this dress as well as the one that was the 2nd runner up, is that it's got the corset back. Of all the dresses that I tried on, the corset back ones did the most to accentuate my figure. I also love that tho this is strapless, I'm not even close to falling out of it which is a really nice feeling! :D I can't wait until it arrives and I can go pick it up!! :)

Jenny10371 Posts : 13 Registered: 4/10/08
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

dodgercpkl That's a beautiful dress! I actually got the same dress.... it's amazing and you look wonderful in it!!!

:)

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

I always feel bad for the newbies who can't post pics yet so here you go! It looks great

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Doger~ That is a lot like one of the dresses I loved at David's! I love the style of that dress and how it always seems to accentuate the bust area (which happens to be my fave part of myself!)

I am glad to see this thread picking up a little more!

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Tanis - Thanks for posting my pics. :) Is there a time length before I'll be able to? I use alot of forums and this seems to be the only one I can't figure it out on!! :P

Jenny - I couldn't remember your name as I was making my earlier post, but yes I saw you in the dress and you look fabulous! :)

Nessa - I agree. And I just loved how I tried it on and felt so... comfortable! and very much like a bride! :D

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

You are welcome. I went to the links you had posted, right clicked directly on the photos you posted and then pasted directly here. I do know the photos have to be on a website such as the site you used in order to post.

Posted: Oct 2, 2009 2:21 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

hmmm... in that case... does it usually show up blank? I honestly tried doing that but saw nothing there and decided there was something wrong so just posted links.

Soon2BAPrice Posts : 50 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

omg, i'm so glad there's a plus sized thread! i'm 5'5 and 175, but, after having a baby, my body is all out of whack! so while i only wear a true 12(or 14), my dress had to be an 18, or a 14w at DB...i didn't take any pictures of myself in my dress at the bridal shop, but i do have the dress here! so after my friend picks her kids up, i'll put it on, and take some pics of it ;) keep in mind i'll be taking pics in my hallway, not a salon ;)

but i def hated going to davids...they had great gowns that i fell in love with, but all were a 16(too small) or an 18(which was huge)...in their size i needed a 14w, and when i went, they had NONE in my price range in my size...strangely though, an 18 with casablanca, fits absolutely fine! in fact, b/c of the bodice, i'm not even buying a corset or long line bra ;) i'm just going to buy a really sexy, light blue bra/panty set! and maybe even thigh highs, if i can find them!

does anyone else have that issue? panty hose are either too small in a c, or too big in a q or d...thigh highs, are either MUCH too tight, OR the lace cup at the top, rolls down b/c it's too big! anyone recommend a site for that stuff?!

***I"m Gonna Be A Price!!***

March 20, 2010...God Willing!...

Pricex4, Plus 1 More!!!

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

I hear you on the pantyhose. I am also a 12/14 but my waist is 28 inches and each thigh is 26 inches. By the time I get the thigh to fit properly the torso is so large I can pull it up to armpits. One time for fun I put some on and had my sister pull them up over my arms and the top came up to my shoulders! Of course we were both laughing so hard we were almost falling over, and then I did fall over, with my arms in my pantyhouse. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

I have given up on the pantyhose and now I live in a very temperate climate where no one seems to wear them. I do find that the opaque tights with the lycra seem to fit a bit better and are less likely to run.

KLAM Posts : 28 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

For a lacy thigh high, have you tried a garter belt? It has little clasps that hold your hoses up. :)

NoisyDuck Posts : 19 Registered: 10/17/09
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

The dress is so pretty on you.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: NoisyDuck

BUMP

amoroth Posts : 2 Registered: 10/26/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: Aithori

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find this dress! I found these pics on the message board, but I've had no luck finding out who the designer is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hope everyone is having good luck finding the dress of their dreams!

http://www.hugs2009.com/dress1.jpg

http://www.hugs2009.com/dress2.jpg

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: amoroth

I don't know who makes that one, but it reminds me of Casablanca 1816.

Argh, I can't get a photo here, but just google image it!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine