online wedding dresses

Online Users: 1,279 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

SWatts2010 Posts : 6 Registered: 9/7/09
online wedding dresses
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 4:40 PM

Hello there!

How do you feel about ordering a wedding dress online? I've tried alot on at Davids Bridal and found it cheaper online on Ebay but don't know how much I should trust the site. Any help would be awesome!!

Thanks Ladies!

MARCH 13TH 2010.....HERE WE COME!!

JanetMichelle2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/7/09
Re: online wedding dresses
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: SWatts2010

Hello,

Before just purely buying on eBay I would look at some of the pre-owned dress sites. At these sites you can find dresses, sometimes new, sometimes sample, and sometimes used. It is a way to get a nicer dress without having to pay retail. Some sites I liked during my search are www.oncewed.com, www.bravobride.com, www.preownedweddingdresses.com. The last one was my fav and I still find myself looking at the site just because occasionally. :)

Good luck!
Confidence is intoxicating!

SWatts2010 Posts : 6 Registered: 9/7/09
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

Awesome! Thank you so much for those. I'm gonna check them out!! :)
MARCH 13TH 2010.....HERE WE COME!!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 8:10 AM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

don't let TBAG fool you... that is a vendor rep for Topbridals

Be wary of the knock off dress makers. You will get what you pay for.

Misty

LisaGLovesSun Posts : 4 Registered: 10/30/09
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: SWatts2010

If you are going to buy online, you might as well save money and buy used. Here is what I did. I went to my local wedding dress shop and tried on a bunch of dresses. Then, I went online and found the dress I was interested in. This way, I already the dress was what I wanted. For mt online reseacrh, I used the following sites: http://www.recycledbride.com/ - RecycledBride.com next was http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/ and also http://www.encorebridal.com/

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 8:14 AM Go to message in response to: SWatts2010

WOW! Look at all the cheap ass vendors who are hawking their crappy online knock off wedding dress sites! Any REAL bride reading this thread who is new to this forum.

1. Anyone with an extremely low number of posts praising a website/vendor is ALMOST CERTAINLY a vendor (Low number of posts would be anything under 20, because some of the vendors will post it on every single forum)

2. Anyone with really crappy grammatical skills praising a website which sells something (especially cheap wedding dresses) is almost certainly a vendor. They are almost all out of China, and while their English is a darn sight better than my Chinese (which incidentally is non-existant), this is a dead on clue that it is not a REAL bride who had a positive experience with the site, but rather the vendor PRETENDING to be a bride who had a positive experience with the site.

3. Classydame (a seamstress who is sort of an advisory board member) actually ordered a wedding dress from one of these knock off sites, because she knew she could probably fix it, but she wanted to get an idea of the quality -- and it helped everyone. The difference was astounding.

If these online sites were advertising showing their interpretation of the designer gowns (as lightinthebox does on some dresses), that would be one thing. But when they post the Maggie picture of the dress as the one they are selling, and you get something entirely different...that is false advertising, ladies and gentlemen. And that is why we hate these "fake" brides who are really selling things. They are advertising falsely and intentionally misleading people about the quality of their worksmanship.

Misty

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine