May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Re: May 2009 Wives
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Thanks for the assist Brooke! You'd think with everything going on i wouldn't get so obsessed over a ticker but I wasn't going to let it get the best of me! how is the job hunt?

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

haha it seems if we can conquer the little things we feel somewhat in control!!! Well, I have my application into a few places, 2 I feel good about, but playing the waiting game right now, hopefully will hear something early next week??

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

I hope as I am tyoing you have good news to report!

so here is a wedding question LOL I know thought we were done with those : )

Do people who you see on a somewhat regular basis now greet you everytime you see them with "how's married life?"

ughh I am getting so irritated with it, not by people I hardly see but the people who just asked me 2 weeks ago and had already asked 3 weeks before that....

I think my answer is going to be "good...I think...Why?! did you hear something?!"

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Stephy! YES! Everyone asks that! Then the next question is: When are you having babies?! Ugh! I know everyone means well, I guess we just hear it ALL the time so we get annoyed. Honestly, married life doesn't feel that much different than before. Yes, we get to see each other more and all that, but I don't feel that much different. Are you supposed to? I always answer that it's good, haha even though we're actually going crazy with job searches and roomates and neighbors!!

So no, unfortunately no news yet, I'm really hoping to hear something early this week though! Thanks for asking!!!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

LOL, I got TOLD this weekend not ASKED...TOLD by my MIL that I was going to be getting preggers soon. I said not for awhile and she looked totally shocked LOL I can't even stand it, too much.

the inspection on the new house went well so all seems to be goign well. how is the job hunt?

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Stephy- I think you and I are the only May 2009 wives that come on here anymore!! haha That's HORRIBLE about your MIL!!! Mine asked when we were going to have babies and I said we wanted to wait a year, to have to ourselves, she said "but you've had YEARS together!" ugh! I told her this was totally different, we want to enjoy married life for ourselves for awhile, I mean married life is pretty different than just dating! Plus, we're still not settled jobs/house/money at all yet, no reason to try to bring a child into that! so she said "well if you got pregnant now it still wouldn't come for 9 months!" WHAT!?!? Oy, guess we just can't win!! oh well! :)

Glad things with the house are going well! No job news yet, applying to places ALL the time! However DH had an interview yesterday and another one today for new FT jobs. Crappy thing is they are in Kansas and Kentucky, so big moves again! Oh well, we'll see what happens!!

Have you heard about the book "What no one tells the Bride"?? I just got it, there was a thread about it on here awhile ago, and it was like a penney on Amazon, so I got it, it's VERY good! I wish I'd had it during our engagment, but just kind of helps with issues that come up during engagment and the first years of marriage. I like it right now cause it talks about just enjoying the stage you're in right now, and not feeling like you have to rush right into the next stage. So now I don't feel like I HAVE to have a baby RIGHT NOW! haha

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

LOL, must be a mother in law thing! this wouldn't be her first either she already has 6 grandchildren and 1 on the way. At least mymom is content (for now) with her grand dogs.

I hope DH does well with the interviews and that if you have to move it is to a place that you two will both enjoy and be able to make you home. Do you have family or friends in either area?

I know we're the last two standing...didn't this process make a wedding addict out of anyone but us?

I'll have to check out that book, it sounds very helpful....my MIL might not like the advice in it but oh well LOL

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

I FINALLY GOT A JOB!!!!!! It's not really a position I would seek out, it's in sales, and that's just not my cup of tea. It's not in my field, it's for Shapes Total Fitness for Women. I LOVE to work out, so this could be good. Just feeling quite nervous about it, but so glad I'll be bringing in a paycheck! It's PT right now, but it's more money than I'm making just sitting around at home! haha I got a letter from a Vet Clinic I applied to asking to set up an interview. They said they're fully staffed right now, but this might help move me up the list. So maybe I can get into that here soon. I'd rather work with animals again so hopefully that works out! I'm just SOO bad at telling people I have to leave a job or something. DH says I really need to get over that, that it's a business and to quit feeling SO much loyality to a place. I just feel bad if it comes to that! But, guess I shouldn't worry about something that hasn't even happened yet, haha! Well, just wanted to share my good news!!

Hope all is well with you!!!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Oh Brooke that is great! Congrats! May not be the ideal job but I think it is better to be looking for something better while earning something than nothing. Does this mean you two may not have to move away now? I hope you find something with animals very soon. Don't worry about having to leave one job for the other people expect it and if you get friendly with someone it is so easy to keep in touch these days with the internet.

So happy for you. Did you have your first day yet? Are the people nice?

Our house is officially on the market as of tomorrow and our realto may have a showing lined up for Saturday. Yippee!!

Happy 4 month anniversary to us (a day late )

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Thanks Stephy!! I had my first day on Tuesday.... QUITE overwhelming! SO much to learn! I have to take all the classes so I can tell members about them, and I am SOO sore! I considered myself in shape, I mean I work out 4-5 days a week but all these classes make me do moves and things I don't do normally! So I can barely WALK now! haha It's fun though, did some dance type classes, I felt ridiculous, but they were a lot of fun. Did Yoga today, I've never done it and it was good class right about now cause it helped me stretch out a little. So that's cool.

I also have exciting news that I have an interview tomorrow witha vet clinic here!! They're not hiring right now, but the doctor liked my resume and wanted to have me come in and interview to maybe help me move up the list for when they might start hiring again. So it's not a guarantee, but it's a possibility. I love their hours and their clinic reminds me of one I used to work at, so I'm hoping I would get a FT job with them. The one I have now is PT, which is better than no time, but we have bills to pay! haha

We still don't know about moving, that depends on DH's job. He's applied to a position that opened up in his company and we're hoping they'll move him into it. He's qualified and already in the company... so we're just waiting to hear. He's interviewed with some teams in Houston and Pittsburg... waiting to hear from them too... so that's what determines where we'll end up. If he gets the job here we'll FINALLY get our own place! NO MORE ROOMATE!!! so we're still hoping we hear something soon and excited that things might start falling into place soon!!

Anyway, that's so awesome about your house! Sounds like things are looking up your way!! I hope it all goes well!! I know, 4 months, crazy!!! My photographer just sent us our photo book to proof online, it's SO awesome! I can't WAIT to get it!! Now if we could only get our DVD from our videographer! I think we're going to e-mail a lawyer friend of ours and see what we can do.

But anyway, hope all is well with you!!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

I started laughing when i read you had to take every class. It makes sense but wow. I'd be in the tub for days LOL

I have a good feeling with the vet clinic wanting to interview you somehow I don't but that it is entirely for the future.... if they like you thenough to bring you in they may want to fit you in now even if it is only a few hours a week. Good Luck.

I hope he gets the local job! Sorry to hear that it is coming down to this to get a response on your video. That stinks but I hope it gets results.

I will be so happy once our house is sold. We go on our honeymoon to Ireland Oct 30th so to have an acceptable offer before then would be great.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Just checking to see how all the ladies are doing. brooke how is the new job working out for you?

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Stephy, my job is going alright. Still learning, the ladies are nice, but definitely not my niche!! But it'll be ok for now and I'm SO happy this friday is PAY DAY!! My first paycheck in 5 months!! WOohoo!!! The bad news is, DH is no unemployed. His company hired someone's sister to fill the FT position he applied for. And since baseball is over, they don't need him in the position he had anymore either. So that was Saturday, and now he's looking for a job. 1 step forward and 2 steps back I guess.... very frustrating. So we're praying something will happen soon. He's applied to sub in the school system until he can get another job in sports and looking elsewhere too. We just want to get settled, move out of this apt with this crappy roommate and get on with OUR OWN life! ugh

Anyway, how's your house?!!?!? Getting excited for your trip in a few weeks??

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

ugh! that is awful, so sorry to hear that happened to him, Living in the smallest state in the union I am very familiar with the "it's who you know" thing.

We close on the new house Friday, very excited and we haven't sold our current home yet. We've had people look but so far no bites : ( I am so excited for Ireland, finally our honeymoon is here! we need the R&R now more than ever LOL

we have a few things planned like horseback riding so I am looking forward to it greatly! Hope your hubby gets some good news soon and enjoy that first paycheck, get yourself a little treat even if it is just some good chocolate!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine