how long for pics?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

riderzblock Posts : 65 Registered: 10/30/07
how long for pics?
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 11:42 AM

I was married 8/7/09, it's been 8 weeks and the photographer still hasn't gotten our proofs online. I have emailed him a couple of times, he says he will have them "soon". I wondered, how long did others wait for the professional pics? Am I being too impatient? I already paid them so I don't really have any leverage!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: how long for pics?
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

I am not positive since I have not gotten married yet but I think the average time to wait for pictures is a week-a month after the wedding. I can't imagine having to wait longer than a month! You do have a signed contract right? If anything you have that as proof to show that you paid already. I'm hoping you kept all the receipts as well. Keep calling him and emailing him for the pics. Sometimes the best thing to do is to nag them so they can speed up the process!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Yeah, I have contracts and receipts for it all. The contract, conveniently, does not mention a timeline for getting the proofs. But my advice is to have it in the contract if you can-also, if you can make the contract with your photog so that you don't pay in full until the proofs are delivered, then they have some incentive to get a move on.

I have been nagging via email but most of my emails go ignored, or he just lies and says he will have them in the next couple of days.

quanDnguyen Posts : 1 Registered: 10/7/09
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 6:07 AM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

hello, I am a professional photographer myself. Post processing really varies on different photographers. I normaly deliver proofs in 2 weeks. However, depending on how popular the photographer is and how much work he has to go through it could take as long as 60~90 days.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: quanDnguyen

I got my pics yesterday. Overall I was kind of dissappointed. Even though they were there for the whole reception they didn't have any pics of the bouquet or garter toss, or the exit with sparklers. Lots of the pictures were so far away, I wouldn't consider buying most of them:(

BeckiSou22 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

My photographer doesn't put the pictures online but He had my album and dvd's ready in a week

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine