May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

mrssankeyjr Posts : 60 Registered: 10/16/08
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Wow, Toy you've been busy. I'm glad you cut that list down. The collage ides sounds nice. I'm gonna have to try that. I have a book that I've been keeping but I still have to flip through each page to see everything. Toy I'm getting my shoes from dyeables also, but I picked the ones called Tease. Onyx, is beautiful i like the rinestones. I have the little booklet I got from the bridal boutique I was going to post the pic but the website dosen't seem to have either. http://www.dyeables.com/ I was also considering the shoe called skye but it looked like they would hurt. I'm going to keep looking for them online so I can post a pic.

Tonight I will be tasting the cater's menu they prepaird a "taste" of what we are thinking about serving. I'm excited about that. They said we can lock in this years prices if we submit the contract. I'll let you guys know what it was like.

Mrs S. I love that you are using your mothers viel, that is soo awesome. I was thinking about using my mom and dads cake topper, but it will need a little "alteration" also.

found em here are my shoes. also they are cheaper if i order them online then through the bridal shop, go figure.

never mind it wont let me paste it.

love brings change

Edited by: mrssankeyjr on Sep 18, 2009 5:20 PM

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

MrsSan I think you got the wrong girl its MrsKlein thats using her mothers veil though I agree thats awesome - I wish I could use something of my moms but she and my dad got married back in russia and have pretty much next to nothing here from their wedding!!

ANOTHER COLORFUL SHOES BRIDE HERE!!!!!! ---- BRIGHT PINK PUMPS OF SOME SORT :)))))

Toy those are actually real invitations...I ordered a sample and so they sent that...its exactly what the real deal would look like down to the type of paper. What I meant is that its loosely put together just enough so it doesnt fall apart by the time I got it in the mail so if I wanted to DIY them I can eeeeasily take each part apart and then just buy the right paper, measure or trace the pieces from this one for the right size, and just do the rest on computer to design the part with all the info and print them :)) .. sound easy enough!! I can give you the link to order a sample--and the best part is that theyre free (a brides favorite word lol)!! My only concern is that my DIYing them I run the chance of them looking cheap.......I guess Ill just have to try one and see how it turns out and go from there!!!??

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
MAY 2010 BRIDES!
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

YAY! I can finally post on the computer again! The FH moved in some more of his things INCLUDING his iMac so I'm a Brides.com stalker once again! I have two questions for you ladies:

I found some invitations on Ebay for $60.00 but it is a temporary special. Do you think I should wait to get them (since we aren't mailing them out until January) or should I snatch them now? That is really cheap!

ALSO, I ordered a veil on eBay as well! I know...I am completely addicted to buying things online so please look over my fetish! Its a birdcage veil and it was only 17 bucks with shipping costs and all. I included a link to my photobucket acct. so you can see it. I am just experimenting with a birdcage veil to see if I like it. I can't visualize my gown with a traditional veil or a blusher veil so I thought I'd experiment. If I decide to go with this one, I am going to add some crystal details to it and wear it slanted. I don't like that 'straight across' look.

My FH decided that he wants to wear the Chuck Taylors after all so now we are back to that. HA! If only he would make up his mind! Actually, that makes two of us! :P We customized them on the Chuck Taylor website. That was a fun little activity to do together and he loves sneakers! He was very excited about it! Have a great Sunday girls!

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/linkywinkugal/Wedding/

Edited by: ToyToy09 on Sep 20, 2009 9:12 AM

JanetMichelle2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/7/09
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 6:23 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Hi all! I'm new to this wedding-blogging thing but so excited to be a part of it. I too am a May 2010 bride. Our wedding is May 8, 2010 on the beach at Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun, Mexico. We chose this thinking this would eliminate almost all of our guests and instead, could return to the states and have a reception. Well now our small maybe 10 attendee' wedding has turned into approximately 40 thus far, which is wonderful, just not initially what we were thinking. I just bought my dress last week, it is Maggie Sottero Cassady. I had been looking for so long on eBay and preowned sites because dresses look soooo different on real brides than supermodel stick-thin models. I would have never chose this dress based on MS website but the moment I saw it on another bride and then went to try it on I was in love! And that was after traveling to a few different states to try on high-end dresses. So happy with my decision. Our colors are bright red and bright orange. I am hoping to find bridesmaid dresses that are strapless, taffeta, with a purchasable sash in the opposite color (red/orange, orange/red) at a reasonable price. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

Janet welcome to the boards! Your wedding sounds like it will be fun! Are you guys gonna just stay in Cancun for your honeymoon as well? I don't think we are even going on a honeymoon until a few months after the wedding...(I don't think). I would like to see your colors...do you have anything purchased in those colors yet...or maybe something that inspired you that you can post? That will help us give you ideas as well. I am a Maggie Bride too! I bought the Felicia. It will be here next month. I seriously need to stop eating like a mad woman so that I can fit it though :) Look forward to seeing your wedding ideas!

mrssankeyjr Posts : 60 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 10:46 AM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Hey Guys, How is wedding planning going?

Janet welcome to the club! How long have you been engaged? I bet the colors you chose will go great with the Destination Wedding Theme.

On Friday we had our "taste" from the cater. Everything was great except the ham, she had put together roasted turkey, veggies, roasted potatoes, ham with pineapple sause, and salad. I called her yesterday and told her we liked everything except the ham, so she said that she is willing to switch the ham for roast beef. I thought that this sounds like an upgrade to me so I'll jump on it. She was also steering us towards the "cash bar" suggesting that she will make up the money in the bar that she is giving us the beef for. I told her our family are mostly religious and don't deal with alcohol, but I don't think it will be a bad idea. I mean me and FH drink when we go out, and I know our cousins and friends our age do too, I just don't want to offend the older guests. She suggested just beer, wine and margarita's! I know that I will be on the margarita's ya know!!!!! But I'm not sure what the fam will think.

Let me know what you guys think! I hope you all have a great day!
love brings change

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: mrssankeyjr

Welcome Janet! Congrats on getting hitched.

I think that the cash bar could be okay. If most of the family isn't big drinkers, then sure. If you have it in the budget, it would be a nice thing to cover, and maybe instead of a bar package you could just pay for each drink (one of my co-workers did that).

I'm getting really excited for Friday. I get to try my dress on. Yippie!

We picked up our wedding bands and they look great. Well mine is plain, but his is really cool looking and is a perfect fit. So that is done. Ooooo I should go check it off my list!

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 9:02 AM Go to message in response to: mrssankeyjr

MrsSan I'm glad that your tasting went well! If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't have alcohol at the reception JUST BECAUSE I know that I could handle it without getting silly, but you can never tell who will overdo it and make those elders uncomfy. PLUS if someone becomes tipsy, they could become a liability if they mess up something at your reception site, etc. Maybe some champagne ( a limited amount)...or a glass of wine for each guest, but that's about it. You guys are adults so to say NO alcohol is a bit much, but it should be very limited for EVERYONE! I understand your position since your FIL is a preacher which prolly means a lot of your guest may be part of yours or your FH's church family, so everyone will be holding everyone else accountable that night! HA!

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Toytoy, MrsSan, FutureMrsKlein, and all,

Thanks! I am pretty excited as I am sure all of you are too. We got engaged this past June. Our intent was to not start really planning until I found a full-time job (I just finished my Masters degree in April) but as the economy goes.. No job yet so we had to start planning. Luckily I always wanted a stress-free destination wedding and those just happen to (usually) be cheaper! : )

I'm excited about my colors too but I also keep thinking of doing orange and fuschia instead of orange and red. I keep looking for bridesmaid dresses and a lot of the real wedding seem to use fuschia and it looks so great on everyone's skin-tone. I'm trying to keep my bridesmaids costs minimal--anyone have any suggestions about cheaper but still quality dress-makers? I've checked out Bari-Jay and even Overstock.com but still havn't found anything I'm dying for. Of course it is a bit harder because my three bridesmaids' are size 6, 8, and 20! I'm thinking I might do strapless taffeta/satin with sashes for the small girls and a halter-like with sash for my sister who is the size 20.. Of course that is dependent on finding matching dresses/material. I will not have my sister/friends paying ridiculous $150+ for a dress they will wear once! Ugh!
Confidence is intoxicating!

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

HEY! Can someone guide me on how to post pictures on my posts? I have a lot of idea's I would love your guys' feedback on and the directions this site gives didn't work for me. Thanks!!

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 10:46 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

About the alcohol thing.. that is difficult. I think people go to weddings assuming their will be alcohol available whether they must purchase it or it is complimentary. Obviously for drinkers, it is nice when it is free but I don't think many of us are suprised whenever it is a cash bar. It also might cut down on the craziness since guests have to pay. I guarantee I wouldn't get drunk at weddings if it wasn't free : )

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

Janet, There is a link when you are typing a message on the top right of the text bos, near the smilyface, that helps you post a picture.

These are my bridesmaid dresses. My colors are red with orange and purple accents.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2999692/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014164?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6014164&P=1

I found a number of dresses at Nordstoms that were really affordable, compared to all the dresses I found on bridesmaid dress sites. So I would suggest them. Plus they have a great return policy. I bought a dress to see the color (they didn't have it in the store) and then returned it. No hassles at all.

TheWeddingMaven Posts : 10 Registered: 4/24/09
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 12:59 AM Go to message in response to: mrssankeyjr

Just in case any of my fellow May 2010 brides happen to be planning a Bridal Shower for a friend (or if you're involved in the planning of your shower too!) Just wanted to share the most recent post from a popular DIY blog I read, http://www.diyunveiled.typepad.com They just posted about bridal shower invites not to mention all the other great DIY projects they've got!

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: TheWeddingMaven

Hey Ladies!

I'm a May 1st bride and super excited! I posted when this thread was first started, but stayed away from brides.com for a while until I was ready plan... So, now I'm ready and back! I ordered my dress this past weekend (SO FREAKING EXCITED!), the bm dresses are picked out, our color is purple and I haven't decided on going with purple and hints of burnt orange or doing purple and silver/grey... we'll see!

Can't wait to chat with you ladies!

~Ash

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Hey girls!! I am back! Sorry I've been MIA. School and work has been swamping me lately. How has everyone been. It looks like everything I've missed has been answered already. Any new plans? So it seems that some brides have been pretty psycho lately so I new thread with me ranting. It's pretty funny if I don't saw so myself. Please go see and say whatever you'd like
http://www.brides.com/forums/planning-and-etiquette/thread.jspa?threadID=68078&tstart=0

So what's new!?!?!

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine