I'm a wife!!!!!!!

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
I'm a wife!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 10:20 AM

Hey everyone! I'm officially a Mrs! I feel like I've been flying around for the last week...now that I'm back at work I have a moment to breathe, LOL.

When I woke up sunday morning, it was bright and sunny! One of my BM's was staying with me so she and I went to pick up my sister for our hair appointment. I actually remembered everything we needed, too. Whoo-hoo! My hair turned out beautiful and only felt slightly like a helmet. We grabbed a sandwich and flew off to the restaurant. On the way, it started raining a little and I was freaking out a bit, since our ceremony was outside. But not to worry, within 15 minutes of getting there, it cleared up and was sunny and warm the rest of the day. Whew!

We had so much fun getting ready, but it flew by!!!!! We had a couple bottles of wine up in the bride's room and a bunch of chocolates leftover from the favors. The photographer got a bunch of shots of us getting ready. My MOH did my makeup for me and did an amazing job. I felt so pretty! Finally, at 3:20, we headed downstairs to get our flowers and line up...only to be told that MIL and FIL were not there yet. They ended up being almost 10 minutes late!!!!!!! They had 2 more minutes or we would have started without them. Oh well.

When I first saw DH, I almost started to cry. He looked so handsome in his tux. :) He was crying too, but not as bad as at the rehearsal, LOL. The ceremony was so beautiful. Nice and short, hehehe. The pictures went by very quickly, and the restaurant was nice enough to send us out some hors d'oeuvres and wine for the bridal party. YUM!

The DJ mispronounced DH's name when he introduced us, which is especially hilarious since they used to work together. :) Dinner was amazing!!! OMG, yummy! And the cake was so delicious, and really beautiful.

Our first dance was so funny...I recorded myself singing our song. When it started, I asked DH if he knew who it was and he asked if it was the MOH!!!! I think I called him a jackass, LOL. When he realized it was me he teared up a little. The DJ was awesome and played a really great mix of fast and slow songs. The best was when DH requested that he play a song by "Great Big Sea" so he played "The Scorned Wife." HAHAHAHA. So funny!!!!! All in all, it was exactly the day that I wanted, and I am so happy to be a wife!! :)

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: I'm a wife!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Beautiful venue, dress and flowers, Heidi! Glad everything went so well. Congratulations!

preview image

paralegal05 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/19/09
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Everything looks beautiful, especially witht he wedding held outside. I wish I could have an outdoor wedding but my guest would not appreciate it with it being January! LOL! I'm glad your day went well!

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

Awww, thanks girls!! It was such a pretty spot. But yeah, an outdoor wedding in January would probably not work, LOL.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Congrats!!! I can't see the pictures cuz I am at work and they block it :( But I will see them when I get home. I am so glad everything went perfect for you :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Congrats Heidi!!! The pics are great, I love your dress and you look like you had a blast. My wedding day was the same, everything went smooth as butter and I was better than I ever imagined. I am so genuinely happy for you. I wish you all the best for your married life.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

Congrats Heidi! Everything and everybody looked beautiful! Welcome to married life!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Congrats Heidi. You look beautiful. Love your dress. I'm glad everything was perfect.

Finally Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 7:24 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Thank you, ladies!! I hope to have some of the pro pics back when we ge back from our honeymoon. :)

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 8:40 AM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

I forgot one of the sweetest things about my wedding...one of my BM's took my invitation and had it matted with the wax seal that was on the envelope and had everyone sign it! I loved it!!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

What a sweet thing to do!!! LOVE it!! And, the pictures are beautiful, LOVE how they did the bustle too!! ANd, the venue, cake, dress, everything is just gorgeous!! Especially you.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

BeckiSou22 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Beautiful!!!! You looked gorgeous!!! Looks like you had a perfect day for an outdoors wedding!!

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

I loved the dress and the ceremony. Congrats again
wedding countdownDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
http://www.mywedding.com/thejosephs

Plunger Of the Offended in P.O.O.P~"People Offended by Offended People"

Re: I'm a wife!!!!!!! Update - Pro pics!
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Our photographer has a bunch of our pics on her website. It is www.tessmoran.com. Hover over "find photos" then click on "purchase/find photos". Then click on Heidi & Bryan. You don't need a password or anything. I'm really pleased with how they turned out, and I cannot wait to see the rest!!

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Re: I'm a wife!!!!!!! Update - Pro pics!
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 2:05 AM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Congrats! Those pictures are awesome and they really show how much fun you all were having. :) I loved your idea on the guest book (i.e. the pages that could be set out at each place for people to fill out and then could be put in a book to keep). Can I ask if you got a kit for that? I'm still in the planning stages so I loved looking at your pics!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine