Wooden Flowers?

Online Users: 1,240 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

acwilde Posts : 13 Registered: 7/25/09
Wooden Flowers?
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 9:25 AM

I am having a winter wedding, my budget is very low, and i also just think the idea of wooden flowers is interesting. i want to use small close bud wooden roses in my theme colours - white, black, steel blue and silver for all of the decorations and bouquets.
the only problem i'm having is that i'm afraid it might end up looking like i simply did it for budget reasons, and make my reception and cerimony look cheap.
what do you think?

Edited by: acwilde on Oct 13, 2009 9:26 AM

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: Wooden Flowers?
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

I have never heard of this! But I think you could make it look really awesome. I would use wooden flowers in other areas too, such as decorating the reception. Maybe around the cake.

How much are the wooden flowers? It seems like they would be more than a real flower.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

I used to have a vase of wooden flowers that I just loved. I agree with the PP about using the flowers in centerpieces etc and not just the bouquet/s. I think in order to pull this off I would go with a consistently modern looking wedding so the flowers look intentional rather than budget oriented.

Here is a pic of wooden roses. I think they are gorgeous.

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

Go for it! People are getting creative with their flowers these days; I've heard of knit or crocheted bouquets, felt flowers, blooms made from ribbon or fabric, oragami or paper, and even metal.

Personally, if I were a guest I'd think it were cool, BUT it shouldn't matter what other people think. The only opinions that matter should be yours and your fiances.

WonderfulDay1102 Posts : 18 Registered: 10/13/09
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

What a cool idea! I've seen wooden flowers in decor and it looked great. If you want it, it would totally work. If you feel like you are doing just to save money you have allot of other alternatives given the amount of time you have between now and then. For example if you rented a vase for about $8 you could do this for about $15 Every time I've used it, I get great reviews and very cheap. Good Luck!

Suspended Rose

acwilde Posts : 13 Registered: 7/25/09
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

thank you for all the positive comments! i thought it was a wonderful idea, but have never seen it before, so was wondering what other people thought. i have a tendancy to tear down my own ideas at the get go.
hello AGD. i found a website flowersofwood.com that sells wooden flowers in bulk and you can buy 800 long stem close bud roses for $200. and you can get them in up to 56 different colour options.
but money was not the only option. i also thought wooden flowers would easily suit my winter theme as well.

hill3944 Posts : 3 Registered: 10/22/09
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

Just an idea, but with wooden flowers they could also double as favors for your guests, and save you more money. I think it's a great idea!
"Marriage is the perfection of what love aimed at, ignorant of what it sought." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

eagerandengaged Posts : 1 Registered: 7/24/09
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

I saw a beautiful set of bouquets made out of acorns sprayed with different color glitter. The bouquets I saw were sprayed with silver and ice blue glitter. This looked absolutely stunning. Since it is a winter wedding I feel that this would look awesome, plus its very inexpensive.

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: eagerandengaged

Have you thought about using small candles? Having one candle in the middle (a larger one) in a glass vase would be nice also with maybe some flower petals surrounding it? Candles are definitely a way to save money and create a romantic ambience. Good luck!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine