DJ Pricing :/

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Dashuria Posts : 19 Registered: 7/27/09
DJ Pricing :/
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 7:39 PM

Hi All :)

My fiance and I are getting married in Northern New York, & have found a DJ that we both like, we've even been to one of his events. He charges $525 for the first four hours, and $100 for each additional hour. There is no fee for set up or tear down.

I've looked at a couple other DJ's and we've seen some priced a bit lower, and some a bit higher, but my fiance feels that $525 is high. And I don't know, my experience is here is - well, none!

I'm kind of looking for average costs of what DJ's have cost you all, any advice would be appreciated. :) Thank you!
Dashuria

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: DJ Pricing :/
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: Dashuria

I think $525 is a really good price for a DJ. All the ones in my area (CT) are about $1000. I'm paying about $1000 for mine. If I were to go any cheaper I probably won't get a "good" DJ. But if you like the DJ that you have seen then I say book him because he seems really cheap. Tell your fiance to google DJ's around your area and he may be surprised that $525 is very cheap compared to many others.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: Dashuria

That sounds VERY reasonable!!! Ours was similar, I think $650 for first 3 hours then $100 for each additional, that included lights and set up and what not.... but ours came recommended to us, so I had no fears about who they were and if they were legitimate. You might ask him if he has a testimonial page on his website? Or if you know of anyone else who has used him? Ask him where he has DJ'd before and maybe contact those venues to see if they have had any problems with him or how the experience was. That way you can get a feel about WHO the DJ is too, not just price. A DJ can make or break your reception by keeping the party going or ruining the whole mood. Best Wishes!!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

FutureMrsCox Posts : 1 Registered: 6/28/09
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

I think that sounds really reasonable. I am in Portland an our DJ is $650 for 6 hours (ceremony & reception) and that was the best price I found. I think if you like him you should go for it!

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: Dashuria

That sounds very very reasonable! Most of the DJ's here even in the suburbs ran about 700 to over 1,000 for about 6 hours. We paid $900 for 6 hours and did not have to pay for set up and tear down and we did not get any special lighting or anything like that. I would say if you really like him (have you heard him at an event? We went and saw a few at weddings to get a feel for how they are able to handle events and the kind of vib they give off) then go for it! Some DJ's might be less expensive, but then they may not have the experience, may not be as good, or may try to sock you with hidden fees. Do some research, but if you still like him, then go for it!

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: Stephorse

BOOK HIM!!!!! NOW! ...lol...that is a REALLY reasonable price!!

In Connecticut the average DJ is $1,000+ for 5 hours. The cheapest I found was about $850, but I really did not like the guy, he didnt seem to professional.

If you like this DJ, then go for it. You have heard him at an event,and he has been recommended to you, so if your comfortable with him, go for it.

Like another poster said, if your fiance thinks that is a high price, call a few more DJ's to get pricing for your date. Then compare. Heck, with the economy the way it is, if you find a cheaper price, maybe the DJ you like will do a price match! Mine did!!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: Dashuria

I think that's a very good price for a DJ. In NY around the metro area, many DJ's starts at $1,000. If you have seen prices for more and less, I'd say $525 is a fair price.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Dashuria Posts : 19 Registered: 7/27/09
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: Dashuria

Thank you everyone for your advice! I appreciate it!

We went ahead and booked the DJ and we're happy with him. I did have my fiance look at some other prices and this DJ was definitely a good price.

We have been to one of his events and also he's been recommended to us by a few friends, so we're confident about it.

Thank you all! =)

Dashuria

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine