Walmart wedding cakes

Online Users: 1,249 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Walmart wedding cakes
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:05 PM

FH and I are on a budget and were planning to get a wedding cake from Walmart, has anyone had one for their wedding or been a guest where one was served? I just want to know if they are good quality or if we'll get what we pay for. Thanks so much!!

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Re: Walmart wedding cakes
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

My DH's family gets Sam's Club cakes all the time (which I assume will be the same as Wal-mart cakes?). That is some of the best cake I have ever tasted! I don't know about the big tiered wedding cake and how the design will come out-they always get regular sheet cakes. But it is some seriously good tasting cake!!

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

-Dr Seuss

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

I'm sure no one will even be able to tell the difference.

Especially if there's alcohol =)

When is my wedding

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

My family actually prefers the wal-mart cakes over the sam's cakes. You might want to get a small cake from the one you plan to get it from though so you can judge the quality yourself as I'm sure every store varies! Congrats!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

ladybug104 Posts : 10 Registered: 8/11/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

A good friend of mine did a big birthday cake from Walmart and she was really impressed with style and taste! Haven't seen a wedding cake from there, but I was just looking through to get ideas and found some great pictures and ideas for wedding cakes here.

JayKayinlove Posts : 33 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

walmart wedding cakes taste pretty good you can only get them round and in white cake. you can chose buttercream, whipped or chocolate frosting though. as for how they look they do a lot of different styles and they will have a book for you too look threw with the basic patterns they do but you can change things to match your wedding. Heres the biggy on this though every wal mart bakery has between 4 to 6 cake decoraters on staff and they get the orders by whoses working that day and some times 'at least at my local walmart' by whose better at it. I like the cakes i've seen made I work in a walmart and know that you can get them to do a practise cake one of their two layer 8 inch round cakes to see if it's a patern you'll like off the picture and in person they will also let you sample the frosting. I think the best way to find out if this is right for you is to go to your local walmart as every decorater has a deffent style even if thier using the same book talk to your bakeries decoraters ask to look at their book and look at the display cake they are supost to have out on display. if you then think this is right for you i do sugest you order a little cake first to see the patern but also how your colors look in that kind of frosting because that does change the tint somewhat. over all i do plan to good with them for my vow renewal cake and i have had the wedding cake before. it's a lot of cake low price but it does taste pretty good. you'll have to order your cake i think atleast a month ahead of time sooner if your getting married at a busy time of year and they don't do set up but the decoraters do set up the cake before they box them to make sure everything is their and will be easy for you to assimble and you can ask them if your un sure of how to do it.

but if you want something other then white round cake you'll have too look else where

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

My friends had a WalMart wedding cake and I would have never known if they hadn't told me. It was very tasty.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine