Invitations Printing Problems

Online Users: 1,281 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

almosttime2009 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/11/09
Invitations Printing Problems
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 10:39 AM

I am getting married in October 2009. I purchased Bride invitations at Michaels. Opened them to print them and due to the texture the ink will not stick - it rubs off. I went to several printing places that won't even touch them. Finally Office Max did and same problem ink rubs off. At this point I am stuck, cannot return because I bought them in Jan. and now I have to pay for Office Max to print my invites, reception card and reply (which is additional money) Anyone else have this problem OR can offer a reason, I am so upset. Office Max said its because the texture ERR needless to say I am frustrated with Brides invites and would not recommend them.

MrsJDtobe Posts : 159 Registered: 2/15/09
Re: Invitations Printing Problems
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: almosttime2009

Some paper is just finecky and that is why I had my invites made at www.americanwedding.com. If budget is an issue, you may want to try www.vistaprint.com as they have very good prices and good turn around. You will save money in the end if you aren't throwing invites away that won't print properly.

If DIY is your way to go, perhaps you can have the written portion printed at staples or officemax on a nice white cardstock and you can adhere those onto the store bought invites giving it a layered look. You can also try using nice colorful cardstock according to your color scheme. It is frustrating when you want to save money by doing DIY projects only to find yourself having to trash it due to its poor performance. I hope you find a solution! Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On October 11, 2009, my cop will forever be cuffed to my heart ;-)

Bellamores Posts : 1 Registered: 9/11/09
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: almosttime2009

How many invitations do you need and what are your colors? I am a stationery designer and I may be able to assist you. Often I have left over materials--plain invites, pocket cards,etc. I was touched by plea for help, so let me know if I can help you.

Rebecca
Where the Expression is ss Beatiful as the Love.

RW2010 Posts : 5 Registered: 9/26/09
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: almosttime2009

Hello,
I am very sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your BRIDES invitations. I actually just bought some BRIDES invitations for my wedding next year, so your post worries me a great deal. I am considering returning mine after reading this. Were you able to figure out a solution to this problem? Also, what ones in particular did you buy? I am sorry again to hear about this a month before your wedding :( I hope things work out!

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: RW2010

I'm no printing expert so I'll just throw this out there... would laminating them help? If not, I would try going to a outlet store and buy cheapies, there's a lot you can do with invites to make them look wonderful and not cost a lot. So sorry about the pickle you are in! Good luck!

LAcat88 Posts : 39 Registered: 9/15/07
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 2:25 AM Go to message in response to: almosttime2009

Some paper is too "slick" so the solution would be to rough it up a little.
(don't go backhanding your invitations now)

You can use spray matte finish found at art supply stores. Its like 3 dollars a can and can spray a lot of invites. A good brand is Krylon. I'm an art major and use it all the time on projects.

Another possible solution is to use hairspray. Just make sure it sprays on clear by testing it on a blank sheet of paper.

Then, after it dries, take your invites and try and get them printed.

Hope it works out
let us know if it does

ReneeMauzey Posts : 7 Registered: 10/1/09
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: almosttime2009

Have you asked any local print shops that use thermography instead of flat printing? You could also do a letterpress but that is even more pricey than thermography.

Depending on what the invitations look like, you may be able to add a different top layer using a printable card stock. You could have it cut so the detail of the card is still visible. It would look something like an invitation on the following web page:

http://www.ArtzyFartzyInvites.com/2_layer_84.html

We carry several different kinds of card stock that can be cut to any size and prints well in a home printer. Visit our website and contact us via the contact us page if you'd like us to send you a sample to try if that option might work.

Renee M
ArtzyFartzyInvites
http://www.ArtzyFartzyInvites.com

FutureMrsBentley Posts : 14 Registered: 8/31/09
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: almosttime2009

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties... maybe you could buy different ink for your printer.

I got worried and just tested my BRIDES invitations (chocolate and ivory) on my HP printer and they look really great no smudging or anything.

Best of luck!

leviamiller Posts : 1 Registered: 4/14/13
Posted: Apr 14, 2013 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: almosttime2009

To anyone out there still having the problem with the ink not setting into the invitations we just printed ours off today and same problem the ink smudged when you touched it. We took clear coat spray paint and lightly spraid every invitation. It coated the ink and it no longer smudges. Don't worry about the odor it will go away in a few minutes once they dry. Make sure you don't spray to much or too close.

Good luck to you all

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine