wedding in 2 weeks, NO HONEYMOON YET!!! HELP!!!

Online Users: 1,257 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

FutureMrsJBiv Posts : 24 Registered: 4/26/08
wedding in 2 weeks, NO HONEYMOON YET!!! HELP!!!
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 8:37 AM

My wedding is on October 24, 2009. We live in Tennesee and would like to go to a nice beach somewhere that is not insanely expensive....any ideas?
Thanks for the help!

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Re: wedding in 2 weeks, NO HONEYMOON YET!!! HELP!!!
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

I think you could do it without spending too much money. Any beach on the east coast (North or South Carolina) is fairly close to you. It is "off season" and many hotels/resorts offer specials this time of year. Do some exploring online. I bet you could find some great deals. Sometimes you can talk private owners of cottages down. For example, on Hilton Head Island my sister talked down the owner of a four bedroom beachhouse from 1,500 a week to $400! They were not going to be renting it anyway and the owner was willing to take something rather than nothing. A lot of houses go empty this time of year. Hilton Head is very nice! Good luck!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

lifestyletraveler Posts : 3 Registered: 10/15/09
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

You have a short time but you have enough time to book it. Whats in your favor is that alot of deals are currently out because its that time of year. If you need assistance feel free to contact me.

Corwyn Patterson

Owner

Lifestyle Romance Travel Agency

www.lifestylegetaway.com

shakinros Posts : 30 Registered: 1/5/09
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 1:11 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

Yes, Hilton Head or other Carolina shores. Outer Banks of NC? Jekyll Island in GA?

Or how about further afield in Mexico? That's still only a couple hours by plane to TN. Get online. I bet you can find some great deals this time of year. Priceline.com perhaps? If they still have availability, I'm sure any resort would be happy to rent you a room on short notice for way cheap.

Good luck!

SoontobeMrsGlover Posts : 79 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: shakinros

I too was going to suggest Mexico. There are a number of gorgous beaches and resorts that are very affordable. You can find some fabulous deals, especially right now becuase the Mexican Board of Tourism is trying to boost tourism again. Some of my favorite places are, Cabo San Lucas, La Playa, and Cozumel. Any beach town in Mexico will be a good choice though. Good luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine