any other "offshore" brides?

Online Users: 1,274 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Soon2BAPrice Posts : 50 Registered: 4/7/09
any other "offshore" brides?
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 1:47 AM

as in, your fh/dh works offshore? i can't stand hanging with the wives i've met, of his coworkers, b/c they're all bitchy, and if you even HINT of a problem in your relationship, or problems in general, it's an effin phone tree, and their hubby's take it to work with them!....so i was wondering if there were any other of you ladies on here?!

***I"m Gonna Be A Price!!***

March 20, 2010...God Willing!...

Pricex4, Plus 1 More!!!

Edited by: Soon2BAPrice on Oct 2, 2009 1:58 AM

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: any other "offshore" brides?
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

no... sorry. I take it that they all think they need to hang out together too. I hope you're able to find a group of people to associate with who are not like that.

Misty

Soon2BAPrice Posts : 50 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

blah...yea actually they do...all but a few, but they're either older, and have been here in houston long enough to make friends...the other ladies, again they all hang out together, and it's just really weird. the part i find funniest with fh's company, is the salaried guys are actually on salary b/c their position isn't full time...but their wives are actually the meanest, b/c apparently they don't get the whole concept of the reason their husbands are on a small salary, is b/c they aren't needed often enough to be paid hourly...lol they have it reversed, that their husbands get paid to sit home, b/c they're invaluable...lol sorry, but the dynamics of the company are really weird...

***I"m Gonna Be A Price!!***

March 20, 2010...God Willing!...

Pricex4, Plus 1 More!!!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

Honestly I don't even know what that really means. However I can probably relate. I am a 40 year old woman who married at 38, no kids, originally from west coast of Canada, married to an American raised in the south and we currently live in SE America. I am a Buddhist in a bible belt (not offensive term, it just is). Some days are great and some days I feel like I am on another planet.

I have adjusted by looking at my "faith" and realizing the commonalities amongst other people and religions/philospy's.

I have relied on brides.com and some other sites to find commonalities with other people in this country so I don't feel too alienated.

I have asked my family for backup on occasion.

I have confided in my husband when I really feel out of place.

Whenever possible I have used my different background to my advantage. Not cynical, but for example, at a party when there is a lull in conversation or an opening I will state where I from and the differences. With the current debate in health care people are quite interested to hear about my perspective as someone who had universal health care. Of course I am diplomatic about this. I have great insurance here, but I empathize with those who don't and I still think that Universal is better, all round, FOR EVERYONE IN THE LONG RUN. Thats my plus

I know it can be really hard, but it can also be a really great opportunity for learning, faith, introspection and intimacy with your husband. Sometimes the worst parts turn out to be the most rewarding parts.

Hang in there. Its probably just a lesson.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine