Livid...fiance's family...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

neat62 Posts : 1 Registered: 10/8/09
Livid...fiance's family...
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 12:29 AM

This is a rant...as I have just had it. My fiance's family lives out of state...they want us to change our wedding date...the wedding date that has been set through the Church, set with the reception site and the one that has been shared via "save the date" notifications to friends and family.

They want us to change the date so that they can enjoy a "longer vacation"...actually...so ONE daughter can enjoy her Spring break. So we are supposed to put off our wedding, our lives, so they can have a "better one!"

I can't even believe the nerve...to top it all off they have "threatened" us with 1st "giving us a lesser gift" because it will "cost them more to come only for the wedding"...and two..."they won't come at all, if we don't change the date!"

We are not willing to change the date for 1) because we picked the date we did for personal and sentimental reasons....2) because Lent will be starting four days after our wedding and it is not proper to get married in the Church during Lent...which means we would have to wait until after EASTER! We could likely get our church to allow us...but I won't give up MY faith...so they can have their vacation!!!

Cracks me up too because I have invited his sisters to be bridesmaids...when we have discussed dress design options they have told me..."its your day, you choose what you like best!"....uhh...YEA...that's real sincere!

Worst off...my fiance is the only SON in the family and his parents are willing to miss his wedding because he's not abiding by their wishes...best of all, he's not a young kid....he's a man of 36 years!!!

Sorry, but they can bite off, stick their "gift" up their you know whats...and miss out on a beautiful day....Lord knows my family is excited and will be all too happy to share our special day with us!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Livid...fiance's family...
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: neat62

Well, honestly, I think you have the right attitude as in - stick to your guns. Let FH deal with his family and honestly, I doubt they won't be there.

Just try not to act out towards them - on here - all good.

As AOTB says, private thoughts vs. public actions or something like that.... LOL

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 8:34 AM Go to message in response to: neat62

Take a deep breath and let it out. Ok, now relax lol. Don't change your date, don't do anything different about your wedding. You already set things in stone. Let your fiance deal with his parents because you don't want to be in the middle of it. Let him also relax and just plan the wedding on the day that you two agreed on. If his parent's have a problem with it then that is there own fault. I am sure they won't miss the wedding. Let them be stressed over their selfishness. All you and your fh have to do is go along with the planning and relax and enjoy your wedding day.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: neat62

That's what is so great about these forums, you can come & express yourself & get things off of your chest without having a backlash. His family seems very selfish & as others have mentioned, it's their only son's wedding... they'll show. How rude of them to threaten not to come!
Girl, you've got your head right, don't worry about them. You & your FH just try yo enjoy yourselves!

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 18, 2012 7:19 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine