Fell in love with a dress online, but cannot locate it at a store

Online Users: 1,233 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

goldielocks5 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/3/09
Fell in love with a dress online, but cannot locate it at a store
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:33 PM

Hello ladies!

I am new to the whole wedding planning process so please pardon my ignorance. I found a Maggie Sottero dress online that I love; however, I can't find a store that carries the particular style so I can try it on. I don't want to buy a dress online or order it through a store until I know that it fits, looks good, etc. Often buying dresses online means no returns or exchanges. Do you know if a dress can be ordered through a store w/o obligation to buying it? I think even if I ordered it, I have to wait 6 months for it to arrive, and then I suppose hope for the best.

Has anyone else run into this? Any advice? I am thinking the best advice is not fall in love with a dress online or in a bridal magazine. Stick to the stores!

Many thanks!
Jessica

TheDressAvenue Posts : 1 Registered: 9/30/09
Re: Fell in love with a dress online, but cannot locate it at a store
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 12:32 AM Go to message in response to: goldielocks5

Hi goldielocks5,
At The Dress Avenue, we accept Made to Measure wedding dress. You can email to thedressavenue@yahoo.com the pictures of the Maggie Sottero dress, and we will provide you with a no obligation quotation. Production time will take about 15 - 30 days, and about 3 - 10 days for shipping. You can visit www.thedressavenue.com for more info about us. Thank's

Renee86 Posts : 159 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: goldielocks5

There are bridal stores near you that sell Maggie Sottero dresses. I did a search and theres one in Alexandria, VA. Which isn't too far from D.C., assuming that is where you live and not just where the wedding is at.

Go here: http://www.maggiesottero.com/stores.aspx
And under the search in usa and canada, click virginia and you'll see the locations.

Edit: I reread your post and see you mentioned the stores didn't carry that particular style, not just Maggie Sottero in general. So sorry for the confusion lol. Have you went in and asked the store when they'd get the style in or if they could? I'm sure one would be willing to work with you on that.

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

http://reneenphillip.weebly.com

Edited by: Renee86 on Oct 2, 2009 2:50 PM

MissStephanie Posts : 6 Registered: 10/3/09
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: goldielocks5

I had the same problem with Maggie dresses. I fell in love with 3 dresses from the Destinations line and I called 4 stores that were between 30 min to an hour away from me and none of them carried even one dress. But one store did say that Maggie does a "loaner" program where they can send a dress to a certain store for you to try on, but then you would have to pay for the shipping of the dress ($40-60 is what I was quoted). But if you end up buying the dress, the store would credit that money you spent towards your purchase. I would ask stores if that's something they could do.

Good luck! :)

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: goldielocks5

If you can't find that particular style, try to find a salon that carries a selection by this designer, so you can try on some of her dresses. You'll get a good idea of the fit and the quality of her dresses. Even if you've not seen your exact style, you can feel somewhat more secure about ordering the dress sight unseen, because at least you've tried on dresses from the particular designer.\
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

amberandchris2010 Posts : 4 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 12:30 AM Go to message in response to: goldielocks5

What dress is it? I have the SAME exact problem!!!!! I found a Maggie online and no one within a 100 miles of me has it in stock. So I decided to try one several different dresses that look VERY similar.

shakinros Posts : 30 Registered: 1/5/09
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 1:33 AM Go to message in response to: goldielocks5

Yes, what MissStephanie said. You can often go into a store and ask them to order a loaner for you to try on. There will be shipping charges, but if it's around $50, I personally don't think that's too much to add to the cost of what might be THE dress. Ask any of the places you found near you that carry Maggie dresses if they will do this.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 9:26 PM Go to message in response to: goldielocks5

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless CockTail Beading Empire Waist Zipper Chiffon prom Dresas
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $118.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-cocktail-beading-empire-waist-zipper-chiffon-prom-dresas-p-32013.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine