Bouts & Corsages

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

amyburg Posts : 3 Registered: 7/4/08
Bouts & Corsages
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 3:35 PM

My wedding is a semi-formal afternoon wedding with no wedding party. Do I have to give boutonnieres and corsages to the mothers/grandmothers and fathers/grandfathers? I could save a lot of money by skipping it. My mom doesn't like cut flowers anyway. Will anyone notice or care? Should I let them know they won't get flowers so they aren't disappointed? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but, is this even necessary??

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Bouts & Corsages
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: amyburg

Dear Amy,

If you skip them entirely, I'd like to bet no one will notice, nor care.

You might want to ask the people involved, individually. Mom, Grandma, etc. You're not talking about a whole crowd of folks.

If one of those people looks really crestfallen when you suggest you might skip the pinned-on flowers, then you can reconsider. Or just get them for that one person.

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 6:26 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Dear Aunt,
Thank you for the response. I'm glad you used the word cresfallen, because I don't think anyone will be. And with such a small wedding, it's not like people won't know who's who. Well, that saves me $!
~Amy

WonderfulDay1102 Posts : 18 Registered: 10/13/09
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 11:06 PM Go to message in response to: amyburg

Another option would be to give a rose to the Ladies. (I doubt any of the men would care.) Have a great wedding. :-)

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: WonderfulDay1102

Thanks,that's true, men don't care about flowers. I see you are from the Atlanta area, do you know of a good florist?

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: amyburg

I agree with the PPs. Ask the people involved and the guys won't care. My husband didn't wear a bout because I knew it would line up with my face! I imagined every time we slow danced I'd get an eyeful of flower.

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: amyburg

Eagle's Landing Floral Design is really good... they are in south Atlanta, but they'll do weddings all over metro Atlanta.

38.jpg picture by JeWareGT

WonderfulDay1102 Posts : 18 Registered: 10/13/09
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: amyburg

Since you asked... Harry's Farmers Market by the "Big Chicken" is where the flowers below came from for cost plus 15% for the bouquets, the bride's bouquet, maid of honor, 3 attendants, six boutonnieres and two corsages of live roses for under $200 dollars! Copyright Robert Pedersen Studio Inc. 2003

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine