the wait is driving me crazy!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

FutureMrsHaynes Posts : 21 Registered: 6/18/08
the wait is driving me crazy!
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 2:55 AM

My boyfriend of nearly four years took me ring shopping in August for the coveted engagement ring. We both fell in love with one, had me sized and all of the business taken care of, so to speak. He's been walking around for a couple weeks now, telling me he has a huge surprise for me and I'll find out about it eventually. I found the receipt for the ring on his desk a week ago, and my sister confirmed the surprise is my ring and the proposal I've been waiting so long for. He also told me when he picked it up and brought it home, and sent pictures of it around tonight to everyone except my self. Tonight, he tells both my sister and me that he's not giving me my surprise until I graduate from college - in a year. How am I supposed to wait for a year, knowing he has it in his possession the whole time? I'm going crazy already from the excitement of it all!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

JadeDeCaro Posts : 11 Registered: 7/8/09
Re: the wait is driving me crazy!
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 4:29 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsHaynes

just be patient and wait for a year,it wont be fun if u ruins the surprise! and just focuse on ur studies and other things, like ur dress?(is it too early?) he WILL propose. it's just not the right time yet.
good luck!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsHaynes

I know it's hard but just have patience. At least you know that he will propose. You'll drive yourself nuts if you keep anticipating it.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsHaynes

I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to fool you into believing it will be another year for engagement and then he'll pop the question next week when you're not expecting it.

Or, maybe he really will wait till you finish college. Try to talk to him if you're so anxious about this being reality.

FutureLeoBride Posts : 63 Registered: 9/24/08
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

I'm with Rose. It doesn't make sense that he would be so open about it right now and then plan to wait a year. Guys seem to have this idea that it has to be a surprise, a production. He's probably just trying to throw you off. I would go along with it and "pretend" you're waiting til next year, and let us know as soon as it happens!

Marriage works because they had a shared sense of humor, mutual respect of an awesome depth, faith that they were brought together by a force greater than themselves and a love so unwavering and pure that it is sacred.
- Forever Odd by Dean Koontz

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 2:07 AM Go to message in response to: FutureLeoBride

He's been talking about marriage all of this week - having to talk to my parents, me having to meet his family (they're all the way on the East Coast), etc., so I'm liking this suggestion of yours that I won't have to wait a whole 15 months.

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsHaynes

Your situation kind of reminds me of that Friends episode where Chandler fooled Monica into believing he wasn't ready for marriage and then shortly thereafter he proposed! (Best episode ever, btw).

Anyways, this may be the case, or, he may actually wait. It sounds like he's pretty excited about the engagement so who knows. Just try not to get your hopes up every weekend or whatever because you just never know what he has planned!

NeotericExpress... Posts : 4 Registered: 10/3/09
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsHaynes

Wow, its great to see that he is as into the proposal as you are! It's also funny how he is tantalizing you with all of the hints and subtle nudges about proposing - you've got a good catch if he can see humor in something like this! Be patient, it's worth it :)

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: NeotericExpress...

I know, he's pretty awesome. He's already planned out and told me how he's going to ask my parents for their blessing and all of that. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world, and that's how I'm supposed to feel, right?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine