PICKING YOUR OWN ENGAGEMENT RING?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

DutchBride Posts : 118 Registered: 3/11/08
Re: PICKING YOUR OWN ENGAGEMENT RING?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: Kat78

My FH and I went looking for rings together.  I have found the "one" if you will, and he will gladly oblige.  He wants me to have something that I really love, since it will be on my hand for a long time.  :)  Hopefully, forever!  I don't know when he is going to pop the question, but the ring has been chosen and we're now waiting on a center stone to come in, so we can make a decision.

The jeweler did give FH his business card, etc with the ring I liked on it.

* Marijke *

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: WAITING4MRWRIGHT

My BF and I have been to a couple of stores.  I don't think there is anything wrong with having a pref. A diamond is forever and you don't want to end up with something you're not happy with.
Kiss 

KPM Posts : 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

We designed our rings. 

When FH asked me to marry him I didn't have a clue!  He asked me to work with him to pick out a promise ring that I could wear until we got an engagement ring.  I will continue to wear it afterwards as well.

We worked almost 3 months designing our rings - some of that time was looking for a stone for it that we both liked.  Got an e-mail today that the ring was completed.  I am so excited and so is FH.

Now to wait for him to give it to me...............  Smile

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: WAITING4MRWRIGHT

Virgo, youre getting great advice. It's not uncommon these days to go engagement ring shopping together. I think the jewelers understand this process & don't put as much pressure on people as they may have in the past. It's important that you love your ring because youre the one who has to wear it everyday for the rest of your life. Go ahead & look at rings with your man, select three or four of your absolute favorites & let him know which they are. That way he can still have the final say, but you know that youre going to love it because you did the narrowing down. Plus, it will thrill you that he actually proposed to you & wants to spend his life with you!

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: WAITING4MRWRIGHT

I picked my bridal set and Im glad I did. I had him pick his ring too
wedding countdownDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
http://www.mywedding.com/thejosephs

Plunger Of the Offended in P.O.O.P~"People Offended by Offended People"

minobot Posts : 11 Registered: 8/27/09
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 2:18 AM Go to message in response to: JJsWifey08

The way we did it was to look at rings together, and we found 3 we agreed on. Then FH picked the one he liked, and that's the one on my finger right now

So think as if your every thought were etched in fire for all the world to see...

december 23, 2009 means no more goodbyes

Aeyes2488 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/9/09
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: WAITING4MRWRIGHT

I worked at at a jewelry store for a christmas and now am scarred for life on overly large jewerly and knew exactly what I wanted. We went shopping together. I looked at a ring and told him this is the one. He immediately put it on layaway. I didnt know when I would get it and it was hard to wait for; but he still got to suprise me when he popped the question!

Shoesiesluvr Posts : 43 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: WAITING4MRWRIGHT

My FH & I went to an engagement store to see a ring i had previously seen on their website that I had absolutely loved and we were shown THE ring and many others similar styles. We then proceded to walk out of the store, ringless. About a week and a half later my FH proposed with my 1st pick ring, he said the look on my face when i was first shown my original choice ring, made the decision for him. (haha didnt think i was that transparent lol)

I think he'll get the right vibe from you if you two go shopping or just browsing for rings and will make the right choice, they just know somehow

Daisypath Wedding tickers

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: WAITING4MRWRIGHT

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine