May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

JanetMichelle2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/7/09
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Hi all! I've been MIA with out-of-town visitors lately but I'm back now!

I got to show my future daughters-in-law (Caitlyn, 7 and Brianna, 9) my wedding dress last week. It was a very special moment as they both look up to me and call me mom : ) tear.. sentimental!

Toytoy, I love your reception hall.. It makes me wish I was getting to pick that stuff out but since my wedding is in Mexico, I get what the resort has. It looks beautiful, open, bright and airy. It also looks classy! Love the chandaliers and the facility looks like you are able to make it your own as it doesn't conform to a specific genre. Also, your programs look great. Very professional looking! I wish I was that talented. Do you need a special printer to do all of that?

FutureMrsKlein, thank you SOOO MUCH for the info about bridesmaid dresses. I looked at the specific dress you chose and guess what!? It is now $38 so I might be choosing the same dress. I was thinking about ordering all three I need (3 bridesmaids) and then if they don't work since I have plenty of time, I will send them back. Are you moving? Starting a new job? I actually am starting a new job next week (Yikes!) I havn't had a full-time job since I started my masters program about three years ago so I am NERVOUS!! Especially since it will take away from my wedding planning time : (

Beachbumm55, in my opinion brown and blue (cornflower) would beautiful together but each bride has their own style/preferences. I think it would be lovely though! ; )

I agree with others about the two different invites.. I would think that people would find out and feel insulted but thats just my two cents. : )

Hope all is well with everyone. I havn't done a whole lot of wedding planning lately. I did find an awesome set of Waterford crystal champagne flutes (retail about $140) I paid $44 so go me for being the bargain shopper! : )

Confidence is intoxicating!

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

I have not been on in a long time either. Everyone has done so much since the last time i read the boards! I used to post fairly often 3-4 months ago but have recently come down with the worst case of wedding ADD. I am really excited about the wedding and cannot wait to be married to my FH but confess I am not that interested in the actual planning. Its funny because I when I first got engaged I was so into it, but now I just find the whole thing exhausting. I work full time, am a full time student, plus my dad is really sick and one of my dogs has cancer (he is doing okay but requires a trip to the vet once a week). I guess a huge part of it is I just do not feel like I have time to be plan. So far I have a dress and a venue (not a full service venue so there is no food or anything else). Every time my mom tries to get me to focus on wedding planning I can feel myself getting stressed and my brain just turns off. I am not even that excited to go pick up my wedding dress this Saturday. All I can think about is the amount of other things I have to do and how the trip to the bridal solon will mean less time doing all the other things I have to do.

Has anyone else gone through this? How did you get the excitment back? How do you balance wedding planning and life? I know there are people out there who work, have kids are in school and still find time to plan plan plan. How do you do it with out going crazy?

Okay, I'm done with my complaining.

wedding tickers

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

YAY for getting to show your future daughters your dress. I'm sure that was special. I saw that they had reduced the price on the dress. My girls got them for $99, then they dropped to $60. All the girls were able to get the price difference. Now they are $30, but i'm not telling them- I don't want them to have to hassle with it again. The dress is very flattering though. I will warn you, which isn't needed if you are buying them, but still- there are two colors, red (which is $30) and garnet (which is the $99 still). They are phasing out red. So just make sure that you get all red, apparently they are slightly different colors. My mom and fmil called me like 10 times to make sure that everyone was getting the same color.

I totally get the being excited to be married but not for planning thing. I was there about 2 months ago. Just wanted to tie the knot. Maybe once you get your dress you'll get more excited!

We are moving- to hawaii! My fiance is finishing his PhD in December and we are moving the start of January for his job. Then the wedding in May. So a lot of stuff going on, very little of which I can actually do anything about. Plus I have to find a job. What is the job you are starting?

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Thanks for the heads up about the dress! I actually went ahead and ordered them to make sure they were all the same 'red' color. I'm so excited!

Hawaii!! Yeah! Thats awesome! I'm jealous. I'm sure you can beach-bum it for awhile in Hawaii if you don't find a job immediately ; ) I will be landlocked in NM for quite awhile.

I just finished my MBA in Public Admin a few months ago; I took a job as the wellness program administrator for the hospital I work for in ABQ. Yeah for me (although I am still not 100% sure what I will be doing!) hehe ; )

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Hi ladies! I miss being on here talking to you guys!! My new job has been having me busting my butt but it was worth it - I got promoted within 2.5 weeks to the position that I actually wanted!!! So then training kept me pretty busy but now Im finally doing my thing and have some time on my hands - ahhhh. But wedding planning has been going pretty well though!! Im ordering my dress next week sometime when I get a chance:

Couture Wedding Dress Style J1803

Its not from house of brides but thats the only pic of it I could find online (well I didnt look too hard tho lol)

And BM dresses are getting ordered by the end of the month - just waiting for my girls to make up their mind over which one of the two theyve chosen - I personally think the first one will look better with mine but I like both and Im letting them decide:

(instead of the white sash Id have maybe a skinnier pink color or something to tie in the pink in my wedding colors...)

Second one wont upload so heres a link:
http://watters.com/product.php?coll=watters&showid=975

I also had a consulation today with the florist that Im probably booking. Great prices and she gave me alot of ideas to think about!!

And Im defenitelly going the DIY route with invites but I really want pocketfolds ones and I dont think I can handle doing it alllllllll from scratch even though I really want to and probably CAN if I just put my mind to it soooo I found a website where Im ordering the actual pocketfolds from and then just doing the rest myself..still a moneysaver since pocketfolds tend to be more expensive everywhere I looked....

So has anyone else had like, a time when you and your FH were just at each others throats CONSTANTLY over finances involving the wedding????? Because me and my FH have juuuust finally seemed to settle down but Im not trusting him not to start up again with something just to pick a fight (hes been doing that lately - probably just stress and hes just letting it out on me?). Im already trying to cut corners everywhere I could and have given up a few things tat Ive always kinda wanted in my wedding - not a big deal because this is his wedding too - but yet it seems anything I say has him loosing his temper that "do i not realize were not millionaires and gotta watch where our $$ is going". Im aware that were not millionaires but my ideas or suggestions arent crazy lol. A typical wedding is what I want just everything personalized to fit US....and that doesnt cost extra its just what we choose!! GRRRRRRRRRR........so I guess Im still not over it lol...thanks for letting me vent though!!

Edited by: MrsS2010 on Oct 7, 2009 7:16 PM

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

MrsS2010 I LOVE your dress! It reminds me of a dress I loved but could not find (bc they don't make it anymore!) I even looked on used websites but no dice. : ( I thought I would post a pic anyway.. It's below, I don't know if it will work.

My FH and I have been fighting more lately too. I think that is typical pre-wedding fighting. It has gone down dramatically since my parents gave us a chunk of money for the wedding but in my opinion, the thrifty-er you can be now (and save the $) the sooner it won't be a stress therefore you won't be fighting about it. At least that is my theory and explanation to my FH and it seems to be working because he knows as soon as we have the amount we need in our wedding savings account we will be done saving and we can go back to our non-thrifty ways. : )

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

Thank you :) I love it too its just what I wanted. I do wonder sometimes if Im gonna regret not getting the bigger A-line kind of dress since that kind of dress Ill never get to wear again while something slim cut is basically every special occasion dress out there but - I feel like ME in it :) Hope FH loves it too!!

Yeah I think its cause we kinda have to go around putting down deposits and making the bigger purchases right now and to him its like omg a large chunk of money out the window all at once but - the way I see it is a little deposit here a little deposit there...as long as it all goes out slowly like that it just doesnt freak me out but him - hes a mess about money lol. I feel bad almost because were really not gonna be as badly off at the end once were married and stuff as he thinks...hes just thinking of worst case scenarios while I think realistically lol...ahhh oh well..it'll pass...I just thought we were crazier than other people because it was some really bad fighting!!!

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Btw, I cant see your pic of the dress!!

mrssankeyjr Posts : 60 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Hay ladies, I have a question..... What type of Tux's your FH/ grooms mend wearing? Where are they ordering from and what's the price range?

I singed up with tuxedo junction at a bridal expo... as they were running a special 99.00 per tux, groom and ring barrier free if party is over 5. But now we picked the suit vest and ties, and they are saying the total will be 139.00 each plus 10 damage deposit. Because of some special ordering they have to do.

I just wanted to know if there are any other deals out there.

Here is what we picked. Ivory suits with Latte colored vests and ties. The tux is called RIO if the link dosen't allow access.

http://www.tuxedojunction.com/product_detail_global.cfm?pid=819
love brings change

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: mrssankeyjr

Hmm, I dont think I can be much help here but my FH is planning to actually just buy a good suit from Express which generally run around 300 for what he wants but hes using discount cards tat they send out all the time and knows someone who works there who will use his employee discount on him as well so all in all it'lll be a lot less than that BUT it'll fit him perfectly unlike how rental tux's tend to be AND this is something he can keep forever after that as long as it still fits! so it worth it :)

Were trying not to rent as much stuff as we can because its money we will never see unlike buying - could be something useful for years after oooor just put it up on ebay for people like Toy to browse through and feed her addiction :)

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Hello ladies, hope everyone is having a nice Saturday night. I just ordered my save the dates. Yippie. One other thing down.

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 12:41 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

So my FH has the best luck in the world - today he got a gorgeous stainless steel wedding band for himself - for free! lol....looks sooo good on him too I loooved seeing him wen he put it on for me hehe. He was opening a store credit card I guess and their system was being all messed up or something so for him waiting they offered 3 things that he could choose from to get as a "gift" .... and there it was - his size - veeerrrry very very similar to what we had looked at for him and both liked a while back when we had randomly looked around at bands one afternoon. Crazy right?? And thing is he ALWAYS has stuff like this happen to him! So jelous! I should have taken him dress shopping! lol

P.S. Im not doing save the dates - is that bad?? I was just never planning to - word of mouth I think has always gotten the job done!

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 8:37 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Free ring? That's pretty cool. Lucky him!

I am not doing save the dates either. I am sending something to my out of town guest (postcards of our venue site with a note about the date) but other than that I am relying on word of mouth. My guest list is not set in stone so I am not comfortable sending out Save the Dates as they are kind of like pre invitations and anyone who gets one of those has to get an official invite.
I think if your not 100% sure about your guest list or if there is any chance you will have to change it at some point (either for budget reason or who knows) then you are better off not sending them. However, if you have a lot of out of town guest you are sure of you may want to give them something in writing with the date so they can make travel arrangements.
wedding tickers

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

That is really cool about the ring. What wonderful luck!

We are doing save the dates becuase we have a lot of people from out of town. Plus the place that does them is pretty cheap.

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Yeahhh I dont think Ill be needing to do the save the dates - everyone is either here or all in the same area of the west coast and theyre pretty tight and talk often with my mom and family here so Im sure it wont be a problem remembering lol. Ugh this weather is totaly killing my wedding planning mood - I plan all this stuff to do on my day off from work each week and then that day comes and goes and I get maybe one thing done off the list - anyone else feelin it?? Im alot more excited shopping for apartment stuff tho!! :)

I might be getting a great deal with an awesome photographer though :) Him and his wife are the ones I wanted all along and Ive been seeing a lot of them at various weddings weve both worked at all summer long (I would be there doing the makeup and there they are doing the photography!) So I was doing a wedding this sunday and they were there again and he told me he's opening up a studio in the area and wanted to use me to help them set up a whole makeup area and tell them what to buy and stuff and then they want to use me to come in and do photography makeup for them when clients request it!! Well I was like (jokingly) "heyyyy so if I do this for you guys you'll shoot my wedding for free huh??" hehe and hes like well not compleeetely free but Im always up for returning favors and we really love your work so we'll talk!! Eeeeek!! :) Hope it works out!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine