Why we love Electra Cruises

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,755

Chrissybear86 Posts : 25 Registered: 11/30/08
Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

Hey girls so i am looking for a place to have a rehersal dinner at up in the Newport Beach/ Huntington Beach area. Since i dont live up there yet ( im still in San Diego my fiances up there) i dont know the area all that well. Anyone have any suggestions for a resturant for a rehersal dinner? I am looking for maybe a buffet we have around 40ppl so i need to find a place that is economical for our large group.. Any suggestions would be very helpful! :)

RetroBride Posts : 16 Registered: 4/18/08
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

We're having our rehearsal dinner at the Ayres Hotel and Suites in Costa Mesa. They have a really good restaurant and the food is fabulous. The catering manager is such a blast to work with and they were willing to work withing my budget. If you can eat there, and meet with their catering staff, it may work out for you. It was a very pocket book friendly option and the hotel is lovely inside. :)

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

We are eating at the restaurant Villa Nova which is directly across the harbor on Newport Beach (you can see it from Electra) they have delish Italian and have a great banquet room and stuff... also have live music at nite and stuff so I'm about 95% sure that's where we will be having it.

-Laura, the future Mrs. Lewis

110709 Posts : 11 Registered: 11/5/08
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 12:27 AM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

We're doing our rehearsal at BJ's Pizza and Brewery. It is one of our favorite places and you have get meals starting at under $13 a person. We are renting out the top floor there. I'm excited about it but it is a litte more casual

2009wed Posts : 6 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: 110709

hello girls, does anyone know if electra will allow rehersal on a weekend?

Chrissybear86 Posts : 25 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: 2009wed

When i talked to my agent the only way we could have a rehersal during the weekend is if it was the day of the wedding. Example: If your 12-4 on the boat then it would be earlier that morning. Talk to you agent maybe she will let you have it the day before if they dont have another event scheduled!

AKbride888 Posts : 9 Registered: 10/4/09
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

Hi everyone!!!

Im totally new here but I read all the forum pages. Im so excited to be part of this forum and everyone seems to be really nice and supportive!!!

I haven't signed with Electra Cruises yet. I met with Allison last week and I have to say I fell in love with eternity!!!

I just wanted to make sure I did all my research before I finally sign up and pay the 2k deposit.

I need your help though, If you guys don't mind me asking, how much are you willing to spend on your wedding? Me and my Fh are trying to stay within the budget and we really wanna know if this is do-able! help!

Edited by: AKbride888 on Oct 4, 2009 9:25 PM

Soon2bMrsHultner Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: AKbride888

We are having our dinner rehearsal down the street, across from the Newport pier at The Old Spaghetti Factory! It is my favorite restaurant and they have good italian food for a really good price! The ambiance there is also a lot of fun! Here is their website...

http://www.osf.com/

The only problem you might run into there is the parking for 40 people, unless most of your group is carpooling.

Good luck finding a restaurant!

destinywedding Posts : 3 Registered: 10/11/09
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: 1donniedarko1

Hello I am new here but wanted to let you know about our experience on the Destiny 10/03/09. Every thing was perfect!

Allison was our coordinator prior to the wedding and was very patient and answered all our calls and questions in a timely manner.

Susan was our wedding day coordinator and was absolutely FANTASTIC! If it is at all possible to request a wedding day coordinator I recommend you try to get her (I don't know if you can request one though). Being the mother of the bride, I don't know how we would of had such a perfect night without her. She anticipated our every need before we even knew we needed it. In fact the entire crew aboard the Destiny that night were fantastic.

The food was fantastic. We had the Winter Wonderland Buffet for 120 quests. Prime Rib, Salmon and all the sides including passed Hors d'oeuvres. My complements to the Chef!

The cake from Cinderella Cakes was also delicious. Since my daughter picked it out I am not absolutely certain, but I believe it was a marble cake (I think a slight upgrade but worth it).

DJ Von was fabulous! My daughter gave him a play list and he did a great job getting people into what was happening! He ever offered a "light show" that was just right.

Since the wedding was only one week ago we do not have the professional pictures taken by "Inner Song Photography" but my little album I have posted shows two shots at their engagement shoot. They are a husband and wife team, Justin and Jessica. Both of them took pictures at the wedding and engagement shoot. Justin met early with the boys and Jessica met with the girls while they were getting ready. In addition they both took pictures all night long. We can't wait to see them.

Our flowers were made by our neighbor and were absolutely beautiful. In addition to 15 centerpieces she made the beautiful arrangement above the window for the ceremony the brides and bridesmaids bouquets and the grooms and groomsmen boutonnieres. They were beautiful.

Although we have been following this forum for months now, we never joined until I felt the desire to praise those at Electra Cruise and everyone else who helped my daughter and "son" have such a perfect night to remember.

I want to wish all the best of luck to those of you still planning and waiting for you special day! I hope you all have as great an experience we did.

Amy805 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 3:18 AM Go to message in response to: destinywedding

Hi Everyone, this is my first post here so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I've recently been engagened and I found Electra while poking around online for a wedding venue. My FH and I would like to get married beofore June of 2010. This leads me to my question- for people that have already reserved a date with Electra Cruises, did you have to book far in advance?

Thank you

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: Amy805

Welcome!

Let's put it this way, we wanted to get married April 24, 2010. At the end of January we picked that date with Electra and asked for a week or so to think about it without putting the deposit down. I believe that a week or two later we not only didn't have that weekend available in April but the other weekends were gone as well except the 17th, so we booked that date the first weekend in February of this year... so that was about 14 months in advance to us. Wedding season is beginning to get in full swing around April, and especially May so I'm sure they might be pretty booked most of that but I would definately check. If it's not booked yet it's filling up soon I'm sure!

Good luck and keep us updated!

-Laura, the future Mrs. Lewis

2009wed Posts : 6 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

Thank you, Chrissybear86. I will talk to my agent.

Your wedding is next week. Are you excited?

Amy805 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

I figured. It seems to be that way everywhere in southern california. I'm a Pennsylvania transplant so I was so surprised to hear that you have to book over a year in advance practically anywhere! I have my heart set on getting married on a boat so I'm going to take whatever I can get- even if it's a Monday!

Thank you for your response :)

destinywedding Posts : 3 Registered: 10/11/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

When my daughter decided on the yacht she wanted in June of this year, the only Saturday night available was in February of 2010. She booked the date even though she didn't want to wait that long. Then in July of this year she got a phone call that October 3rd cancelled and we could have that date. She took it and we planned the wedding in just 2 and a half months. Every thing worked out perfect. So once you decide on a yacht you might start preparing and tell your coordinator to let you know of cancellations. Good luck.

MrsWilletToBe Posts : 13 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: destinywedding

We got the date that we wanted on the yacht that we wanted -- but we booked 19 months ahead of time!

Just got back from an October wedding in the midwest - it snowed!! Glad that won't happen to me! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine