So upset. Why don't people understand?

Online Users: 1,339 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 38

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: So upset. Why don't people understand?
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Oh and don't forget to invite to your bridal shower those bridesmaids you kick out. In fact, you should invite EVERYONE you know to your bridal shower. You should send the invite yourself. The more people that go the better because you will get more gifts. It doesn't matter if you invite people that are not invited to the wedding. The important thing here is that they shower you with gifts!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Well if you dont want them pregnant the least you could do is spring for some condoms.

I agree 100% with all your thoughts. You are an amazingly considerate bride. Your BMs are so lucky to be in your wedding!

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I just don't get you. All of these types of problems with the bridal party can be eliminated by having them fill out an application. The easiest way to create an application is to take a mortage app and change mortgage to bridal party whenever it appears in the form. We also asked for authorization to verify employment and obtain a credit report. In addition to the bridal party app, we made the bridal party complete a 10,000 word essay that had to answer the following questions.

1) Describe your ideal bachaelor/bachlorette party
2) Explain what sacrifices you are willing to make on behalf of the wedding
3) Wwhat sacrifices you are not willing to make and explain why not?
4) For the ladies, how will you guarantee you will fit into the dress you order? Will you be willing to play Bridal Party "The Biggest Loser"?
5) Why do you want to be in the bridal party?

Then answer 2 of the following:
a) What would you do if another member of the bridal party started saying bad things about the bride/groom?
b) What can you do to make the engagement period and wedding day special for us?
c) What would you do if Uncle Charlie started making lewd comments about the bride?

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Ha I'd like to add some questions to the application:
1. When do you plan on getting pregnant? What kinds of contraception are you using?
2. Are you planning on getting engaged soon? If so, are you willing to put your own plans on hold to attend to MY wedding?

Or maybe have them sign some sort of contract saying they won't get preggers or engaged during the wedding planning time? You could add things like "you must be willing to use 2 types of contraception at all times" Legally binding of course.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

OMG this whole application thing makes me wonder what those brides who ask their BMs to sign contracts put in the contracts. Like maybe some of them really do put things in like "I will not get pregnant prior to your wedding and will use two types of BC at all times to ensure this." Yargh.

preview image

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Having a contract or a background check sounds complicated.

I just had mine pay me $1000 in advance for the privilege of being my bridesmaid. I purchased an appropriate dress, shoes, underwear, purse and jewelry using that money. I had enough left over that if one or two had dropped, I could have hired someone the same size to wear the dress.

Obviously, they still had to pay for the parties our of their own pocket. Otherwise, it would have been 2K.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

Howard- you are a genius!!!!

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

MMP,

This is the best idea I have ever heard of!! Do you think it would be tacky of me to ask my maids after the fact to fill this application out? In retrospect, I think I may have been wrong in choosing my closest friends to stand with me and instead think I should have been more monetarily selective. I'm thinking of putting this together this evening and sending it via email. What do y'all think about combining the 'firing' with the bridal shower invites. This way they will know that they are important to me and I still want them to be involved. Plus, it allows for optimal gifts. Since they won't be in the wedding party anymore, they will be obligated to give me a gift instead of me giving them a gift. Perfect!
Not all who wander are lost

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

You totally had me going until "threedly". LOL!!! I agree with you though. If I have my own opinion and it is contrary to yours I am just the "stuck up know it all bitch who can spell and punctuate". I just can't handle the negativity.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Just finished the entire thread. Howard, you are brilliant. :D

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Dear BAB,

You really had me going, there. Hook line and sinker until I got to the bachelorette party.

Very good.

LOL!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 6:45 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Dear Howard,

"c) What would you do if Uncle Charlie started making lewd comments about the bride? "

How rich is Uncle Charlie?

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thank you Aunt thank you Brownegirl. I owe it all to the inspiration of Bride2008. I am actually very surprise that I haven't had more people make a mean comment haha

Also on question "c" How much will the Uncle pay me not to tackle him?

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Howard you are brillant. AOTB did you have a reply ready?

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

ChardaeJ Posts : 8 Registered: 8/11/09
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

That's not nice of the bridesmaids to delay the process. You have enough on your plate already! How dare they!!!!. Now, the MOH, 12? You were asking for that one. She can't possibly do the duties of a MOH. I have 2 sisters and I made the oldest the MOH instead of making them both MOHs. My youngest will be a honorary bridesmaid.

But really lay the law down on your bridesmaids. Dont worry about your MOH get one of your closest BM to do the parties.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine