Should I apply to be on Bridezillas???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 43

hisgirl1 Posts : 12 Registered: 10/9/09
Re: Should I apply to be on Bridezillas???
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

Yeah, I think extreme cases like that aren't bridezilla moments. I would never steal, and I refuse to go off on my FH. I know I will however be very stressed and bridezilla like though. I'm a worry wart/perfectionist.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Sorry... but that show features BRATS who, under stress, choose to make
everyone around them miserable. And to find out that the producers go
out of their way to stress out the bride? The answer is a resounding NO
WAY would I agree to do that show.

But if that's what you want to do...allow a bunch of people in to video
your day and CAUSE you additional stress on a day when I promise you
regular people will do that quite well enough on their own without any
producers doing things like letting the air out of your fiance's car
(my DH's battery died the morning of the wedding) so that he's running
late or gets grease all over his tux, or put out the wrong cake....if
you want to ask saboteurs to bring in more stress on an already
stressful day... knock yourself out.

I would agree whole heartedly.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 11:56 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

So, is this a scam? Do you
work for Bridezilla's?

An honest question (not that I expect you to answer) - BUT you haven't entered ANY info. You haven't EVER replied or posted before this OR on anything BUT this thread.

How do we even know that you are legit?

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

They are filming during the most stressful time of wedding planning--the week of the big day. Any bride would have a few blowups, crying spells of moments of panic. Quite honestly I'm sure you all have freaked out about something at some point prior to planning your wedding.

No, I didn't. There was not one moment in a year of wedding planning that I 'freaked out' and threw a tantrum. There were times when I was annoyed - like when vendors claimed that they could only meet with me while I was at work (still don't get that one. How do you have a successful business when you're not available at times your clients can meet? I went with other vendors), or when tulle just would not behave the way I wanted it to - but never a tantrum or breakdown. For God's sake, it's a wedding - it's not rocket science! Even if everything went wrong, the only people who would have known it were my closest family and friends - very little pressure, there! Heck, even when the package containing my BMs gowns was randomly selected for Homeland Security screening while on the way from the designer to the bridal salon (true story), I didn't freak out. Yes, my heart beat quickly when I saw the message on the UPS tracking site that said 'Package lost or destroyed - please contact UPS' - but I calmly called the bridal salon, informed them of the new development, and asked what they could do to get the dresses replaced in time for the wedding.

You also mentioned that the week before the wedding is the most stressful. Really? Because other than receiving a million phone calls to confirm and re-confirm things, the week before my wedding was pretty stress-free and fun. There wasn't anything left to do except relax and start enjoying all the stuff we had planned. And I'm not a super-organized person, either. I'm just competant enough that I don't leave major things to the last minute or plan things that I can't afford (which seems to be an issue on almost every episode of Bridezillas that I catch). It really wasn't hard.

Planning a wedding isn't THAT stressful. Yes, some women put a lot of pressure on themselves to have 'the perfect day', but it doesn't require tears, tantrums, or screaming matches. No, I don't think we're judging them unfairly at all. They're idiots. I have no idea how some of these women are able to function in the real world if things as easily fixed as the baker making the wrong kind of cake for a tasting cause them to throw tantrums. I know two-year olds who react better to minor stressors.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

XYZ1 Posts : 367 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

I think you're maybe being a bit unrealistic about what your episode of "Bridezillas" would look like, hisgirl1. You mentioned that you think the show was better and featured less-crazy women in the first two seasons. But the show is now in its 6th season (thanks, Wikipedia!) and based on the handful of episodes I've seen, the women they cast now come across like complete psychos -- not the sort of thing you'd want to use to make professional contacts! If you want to know how you'd come across in an episode of Bridezillas, don't look at what the show was doing 5 years ago -- look at what they're doing now.

Best-case scenario, they decide you're not crazy enough for them and don't accept your application to be on the show. Worst-case scenario, they decide they can make you crazy enough, and they sabotage your wedding like Howard described in order to get dramatic footage. Do you really want to be surrounded by people who are deliberately trying to push you to the brink on your wedding day?

Also, if you google "Bridezillas regret being on show" you get lots of hits like this one: http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article794016.ece . "Bridezilla" Dawn now faces people pointing and whispering at her when she goes out in public. Tons of people looked her up on MySpace and posted threats and insults, and bloggers ripped her apart -- her mom says she was "devastated." She says most of her worst behavior (like yelling at her fiance to lose weight while eating a box of donuts) was her following the producers' directions, but that people watching the show assumed that it was "reality TV" and she was actually like that all of the time.

If you think it would be fun to have your wedding on TV, isn't there another wedding show that you could apply for, one that won't try to drive you crazy and portray you as an awful human being?

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

I no longer need opinions on the matter. At the end of the day, it is my choice. No I don't work for the show...that is stupid. And if you have already given your opinion, great. Although I think it is really immature to insist on coming back to start drama especially after I said I don't care to go back and forth with those who are confrontational. All it takes is one post, you don't need to keep coming back enforcing your opinions in a very rude manner.

Edited by: hisgirl1 on Oct 14, 2009 11:51 AM

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

I don't judge people for bad behavior during stressful times, such as planning a wedding.

I do judge people for being on certain reality TV shows. To be blunt, I refer to them as narcissistic fame whores.

Don't get me wrong -- when a person on a reality tv show appears to be interested in something unrelated to fame itself -- be a professional singer, dancer, win a million dollars, for example -- I see the point. And when the history of the show demonstrates that it is not interested in simply showcasing bad behavior, I cut people some slack.

But a show like Bridezillas is only interested in showing people at their worst behavior. And should it not come about naturally, they will provoke it. And if someone goes into the show knowing that, yes, I feel free to judge them harshly.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

From this last post, I really don't understand why your wanting to be on bridezillas. Your complaining about the "drama" started on here, and this isn't even drama, it's just people that you don't even know giving you the opinions that you asked for. What are you going to do when you have a film crew come into your house and spend one of the most important days of your life with you, and there intentions are to create drama? This is not drama on here, and if you think this is, you are really going to have a wake up call when your on bridezillas!

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

I no longer need opinions. I have made up my mind. Let the thread die.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

OP, seems to me you made up your mind long ago, waaay before asking us for our opinions on whether or not you should go on the show.

I have absolutely no idea why you even ASKED, quite frankly. Since its obvious you are not interested in hearing any other opinion, and you have your mind set on being a Bridezilla.

So, be one. Have fun. And enjoy the consequences.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I sure will.

tellyy Posts : 27 Registered: 10/31/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

LADIES,LADIES,DID YOU HEAR HISGIRL IS SAYING,SHE WANTS TO BE AN ENTERTAINER,AN ACTRESS SO,IF THAT MEANS BEING IN THE LOWEST OF ALL THE LOWS OF ENTERTAINMENT,SO THEN BE IT .LEAVE HER ALONE ALREADY.SHE ALREADY MADE UP HER MIND.I SAY KNOCK YOURSELF OUT,HISGIRL1

tellyy Posts : 27 Registered: 10/31/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

THEN AGAIN,SHE COULD BE CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZY! LIKE A FOX CAN YOU SAY ''NUTS'' AND CUCKOO,CUCKOO AND LOONEY BIN!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

Don't do it! This is your wedding day, why would you want cameras following you around all day & creating problems to try & stress you out? It just seems silly to me- for me, it's a simple "No Way!"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine