September 2009 WIVES!!

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 811

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Re: September 2009 Brides
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I recall that thread! it said to face the toilet instead of away from it so you would only have to lift the front of your dress. I tried ( I know TMI) it just was to odd for me and then i was nervous about getting the front of my dress wet so my MOH had to help me much like the picture posted. I did it for her the year before so it was only slightly mortifying but agree with the other posts I only went twice the whole night even though I was drinking. must be adrenaline or something.

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 8:34 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Rebecca- I did not wear my gown to the bar. We went to a MAJOR dive and I decided to wear regular clothes. BUT I did put on my bride tank top. =)

Necolei- DONT be nervous!!! Seriously! All these things happened and none of it mattered! My friend is getting married in Jan and she is FREAKING out about little things like songs. I told her that the day of you really just don't care. My earrings also broke when I was putting them on. They were brand new and I LOVED them. My MOH asked if I was going to cry. I didn't care. I just wanted to get the show in the road! It was a VERY strange feeling because I tend to be a perfectionist!

Going to the bathroom was actually MUCH easier then I expected!!! It took about 2 girls to lift the dress, but it worked out just fine! I think I went 3 or 4 times while in the gown (I have the bladder of a baby!)

Misty- I love the smokey eye. It may seem weird if your not used to a ton of make up but it looks great!

FMV- I LOVE the pics!! Where did you guys go for the honeymoon??

I wish it didn't take so freaking long to upload pictures on here!!! I have some really good ones that my sister took... Oh well... I may get bored and make an album... I am trying to upload the laptop cake, but it wont work! So annoying!

Oh well... I am moving this weekend so I wont be around till sometime next week.

Misty and Necolei Best of luck ladies!!! You are both going to have
BEAUTIFUL weddings! Don't sweat the small stuff and just go with
whatever happens! I have a CRAZY family and surprisingly they all kept
it together!

I can't wait to see the pics!

wedding website

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 9:48 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Aww the lady I hired to do the candy buffet for us made us a cute little video on youtube!! It is a little blurry but super cute! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G0RmDDyI2s
wedding website

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

well... we spent the whole day decorating the venue -- 10 am to about 6.... there was a break in there. But wow.

My starry night under the forest canopy ceiling over the dance floor came out amazing. Thank GOD for my bridesmaids because my dad was out of control. The poor guy--he saw that I had Christmas Lights and that is all he could see. So he started hanging them the way they are hung from rain gutters at Christmas -- tight and such. But that was not the look I wanted. And we needed to tie the leaves to them before they were hung. They both went to bat for me over it while I was decorating the santuary (Dad was tasked with hanging the ceiling clips and then I was going to tell him what I wanted for the lighting). So bridesmaid goes in the bathroom and dials my number. "Just say yes or no" she tells me. That way my mother wouldn't know what I was talking about with her. So she was like "Is that what you want?" (No). "Would you mind if I took them all down and rehung them when your dad heads out?" (No.) "Are you looking for this effect?" (Yes) But they are amazing.

And my photographer was there for the entire rehearsal and rehearsal dinner (it's her first wedding). We have her for "four hours" tomorrow ... but we really have her for the whole day. She will be meeting us at the hotel around the time the flowers come (she's seen them unassembled. Apparently one of them is a Dahlia, and they are stunning) She'll head with us to the salon, and then hang out as we do the get ready stuff. And she'll be with us the whole day. Not bad for $500. but this is her first wedding, and she wants to get all of the practice she can get. I've already seen some of the pictures she took of the reception site... WOW! She's also got some really really cute ones of the rehearsal.

Rehearsal went well. Dinner was great. We had a lot of fun (and I fed 17 people for $45)

Everything has tied in amazingly well. Remember my programs? The ones we had to redo? The cover has a line on them: "May your hearts be forever tied in friendship and your hands forever blessed with love" (or something like that). The first time I saw the programs (and by that I mean really looked at them)...I realized that that was actually the last line in our ceremony. That line, I discovered today (yes today!) is printed on the BOTTOM of our cake topper! (for you Doctor Who fans...we've decided that that is our Bad Wolf)

The stressiest bit so far, as expected, has been dealing with my parents -- surprisingly, it has been my dad who was the more stressy of the two. He thinks our plan was way too elaborate. But when you are DIY and you want amazing ... that takes a lot of sweat.

Mom has been a bit different stressy....but I'm cutting her a lot of slack. My uncle passed away last night (that's the one she went to visit, who they thought would die, but as of Monday was improving and getting a lot better and they thought would be released from the hospital by Thursday) I'm okay. But this was mom's baby brother.

Misty

Bally Posts : 355 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 8:12 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Go n'éirí an t-ádh leat today Cat!!! I can't wait to see the photos and hear all about it!!

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: Bally

Thanks Bally! FH will love that there were wishes in Irish!

Next time I type, it will be DH!.

Necolei, good luck tomorrow.

Misty

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

DH and I had a lovely ceremony...it was everything I could have asked for. The church was full...on both sides, which was great (we were concerned because most of John's peeps are from Vegas, and the only Vegas person there was his mother). I just remember seeing a full church. Everything in our very complicated ceremony went beautifully. DH almost teared up....which brought me close. We were both on the edge, and if either one had lost it, we both would have.

It POURED, but we were both inside when that happened. It's okay. I've heard that rain on your wedding day is good luck.

The Princess Bride reference was recognized by a couple of people.

Misty

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 10:21 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

and I am happy to report I didn't have to pee while wearing the dress. YAY!!!!

Misty

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 9:03 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I'm glad your wedding went smoothly! That sucks that it rained, but you are right, rain IS good luck :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Looks like here in September 2009 Brides we are all now officially.... married women.

Now... what are we supposed to do with all of this spare time??!

Misty

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Congrats Misty on being a Mrs. I keep asking DH what I'm supposed to do with myself now that the wedding is over.

Congrats Necolei! I can't wait to hear details and see pics!!

Well I went on Friday and changed my name on my social security card and driver's license, then I headed over to the bank and changed my last name on my accounts there. I was so glad to get it all done in one day. It's a little weird having a different last name and REALLY hard to remember to sign with my new last name, lol.

The professional pics were supposed to be put up on a website by this past Saturday and they're still not up. I'm getting impatient, lol. I'm not happy with them anyways, so hopefully they don't drop the ball here or I will be contacting the BBB. They've already gotten 3 strikes from me and DH and we're giving them one more chance so we'll see.
When is my wedding

Bally Posts : 355 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 8:15 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Glad everything went well for you Cat!
Are you sharing any photos? I'd love to see how it all turned out!

FallBride91909 Posts : 88 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

Hey Ladies!! Congrats to everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying being a new wife, I know I am. I dont have pics yet, I am still waiting for everyone to get me the discs they promised, and once I get my professional pics I will share that link.
As for wedding weekend, heres the recap:

Thursday: nails and pedicures was amazing! Then I got to meet DH's half sisters and brother.
Friday was Rehearsal and Dinner, rehearsal went very smoothly, dinner was fantastic and now DH was very surprised with his Porsche Car Groom's Cake I had for him.
Saturday was wedding day! My mom, grandmother, aunt and MOH and 1 BM went for breakfast, which was lousy, but a nice way to start the morning. The 2 girls who went to breakfast got ready with me in the suite we had at the hotel, which was nice. We hired a lady to come to us to do our hair which saved us a lot of time and she did not charge us a lot. My FG also was there to get ready with us. The guys got ready on the other side of the hotel and the groom did NOT see me before the ceremony which was fantastic!!! There was an accident on the highway the limo had to take to get us to the ceremony site (which was 30 mins away). I was about to panic (we only hired 1 limo for the day and had to come back to get us girls after dropping off the guys) and before I could panic our DJ whom we had become really GREAT friends with since we hired him had come up to see me before I left and he got us the deal on the limo so he called the owner of the company to find out that actualy owner was driving us that day and he had missed the accident! So that crisis was averted. Now before the limo stuff, I was able to sneak downstairs to the venue to see our cake...to find out that it looked nothing like what I had ordered. It looked like a 2 year old had decorated the cake. I ran out of the room crying....it was the only thing that got to me all day. :( My mom and MOH immediately took care of it all and got a hold of the cake company and they picked up the cake to fix it. They brought it back right before we left for the ceremony and it still looked HORRIBLE! Unfortunately there was nothing I could do but deal with it at this point.

So off to the ceremony we went. Everything went perfectly, the weather was gorgeous, not too hot and not too cold. Our photographer was really great with the pictures and we spent almost no time having them taken! Now its back to the reception venue. The BP were to have the remaining time of the cocktail hour in a suite until it was time to be announced. No one was paying attention to unlock the door, so we stood outside on stairs waiting for almost 10 mins for someone to open the door. My mom finally came and did it (she is the general manager for the hotel on premises). Then we never got a server to come up and get our drink order. So now we were running behind on our program. Eventually my mom was able to get someone to come up and that got taken care of, but not in a timely manner. Finally its time to get announced, we get downstairs to find out the salads had already been served! So we get announced and have a wonderful first dance and BP dance then time for dinner. During our blessing the stupid idiot who manages the servers and kitchen staff has the servers talking during the blessing to find out what people wanted to eat. That could have waited 2 minutes, I thought. So everyone waited for us to sit down to eat salads, so we eat salad and our server never came by to bring us drinks, so I head up to the bar to get myself a drink while Im waiting for dinner to come out, only for the previously mentioned idiot to come over to me and ask me where I thought I was going and I told him I was going to get a drink and the jerk told me to get sit the hell down I didnt need to get a drink and would have to wait til after dinner. I was pissed!
So I went and got my damn drink anyway! lol So then we sit down for dinner and he comes out and in 4 different places in the room during serving dinner, he SCREAMS at the servers. He was very rude. My guests all saw and heard this, and they werent happy about it. Then he starts rushing us to get the cake cut (people were still getting their food served to them) and I told him we werent going to do it yet. He started fighting with me, so I walked away and thats when our DJ came over and was like Ill take care of it, and he did...for the rest of the evening the idiot left me alone. But I did find out that earlier in the day he was running his mouth in front of our guests that were staying at the hotel that he was wrapping everything up and throwing people out at 1030pm if he had to! I had a few guests leave early because of that.

So, my wedding day overall was amazing. Our ceremony was perfect and our DJ really saved the night! There were some other issues, but nothing worth mentioning. My mom also hosted a beautiful breakfast the next morning, which was really nice to be able to talk to some of our guests we didnt get to spend much time with the night before.
Ill post pics when I have them. Hope everyone else's day went smoothly!!

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, It sure makes everything else seem so small." - Carrie Underwood

9/19/09 I marry my other half, my best friend!                       www.mywedding.com/ashleybrian

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: Bally

so far, this is the only picture that has been posted by anyone that we know of.

It was taken as we processed out.

We'll share more as we can.

Misty

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

okay... here are some more. Pro pics are still being processed (she took 1200. It will probably be a while)

I did one of those perfume sprays then stepped into it (this was after the initial spot application)

My girls -- Flame Bearer Hollie, MOH Gen, and BM Kathy

My mom's corsage

The pew decorations were exactly like this. This is the chalice and the flame bearer's candle

Close up of one of DH's frames

Me and DH (and my pretty flowers)

Our grand entrance -- a bit blurry as we were walking fast)

First Dance ... and a shot of my beautiful ceiling (that was a royal pain in the tuckus)

More first dance

More first dance

Cheering on the married couples in the anniversary dance

Our place cards

The Wedding Cake

The Nutter Butter Pirate Ship (DH made it...this was his "grooms' cake")

These pictures were taken by the friend we were intially going to have be our photographer. She did a great job -- but I think she was a whole lot happier without that responsibility)

<I just edited the size of the photos>

Misty

Edited by: CatStandish on Sep 30, 2009 3:10 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine