Wedding Gift Ideas?

Online Users: 1,257 guest(s), 4 user(s). Replies: 10

maidmica Posts : 1 Registered: 2/27/09
Wedding Gift Ideas?
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 2:17 AM

I'm actually looking for both engagement party and weddin gift ideas?

Considering I'm my gf's Maid of Honor and I have another SEVEN close-friends weddings to go to this year...I'm running out of ideas!??

Anyone have some tips and links the could share?

I already bought my gf these matching pillowcase sets for her engagement party coming up:

http://www.splicestyle.com/gift_frisbee

This style was perfect because her and her fiance met playing ultimate frisbee!

But I'm in need of a lot more ideas...

nimnimsgirl Posts : 28 Registered: 9/19/08
Re: Wedding Gift Ideas?
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: maidmica

If your girlfriends have set up their wedding registries, save yourself the strain and just buy them something nice off of their registries! This way you don't have to keep coming up with ideas, and you're buying them something you KNOW they'll appreciate and use. My MOH bought me stuff off of my registry for my engagement and wedding showers and I totally loved the thoughtfulness of it.

If you really want to do something different, think of stuff that they love to do, or things that they love to buy for themselves, and get it for them as your present! They'll know that you put some thought into it and they'll know it's from the heart.

Jackie :)

It's the little things that bring beauty to life...

http://scrapsoflife.dreamhosters.com

aprilb Posts : 4 Registered: 1/18/09
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: maidmica

I agree that you should think about buying them something off of their registries, because those are the things that they really want or need.

If they don't have registries, a great website to find unique, handmade gifts is etsy.com. There are so many cute options for gifts on this site. Also, think about giving them an experience such as cooking classes or horseback riding lessons. Think about their personalities and give the couple something they can enjoy doing together. It's unique and very thoughtful.

I hope this helps.

April
Stylish Events

http://stylisheventsblog.com

brideJuly2009 Posts : 7 Registered: 3/3/09
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: maidmica

I just posted an album called DIY on my profile - I couldn't paste the image here. The monogrammed stationary I have made 3 times for engagement gifts, and everyone always loves it. The stamps and ink will run about $20, but you can use those for other projects. Get a small alphabet set for the first initials, individual large stamps for the surname, and I used a gold ink. The stationary is about $30-$45 (mine is from Paper Source) and I monogram 100 sheets of 5" x 7" paper.

For the box, one thing you can do to make a great presentation is to brush bookbinding glue onto heavyweight paper. This special glue does not ripple. Then, smooth witha bone folder (I use a silicone spatula instead to smooth)

I hope this helps!

JennS00 Posts : 3 Registered: 5/27/09
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: maidmica

I was in mybest friend's wedding as MOH, and I wanted to get her something personal and well thought out. I made one of those photobooks, and using pictures on my friend's facebook and webshots I put together a book of pictures of the two of them. It came out beautiful and wasn't terribly expensive. I recommend trying www.smilebooks.com, thats where I got mine from and it was great.

MirielleF80 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/25/09
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: maidmica

I live in Chicago, and one of my thoughtful guests (they all were, but we had the most fun with this gift), got us an experience gift from funsherpa. It was a great surprise and my hubby and I recently used the gift - a romantic french cooking class! While a Christofle serving spoon would have closed off my registry, this gift was surely the most memorable one and the talk of our everone in our family!

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: maidmica

I went to a wedding this summer where I knew the bride my entire childhood (family friends) and the groom was my husband's nextdoor neighbor/ really good childhood friend. My husband, cousin, and brother-in-law went together and purchased a Gift Certificate to the spa at the resort they were staying at for their honeymoon. They absolutely LOVED it. It was a little expensive so it might be a good gift to give as the MOH if you and the other maids went together to purchase it.

If you are any good at scrapbooking, you could put together an album for them to put their snapshots from guests in.

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

kad2010 Posts : 8 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: maidmica

visit www.kreationsbykday.etsy.com for unique wedding items

jenand Posts : 1 Registered: 12/2/09
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 5:29 AM Go to message in response to: maidmica

I've used this totally amazing online shop for mine as they do loads of different types of homewares but I choose them becasue I fell in love with the Villeroy and Boch dinnerware ranges! They are all so gorgeous. Anyway, places like these have really good discounts on RRP's which I think is a good idea when looking at where to hold your gift list. It means people have a wide choice of what to buy and on different budgets.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:35 AM Go to message in response to: jenand

VENDOR FEST '09

Misty

bethbehr Posts : 1 Registered: 11/30/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: maidmica

Those are so cute! I found a great website for gifts.. I originally used it to buy a gift for my boss but found they have so much more! They do personalizations and logos, which can be cute. You could get a gift with the bride and grooms initials or the wedding date etc.

Check it out: http://www.giftsontime.com/l/business-client-gifts.html

Beth Behr

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine