Should I apply to be on Bridezillas???

Online Users: 1,241 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 43

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Re: Should I apply to be on Bridezillas???
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

I've often said that the first sign to a man that maybe he shouldn't marry this woman should be when the Bridezillas team shows up at his front door.

Just a thought.

Look, if you think it will be fun, then do it. Just know that you're turning your personal wedding day into a videotaped fiasco by choice (because if it's not a fiasco, it won't get aired, and if it doesn't get aired, then it won't do your future in the entertainment industry any good anyway).

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

honestly, do you really want the entire world thinking that you are a crazy bitch? i wouldn't.
the chances of becoming famous because you have appeared on a reality show are extremely slim. think back to most reality "stars" that you know, most of them are not seen in a positive light. and most people don't actually think any of them have any actual talent. doing this show would most likely be a detriment to your future career, not an asset.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

Wow, you're serious. I was sure this post was going to be a joke - like somebody did something crazy and was sarcastically suggesting that they go on Bridezillas.

I'm not sure what I could say that hasn't been said already, but in a word: No. Personally, I wouldn't be willing to take the risk to my future. I wouldn't hire someone that I had seen on Bridezillas (even if she appeared comparatively sane), and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The bottom line, however, is that the show isn't interested in sane-but-stressed brides. They're looking for the crazy people because that's what gets the ratings. If you want to be on the show, you'd have to lower yourself to their standards. If that's a small price for you to pay to get some exposure on TV, then go for it. Honestly, I think it's likely to do more harm to your reputation and professional prospects than good.

Plus, you'd have some Bridezillas producer knocking over your wedding cake just to piss you off. I'm normally a laid-back person who wouldn't be flustered if my cake was legitimately knocked over - but if some show producer sabotagued it simply to get a reaction out of me, I WOULD be pretty pissed.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Soon2BAPrice Posts : 50 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

lol i thought the same time!

not just that, but like one PP said, who even remembers them? i remember ONE and that's only because she made nat'l news the day after her wedding, and got arrested, b/c her appearance on the show violated her probation...if the team showed up at my door, fh would pack up and tell them they can sleep in the spare room :/

if you want to do something like that, go for my fair wedding, or rich bride/poor bride(do they still do that one?).....i'd LOVE to do MFW lol...but def NOT bridezillas...i wouldn't care if i was a starving actress, b/c rather than seeing someone who's got "exposure", it's quite possible a future employer would be more worried about you going off the deep end at work, and other clients/companies, not taking the company seriously....well, a smaller company, idk about a super large one....

***I"m Gonna Be A Price!!***

March 20, 2010...God Willing!...

Pricex4, Plus 1 More!!!

hisgirl1 Posts : 12 Registered: 10/9/09
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Ladies,

I think there are some brides who go too far like the cake smashing lady. But lets be honest here people. They are filming during the most stressful time of wedding planning--the week of the big day. Any bride would have a few blowups, crying spells of moments of panic. Quite honestly I'm sure you all have freaked out about something at some point prior to planning your wedding. The only difference is that these women do it on tv. I feel like some people are a little too harsh when it comes to judging other brides. If someone captured your blowups on film, you might be considered a bridezilla too. Most brides freak out at some point, and then there are those brides who are in denial and likely think they are angels. I think the stigma is a bit much. It's not like these women are murderers or rapists. They are just stressed out brides. Yes, some of them go a bit too far, and they are wrong for that...but others are just normal stressed brides. It's amazing how judgmental and hateful people can be about women who go on this show. I have seen blogs and etc where people say they wish the girls were dead and really mean things.

At any rate, thanks for your opinions everyone.

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

Actually I did break down crying the night before my wedding, for a totally irrational reason. It was ridiculous really. But I didn't make a scene or anything. I took the phone to the back yard, called my FH and cried hysterically for no reason. I think it is normal sometimes for us to have meltdowns in highly stressful situations. That is one reason why I decided to become a professional bridal counselor! Hopefully, I can help future brides avoid bridezilla like behavior! :)

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

If someone captured your blowups on film, you might be considered a bridezilla too.

And maybe I don't think too highly of those brides that put themselves into that situation. I sure as hell don't feel sorry for them.

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I'm not saying you should feel sorry for them. My point is that some people act as if they don't have "bridezilla" moments. It just seems a bit judgmental and "holier than thou."

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

Well, maybe it just takes a special person to put themselves on display like that and I'd slap any of my friends silly for considering it.

So, I wouldn't be friends with a person who do that.

So, no, I think they are idiots. My opinion, my right.

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

It seems as if you are being a bit confrontational. All it called for was a simple opinion/answer. You didn't need to curse or start talking about slapping people and etc,. It's one thing to say no I would not go on the show, but you don't have to be rude about it.

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

Where did I curse? Are you referring to my use of the word 'idiots'? If so.... yeah-a.

You wanted opinions, I gave it. You didn't bother to answer most questions asked.

Why do you care what a bunch of random people on a public forum think?

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I really don't care to go back and forth with you.

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

OK. Don't. Again, on not answering any questions.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

I was a very laid back bride. In fact, there are two incidents (only two) during the entire planning process where I got mad...and in both cases, those were fully justified reasons, and I didn't have a screaming fit in either of them.

1. My wedding ring vendor. Those who have been around for a while will remember my ring saga. Getting married in September, we ordered our rings in November...PLENTY of time. We were told it would take two to three weeks. By May, after several times calling to check on the status, we'd had it. Every time we called, they'd say "Oh, we had a problem opening the file" or "Oh we didn't get this from you." Never once did they pick up the phone and call us. At one point in March, I said a snarky thing to the jeweler. It was, and I quote, "Do you know how to use the phone to dial?" I mean, since everytime I called him, he relayed a problem that he should have communicated to us when it was discovered, it did seem a reasonable question. I also then decided that my DH needed to be the one to deal with them, because my zilla was DYING to get out at him. In May, when we went in to pretty much demand our refund, I was polite. I was courteous. I did not yell. But I did absolutely demand a full refund of our deposit, and that store credit was not acceptable, despite their "no refund" policy. The girl actually said "Well your wedding isn't until September" and I responded with "No, but you told us two weeks six months ago. Pardon me if I don't trust your shop any more."

2. My bridesmaid. I asked everyone to be ready to LEAVE the hotel at 3:30 so we could get to the church by 4. First look was being done at 4:45, and I was getting ready there. Clearly, this is NOT an unreasonable request. The reason everyone had to be ready is that DESPITE me telling everyone that I was going to be busy and would not be able to schlep them around, and that they would need to rent a car (or at least split a rental), none of them rented a car, which left me having to cart them to the church. 3:30 comes and bridesmaid is not ready. My MOH is not answering her phone. 3:35, bridesmaid is still not ready and MOH is still MIA. 3:45, I call bridesmaid and MOH answers (but I don't recognize her) so I ask her if SHE knows where MOH is. At this point, my voice is a bit squeaky. My mother is trying to get me to leave without them, and I'm trying to explain to her that I know she's trying to help, but she is making me more stressed out. FINALLY at 3:50, Bridesmaid is ready. The kicker? MOH and I have been running around all morning, picking up the food trays and dropping them off at reception site, picking up the drinks, getting the hair done. The tardy bridesmaid? She didnt' have to do ANYTHING all day except be ready at 3:30. Nevertheless.... I didn't yell at her. I didn't hollar or scream. Yes, there was stress in my voice because she made me run late ON MY WEDDING DAY! HELLO. And I get stressed on a normal day if someone makes me run late. Her response? "OH I didn't realize we needed to be there at 4:00" Because you weren't listening!

We get to the church, and we get ready for photos...we do First Glance, on schedule (because I rushed final getting ready due to tardy bridesmaid)...and then DH's family is absent. (Oooh, we almost had groomzilla on this one. His entire wedding party was not there at 5:00 when we told them to be there) His mom showed up at 5:45... for our 6 pm wedding. So all of the pictures we intended to take pre-ceremony? couldn't do.

yet...somehow, I managed to NOT be a bridezilla and hollar at the people who had caused all this stress.

Somehow, I had sense to know that I am an adult and should not be throwing a temper tantrum because things are not going as planned.

Sorry... but that show features BRATS who, under stress, choose to make everyone around them miserable. And to find out that the producers go out of their way to stress out the bride? The answer is a resounding NO WAY would I agree to do that show.

But if that's what you want to do...allow a bunch of people in to video your day and CAUSE you additional stress on a day when I promise you regular people will do that quite well enough on their own without any producers doing things like letting the air out of your fiance's car (my DH's battery died the morning of the wedding) so that he's running late or gets grease all over his tux, or put out the wrong cake....if you want to ask saboteurs to bring in more stress on an already stressful day... knock yourself out.

Misty

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: hisgirl1

There's a difference between being a bridezilla moment, and being a bridezilla. When someone steals from their fiance, or backstabs there lifelong friends, I'm sorry but that is just what type of person they are, they're not just having a "bridezilla moment".

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine