Our new US Marine! - his 21st birthday and sad send-off : (

Online Users: 1,303 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 33

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Re: Our new US Marine!- IS COMING HOME!
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 10:34 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Got a call from him Friday night- it kept getting disconnected, finally after he had called 3 times, he got through....we chit-chatted then he says "Hey, I'm coming home next week!" I jumped out of my seat...I couldn't believe it. He sounded so happy, I could tell he was smiling.

This must be the rainbow after the storm, right?

I moved into my own apartment last month and I'm having a housewarming on Sunday.

My older sister and I were not speaking still. But, she called me yesterday to ask if it was ok with me that we combine my housewarming party and his welcome home party. She was nice to me for once, since 5 months ago! I said, "of course it's ok with me."

So, that's the update-- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WELL WISHES, THE PRAYERS, AND MOSTLY FOR JUST READING THIS!

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

YAY!! He's coming home!!!!! That is such great news! DH leaves later October and my brother leaves mid September....its sad..but they'll be home...

Im so glad to hear your sister is coming around! It sounds like everything is starting to look up for you!

Formerly FMR2008 

Married Since December 27, 2008!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Yay!!!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Sep 27, 2009 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Muffin I'm so glad to hear that he came home!

I was supposed to go to Japan to meet up with my hubby, and he ended up being sent home for a few weeks, then shipped out again. I just found out a few weeks ago that DH also got extended so I have no idea when he will be coming home, but hopefully I can go visit somewhere along the way. Stay strong ladies, they'll all be home at some point.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine